Programming the HomeLink feature...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 04:15 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fearlessfx
lol guess that pretty much answers my question
No, not at all. My garage door is at least 15 years old and it programs easily. Programming the older ones are easier because they don't use rolling codes.
Old 10-04-07, 04:15 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
You forgot a step.
5. Repeat above steps for an hour or more until it works!

And for some others...

6. Reprogram all of the Homelinks and clickers because you held the learn button on the garage door opener for a few seconds which erased the memory, as opposed to just pressing it quickly to add a new device.

I had a terrible problem doing this--went on the Homelink website, posted on CL. If you can't get it it work, try fresh batteries in your opener remote first. Once I did that, it worked easy.
Old 10-04-07, 06:08 AM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoganai
I just did mine again since i did the TSIB for the rear view mirror.

This process if you have a rollin code for your garage opener:
1) press and hold 1 & 3 button on the mirror to clear any programs set
2) press and hold the remote close to the mirror while pressing the # which u want to set the garage to open w/ for couple seconds then
3) press the button on the garage opener you got like 30 secs once you do to go back into your car and pressing the memory # 2 or 3 times.... your garage should work now

GL
yep, thats exactly what I did, it was a piece of cake
Old 10-04-07, 08:15 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What if I have a community gate with a rolling code that I can't access a "garage door opener" other than my remote?
Old 10-04-07, 08:44 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
What if I have a community gate with a rolling code that I can't access a "garage door opener" other than my remote?
I would think that, unless the manager/association gave you access to the control panel, you are SOL.
Old 10-04-07, 03:06 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

It did my garage and front gate, both had rolling codes.. done in about 5 minutes...

The deal with the rolling codes is that you 1st have to program the homelink button to the actual garage or gate clicker..
Following the steps in the book shows how the light blinks when that step is completed..

From there you follow the rolling code steps, find the training button ON the garage door or gate control box... you basically push that learning button and then you push the homelink button in your car that you assigned for the particular operation.
If done properly you usually just hear a click from the training button area that the new device (homelink) has been added or the door / gate opens or closes.

Tip: be sure your car is NOT hanging half way out of the garage while you are trying all of this...

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Yeup.. first you have the homelink transmitter read the remote by doing the easy step in the owners manual

Then go a find the on-site manager to have him hit the learn button on the receiver usually in the big box near the gate... Have your car right in front of the gate.. after he hits the button, just click the home link button you programmed earlier in your car and it should instantly be added...

Good Luck to ALL!!

Joe Z
Old 10-04-07, 03:30 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Haven't had luck doing this to both my GF's gate and garage door. Haven't thought to try and reset them though, so I'll try that tonight.
Old 10-04-07, 03:49 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Make sure that if you have one with rolling code you have to program the homelink with the opener first by pressing opener button and homelink button at the same time. I made this stupid mistake by not reading the book throughly and missed this step. I was frustrated for like an hour. It was one of those Homer Simpson moment "Doa'h".
Old 10-04-07, 04:21 PM
Willow
Driver School Candidate

Try changing the angle of the remote when you hold it up to the HomeLink. I tried forever with the remote pointed straight at the unit and it would not work.

When I turned the remote on its side, it worked the first time.
Old 11-24-07, 09:58 AM
LexusNut13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yemilipede
yep, thats exactly what I did, it was a piece of cake
This worked awsome, thanks so much. It took like 2 minutes total.
Old 11-24-07, 10:27 AM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

sometimes you have to hold the buttons alot longer than stated for it to program it in....
Old 11-24-07, 03:05 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't get my moms 08 Highlander to program. but my IS had no problem programming to both doors. I have fiddled around soo amny times with the Highlander i have given up. She can use the clicker.
Old 11-24-07, 03:33 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Like someone said... try a fresh new battery in the clicker. I believe this is the problem with my friend's car. He can't program it for ****.
Old 11-24-07, 06:39 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tried some of the tricks! Just programed the Highlander!!! My mom thinks im a genius!!
Old 11-24-07, 06:41 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Three words: FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS! Honestly, though, they detail exactly like it needs to be done.

I've had no problems programming mine, and I've had to do it twice (once due to mirror TSIB being done). The only "hang up" that I had was after the mirror was replaced, the homelink didn't seem to want to accept the code. So, all I did was reset the homelink (hold the outside two buttons together), and then try again, and it worked first time.

Don't forget that if you have rolling code, after you program the homelink with the remote, you have to hit the "Learn" button on the actual opener and then press the homelink button a few times until the door is operating.
drove me crazy. followed the instructions. went on HomeLink web site. called dealer. still didn't work. THEN, I put fresh batteries in my existing remote. worked immediately.

Quick Reply: Programming the HomeLink feature...