IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Damn Dealership. !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 01:47 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Damn Dealership. !!

Okay so I went to Longo Lexus last Monday 9/24/07 for 1. TSIB Aux Port, 2. TSIB Rearview Mirror, and 3. TSIB Brake pads. The car was done the next day and I picked it up. The stupid thing I did was not taking my time to check my rims, I was only looking if they bent it or not.
So today, 10/04/07, I finished washing my car and I was polishing my wheels when I saw this.

What does it look like to you? To me it looks like they dropped the rim.

After the service, I have not been driving it that much and I would know if I hit something while driving but I didnt. So I called my service advisor just now and he told me that he will call his manager. They will want me to go back to the dealership and they will take a look if the problem could be their fault.

So pissed off right now.

Last edited by Hartawan; 10-21-07 at 09:24 AM. Reason: dealership name revealed
Old 10-04-07, 01:50 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Does anyone know how much it will cost to re-chrome(?) repolish that?
Old 10-04-07, 01:51 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

sure that wasnt there when the tires were mounted originally, that looks like something a tire mounting machine would do
Old 10-04-07, 01:52 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
sure that wasnt there when the tires were mounted originally, that looks like something a tire mounting machine would do
Yes, I've had these rims for 3 months now and cleaned it numerous times (at least once a week)
Old 10-04-07, 01:56 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

strange, at the same time it doesnt look like a curb mark either, curb marks are more abrasive looking. A mark like that wouldve had to been done with some kind of tool if it wasnt a curb. Impact Wrench?
Old 10-04-07, 02:03 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. That mark doesn't look like curb rash. Probably from the machine or someone dropped a wrench on the wheel?

What part of CA are you from? Flipsonic recently had an issue with a dealer messing up his rims, but he's from NorCal.
Old 10-04-07, 02:05 PM
Swisha
Pole Position

damn that sucks, it would probably cost you around 100-150 to fix.
Old 10-04-07, 02:21 PM
Namir
Lead Lap

maybe they knicked it with the impact wrench while they were doing the lugs?
but i wouldnt expect it to be on the lip... unless they were extremely careless and mildly retarded.
Old 10-04-07, 02:29 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

I'm not sure if all dealers do this but this past week when I had brake TSIB done the service guy gives me the list of items like scratches on the wheel, body, etc... before they take the car. It's a procedure so if something like yours happen, they will take responsibility.
Old 10-04-07, 02:31 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

I am from So Cal. My advisor just called me and im heading to the dealership right now.
Old 10-04-07, 02:46 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Yep, the last time I went to get my oil changed they put a small (but easily and quickly noticeable to me) scratch on the rear driver side panel. But what are you going to do? I knew how to fix it myself and I did but should I have trusted them who caused the problem to get one of their monkeys that probably put the damn scratch there to fix it? I think not.
Old 10-04-07, 02:58 PM
njmurvin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I don't have any suggestions for you . . . but

I recently bought my CPO IS350 at Thousand Oaks Lexus. By the time the salesman and I finished grinding each other during the sale, I didn't have the energy to really go over the exterior of the car with a fine-toothed comb. I had glanced at the passenger side of the car and was impressed that there was no curb rash. It didn't occur to me to check the driver side until I got home. Sure enough, not only a rash, but also the lip was slightly bent.

I called the salesman right away, but he had already gone home (to spend his commission, no doubt) and the next day was his day off. I brought it to the service dept the next day anyway and explained the situation. They did and said everything short of accusing me of doing the damage myself ("that didn't happen here", "it wasn't that way when it went through the CPO inspection", etc.). I knew I hadn't done it. But, there appeared to be no way of convincing them of that. I figured I was screwed - my bad for not checking before I left with the car. However, after getting the salesman (and his manager) involved, the situation turned in my favor and they stepped up and bought me a new wheel. The following Monday, I took it in, they gave me an ES350 loaner with 3k on the clock, washed it and I picked it up on the way home from work.

I hope your situation turns out as well for you.
Old 10-04-07, 03:41 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Default Heres the deal

I went to the dealership and met with my advisor. At first, one of the valet guys and the advisor checked the rim out. The advisor went back in to get his manager and probably told him it was hard to see the damage (which it is until you really look at the rim).

Manager comes out and takes a look at it. After about 5 minutes he told me that because it has been almost 2 weeks long, they will not REPLACE the rim but they are willing to repair it. So I said okay, hopefully they CAN repair it. He told the advisor to contact their "rim guy". So my SA will contact me later about the repair guy, they will send him to my house. Then we had a little chit chat about TPMS and about the meet im going to. Then I came back home.

At least they responded quickly. From the time I left a message to my SA, it took about 2 hours until he called me saying I can come in and the manager will take a look at it. Edit: Not even 2 hours, if you look at the time I posted my thread and now is how long it took.

What do you guys think, repairable?

Last edited by Hartawan; 10-04-07 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-04-07, 03:52 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, I think they can repair it. Not to the same condition as new, but it will be less painful to look at.
Old 10-04-07, 03:57 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hartawan: Your rim can totally be fixed. I had a polished rim on my last set of wheels and took it to here http://www.fixrim.com/ and they fixed it perfect. Your's is less than what mine was. Only problem is your location. I looked on their website and dont' see one in Hawaii. there are 2 in so-cal and you could ship your wheel to them or heck ship it to here (the one in dallas). They do great work.

seriously, your damage is the most minor i bet they will have seen all year. I was skeptical when I first took my wheel there, but after seeing what they do, i no longer have doubt. They fix it in 1 day too.

Quick Reply: Damn Dealership. !!