IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Finally.. some pics... lol... start the flaming!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 08:18 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I think the yellow calipers are actually o.k.

However, the yellow fog covers look extremely fake. Just get yellow fog bulbs instead...
I agree.

Plus he has two different yellows on there. Doesnt look good if the colors dont even match!
Old 10-04-07, 08:27 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I agree...
I also agree, im not a big fan of 'stickers'. Redouts are fine on a dark car but putting it on a fog lens... its like your too lazy/incompetent to swap the bulbs but thats just my opinion.
Old 10-04-07, 08:30 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Well, not REALLY. I've seen plenty of nicely-painted stock calipers on the forums. I've also seen a blue onyx IS with yellow calipers, and it looked ok. I agree with Phillip, the yellow calipers are ok here, but the fogs are too much. The calipers might look even better with some black stickers, or under some new rims.
You're obviously into rice mang, but that's you, for me rice has no place in any car let alone a Lexus.

Why is it rice to paint STOCK calipers? Because by painting it, you are highlighting a piece of item that was not made for competitive nor comparative driving performance. Doing anything for no reason (and to make a car stand out for the wrong reasons) is called rice.

Peace!
Old 10-04-07, 08:52 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ldc
You're obviously into rice mang, but that's you, for me rice has no place in any car let alone a Lexus.

Why is it rice to paint STOCK calipers? Because by painting it, you are highlighting a piece of item that was not made for competitive nor comparative driving performance. Doing anything for no reason (and to make a car stand out for the wrong reasons) is called rice.

Peace!
Whaa??? I had a show 69 camero convert with with candy purple/silver microsequence paint and air brush... so that was rice?
Old 10-04-07, 09:37 PM
VF84
Pole Position

yellow film is funky on the sgm (that's what u have right?)... get some yellow bulbs. the film makes the front look busy. it's just funny because u red out the rear, but added yellow to the front.

the yellow caliper is ok. it is a little too bright, maybe some brake dust will tone it down a bit haha . yeah, maybe some black letters/logo or something. if it starts to bug u, maybe a dark anthracite metallic caliper color?
Old 10-04-07, 09:44 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

My .02... The yellow fog is o.k. It stands out. The yellow caliper blows it. Even the pic with the red caliper looks, well, funny, almost clownish . A darker color for the caliper would compliment your car and keep your Lexy sexy.

I was thinking of painting my calipers red, but after seeing both the red and yellow in the pics, I'm going with a darker color. Race colors just don't look right on a sedan.
Old 10-04-07, 10:35 PM
Swisha
Pole Position

not feeling the yellow
Old 10-04-07, 11:39 PM
IS-MIKE
Driver

Not feeling it either. Too much contrast. Toning it down would be good. Also the front and back of the car seem unbalanced, you need a some yellow in the back if you're sticking with the yellow.
Old 10-04-07, 11:52 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ldc

Peace!
well if u look at lexus's videos the brakes on a 350 r suppose to be a upgraded brake from a 250, so in a sense they are performance oriented. also to make that statement saying painting stock calipers is rice is pretty retarded, i mean r u telling me if someone wanted a Ferrari's brakes to be a different color its rice-ing the car cause they use the stock bbk's?
Old 10-05-07, 12:39 AM
nine9898
Driver

red.......Red
Old 10-05-07, 12:44 AM
BLK*LEX
Rookie

Originally Posted by shiftlock
I was trying something different... I would usually go red but I really wanted to see what yellow would look like...
You got to it before i did...haha.....well...im using yellow for something on my Black IS...but until i have it done, i dont wana say what.....You will all findout when i get it done....
Old 10-05-07, 10:37 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
A darker color for the caliper would compliment your car and keep your Lexy sexy.

I was thinking of painting my calipers red, but after seeing both the red and yellow in the pics, I'm going with a darker color. Race colors just don't look right on a sedan.
^^ I couldn't have said it better my self!!!

I used a spray paint called "Black Midnight Metallic" on my IS300...
It was pretty much a sparkling dark gray...

Since the IS350 calipers are dark already, I think I'm going to be leaving my alone for a while...

Not the best pics, but you all get the general idea..

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...talled_003.jpg

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...talled_013.jpg

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...l_Pics_006.jpg

Jz
Old 10-05-07, 11:16 AM
Giggity
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ldc

Peace!
EXACTLY- I do not get why people paint crap on their car just for the sake of doing it, why don't you paint the A/C vents an gauge bezel too... VERY HONDA BOY. Even if I bought a BBK I think i'd paint the calipers black just to get rid of the obnoxious colors. But then again majority of people buy them for the "look at ME, look at ME!" factor. I know that the aftermarket kind of sucks for this car at the moment and most of what is out there is a tad on the pricey side becuase of the "L" in the grill. For me, I'm just too busy or lazy (depending on the day) to do worthless "mods" to my car. for now I'm just going to washing it and keeping it clean until worth while, real mods hit the market. Honestly, if your bored and need to do something to your car, take for a spirited drive. It's much more rewarding then uglifying it.
Old 10-05-07, 11:51 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

I kinda get the point of what LDC is stating... it's like, it's a stock part on a car, and it's not really a high performance part at that. If it was a set of Brembo's Red Calipers or some other brand name with Bright yellow.. then ya, it makes sense.

But on the otherhand, maybe this guy just wanted to go with his theme of yellow accents. If he liked Yellow, perhaps do more yellow to balance it out a little. Some other parts yellow... Rear License plate frame? Uhhmmm Rear Brakes painted yellow... Yellow wheels?..
Old 10-05-07, 01:20 PM
shiftlock
Driver School Candidate

Wow.. I didnt realize that this would become an intense discussion about rice or not... I just wanted to try something a little different; doesnt mean I'll keep it. I'm getting black rims and I thought it might look good. I dont take any critism to heart and I appreciate everyone's input. I think we all bought an outstanding brand of car.

The whole point to "modding" is to make yours different. Just because its a Lexus, doesnt mean your restricted from making it different. I came from a G35 coupe and had done more than enough mods. To you it might not be tasteful but for me it is...lol..

Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Finally.. some pics... lol... start the flaming!!