IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Damn Dealership. !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-07, 10:26 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS2506spd
yes that repairable. i had worst n the shop where i bought my rims from clean it up easy
hmm the repair guy that they called is probably a lazy *** then.
Old 10-11-07, 02:39 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Default Longo Lexus called back again

My SA (Danny Serrato) called and he said "Randy" the repair guy said that it is impossible to fix the damage on the type of finish. wtf? My SA told me he talked to the manager and theres nothing that they can do about it. They cant blame the mechanic, there is no proof.

However, I mentioned about going to another shop to see if they can repair it and Longo will reimburse me. My SA says okay but call him before getting the repair done.

So now what? Suggestions?
Old 10-11-07, 02:53 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
My SA (Danny Serrato) called and he said "Randy" the repair guy said that it is impossible to fix the damage on the type of finish. wtf? My SA told me he talked to the manager and theres nothing that they can do about it. They cant blame the mechanic, there is no proof.

However, I mentioned about going to another shop to see if they can repair it and Longo will reimburse me. My SA says okay but call him before getting the repair done.

So now what? Suggestions?
Find a shop that can fix it and get a quote, take it to the dealer and see if they will pay for it. I'm surprised they would even entertain the idea of paying for it after 2 weeks unless someone fessed up to it but then if they didn't fess up when it happened it's rare they would do so 2 weeks later either. I'd thank my lucky stars if they gave me even half.
Old 10-11-07, 03:47 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
Find a shop that can fix it and get a quote, take it to the dealer and see if they will pay for it. I'm surprised they would even entertain the idea of paying for it after 2 weeks unless someone fessed up to it but then if they didn't fess up when it happened it's rare they would do so 2 weeks later either. I'd thank my lucky stars if they gave me even half.
So you're thinking the mechanic fessed up? It's really hard to tell there is a damager unless I tell you there is. I found out when I was polishing it (meaning getting close and personal with the wheel)
Old 10-11-07, 03:54 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
So you're thinking the mechanic fessed up? It's really hard to tell there is a damager unless I tell you there is. I found out when I was polishing it (meaning getting close and personal with the wheel)
Probably not but I think you're lucky the dealer seems to be taking the responsibility, if they follow through then I would definately go there again and use the same service advisor every time.
Old 10-11-07, 04:01 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
Probably not but I think you're lucky the dealer seems to be taking the responsibility, if they follow through then I would definately go there again and use the same service advisor every time.
Well let's just hope that 1. it is repairable (I just called DCR Wheels, luckily they are local) 2. They will pay for the repair since they did say they will repair it but not replace it. If they do then I have the confidence to go back there again.
Old 10-11-07, 04:11 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Damn dude... Next time put your stockers back on before you go in. That's what I usually do...
Old 10-11-07, 04:19 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cspec
Damn dude... Next time put your stockers back on before you go in. That's what I usually do...
No tires on it, thats why I got rims. Now I dont know what I will do when they fix my rim. I called DCR (since theyre local), they quoted me $300 and will take 2-3 weeks. Either I get tires for my stockies again or I can ask my bro to let me drive the Mini for the next 3 weeks or I can ask Longo for a loaner.
Old 10-11-07, 04:22 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Screw it dude, just get the M5, lol...
Old 10-11-07, 04:28 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cspec
Screw it dude, just get the M5, lol...
if only it was 25mpg not 8mpg.

What's funny is that they've been out of the country for the past month, meaning I get to drive any car I want, and I pick the Mini over everything else. It's so fun.
Old 10-11-07, 07:13 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

I really want to pick up an M5 when I move back to Hong Kong dude...

A mini is gangster, lol...

But that was off topic, I hope you get your wheels fixed soon. I think you should tell them to give you a loaner though.
Old 10-11-07, 11:52 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

certain DCR wheels are do have the chromed lip, which is a trend that's growing and growing, but that makes the repair more difficult for sure. its best if they disassemble the whole thingy and rechrome the lip, if your lip is chromed.

dcr should have polished lips too for the real wheel/performance enthusiast, so if you're wheels are of that variety, its cheaper but also trickier. if polished, there are two options. they'll disassemble and repolish the whole lip/outer section. the other option is that they'll just polish and clean up the outer lip, but when they do that, they can't get all the way to the center piece, whereas a disassembly would let them polish through and under the center piece so its invisible once assembled. a close inspection will reveal where the original polish ends and where the new polish starts. a real good polish makes a negligible difference, but a difference still exists. if you get the whole thing polished, then you can't tell individually, but a whole wheel poorly polished will look different from the rest.

if your finish is a mirror, then that's the chrome talking. if its really bright and shiny and you see things in the reflection as slightly out of focus, that's a high polished lip. combfilter's wheels really look like they are machined, which gives that dull reflection
Old 10-12-07, 07:08 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

from the look at his wheels, I believe they are chrome. So sad that happened, one of my fav wheels on here.
Old 10-12-07, 10:21 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

i'd say polished, though the pics are too close to really tell.

hartawan...clarify it for us, i'm curious now. my bolts look exactly like yours too, though i prefer these female ones i had last time
Old 10-12-07, 10:39 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bravo261
i'd say polished, though the pics are too close to really tell.

hartawan...clarify it for us, i'm curious now. my bolts look exactly like yours too, though i prefer these female ones i had last time
I am sure it's chrome because it is a mirror finish and on the site it says chrome lip. What is weird is that it did not chip off or flake off.

Originally Posted by tt061880
from the look at his wheels, I believe they are chrome. So sad that happened, one of my fav wheels on here.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Damn Dealership. !!