IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Damn Dealership. !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07, 01:45 PM
illmike
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the damage isnt even that bad...prob 60 bucks to polish out (if there polished)

if you have DCR's...call my friend Albert at TWS (909.468.1311) just tell him your rim specs...amount you paid..etc.. and he'll tell you if there chromed or polish.

be sure to tell him your Mike from illmatic's buddy and you need the rim fix'd asap...im sure he can get it fixed alot faster then 2-3 weeks and cheaper =)
Old 10-12-07, 02:03 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by illmike
the damage isnt even that bad...prob 60 bucks to polish out (if there polished)

if you have DCR's...call my friend Albert at TWS (909.468.1311) just tell him your rim specs...amount you paid..etc.. and he'll tell you if there chromed or polish.

be sure to tell him your Mike from illmatic's buddy and you need the rim fix'd asap...im sure he can get it fixed alot faster then 2-3 weeks and cheaper =)
Haha I actually bought it from Albert. Maybe he can get a discount from DCR.
Old 10-20-07, 11:45 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

So wtf they authorize only $200 of $300 for repair. They call it a "fair deal"... I still have to waste my time, enery, and money for gas to go for the repair. I am going to pay them a visit, talk to them in person.
Old 10-21-07, 07:26 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That should cover the cost of your repair even if it's chrome.

Are you getting quoted higher?
Old 10-21-07, 09:23 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

on fixrim.com its $250+ for chrome repairs.
DCR is quoting me $300.

Either way I have to put money out of my pocket?
Old 10-23-07, 02:58 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

I went back to Longo and couldn't get anymore, probably because I wasnt hard on them enough.
They say if I went to another dealership, they would have not given and money and just dropped the case.
Old 10-23-07, 03:01 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks dude. But at least you got something right??
Old 10-23-07, 04:08 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Sucks dude. But at least you got something right??
I guess . I hate how I have to put in money and time for something I didnt do in the first place
Old 10-23-07, 04:59 PM
Audiofan2
Pole Position

I purchased the tire and wheel warranty that they attempt to sell you when you first buy the car. My reason for purchasing was simple, it was an unlimited mile/5 year warranty and I drive about 50k year. I thought that just two tire claims would cover the $420 cost of the warranty, let alone any problems with pot holes and the rims.

About three weeks ago I noticed I had hit a pot hole hard (terrible Oregon roads) with the right front and rear wheels thus causing severe damage to the rims and tires (you could see the cords). So I took the car to America's Tire who quoted me about $1,300 for tires that would be similar and reconditioned rims. America's Tire then called the warranty company who sad they would only cover the tires and not cover the rims if they were holding air (warranty does not cover curb damage). This was amusing considering the rims were so bad a new set of tires couldn't even be mounted on them.

I took the car to my dealer who strongly suggested that I take an RX for a rental while they "took care of the problem with the warranty company". The warranty company paid an inspector to drive 1:15 each way, plus about an hour for an inspection just to come up with the conclusion that I most likely had not hit a curb. Then the dealer ordered two new rims and exact tire matches for me, thus the claim was way higher than if the warranty company had just agreed with America's Tire.

Four days with the RX later I got my car back and noticed on the opposite side blue paint and a mark in the lip which looked really similar to the one in this post. At first I thought it was from the car wash at the dealer, however the floor guides were not blue. I went by the dealer's shop and noticed that their car mounts were blue and an exact match for the mark on my rim. So I would check your mark with the dealer's equipment. The service manager said that it can be caused by a swing arm that wraps around the wheel.
Old 10-23-07, 05:45 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Audio, there were no color whatsoever on the rim. Apparently it was from an impact wrench but the manager said "it has been two weeks, ANYTHING could have happened". I guess I can't argue with that. They told me they interrogated the mechanic and said nothing happened (WELL DUH). So I am just pissed that the mechanic never stepped forward and do the right thing.
Old 10-23-07, 07:23 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

are there any other rim repair shop somewhere nearby?
Old 10-23-07, 08:11 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
are there any other rim repair shop somewhere nearby?
Probably but I haven't checked. Since its barely noticeable I think I will repair it sometime else and put the money into the car fund piggy bank.
Old 10-27-07, 02:13 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Got my $200 check in the mail today.
Lesson learned. No matter how late you are, spend 2 minutes just checking your rims and your car. You'll thank yourself for doing that.
Old 10-27-07, 07:08 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry you had to go thru all that. My lesson learned with this when i get my volks is to do a walk around with the person I drop my car off to verify that I don't have any scratches prior to dropping it off.

The bad thing if they scratch my volks it will be another 3 months before they can be replaced.
Old 10-27-07, 08:33 AM
Giggity
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Got my $200 check in the mail today.
Lesson learned. No matter how late you are, spend 2 minutes just checking your rims and your car. You'll thank yourself for doing that.
Seriously, for all you know that minor damage to the wheel could have been caused by road debris on the ride home. You imply that the tech was irresponsible and did not "step up" to take the heat for damage I doubt he caused while doing free "give the crying baby a bottle" TSIB work on your car. And to top it all off you got a $200 check, essentially getting paid for free service on your car- KUDOS to you, you're awesome

Quick Reply: Damn Dealership. !!