IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Warranty? 'You play, you pay.'

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-07, 05:53 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socalJD
509 - Phew, that's the longest run-on sentence that I've seen in awhile. LOL, I have to read it over just to retain the gist. . .
Yeah, a bit over the top, my bad.
Old 10-11-07, 05:55 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
I agree with the OP. If the owner breaks it, he/she should be responsible for it. It comes to integrity. On the flip side, how much integrity does the dealership have and how often do they do a number on the owners?
you dont want to know! i worked for a high end dealer and they will do anything and everything to take advantage of the situation. not matter if you are purchasing or in for a wash....i had a hard time working there and glad it was short at that. bottom line is they dont care about you or the next person that comes thru the door! maybe its different in other areas but i happen to know most of the owners and the kids of the dealers around here and they are all the same! welcome to chicago....
Old 10-11-07, 06:17 PM
Tangerine
Driver

The cooperation, Lexus reimburses for the warranty work. It varies from dealer to dealers if they like to do the work.

I agree with al503, own up to your responsibilities. I see the phrase bring it back to stock and have the warranty fix it all too many times on the Honda/Toyota forums but I don't expect this from Lexus. Are people that cheap?
Old 10-12-07, 11:07 AM
Axvel
Driver

We pay 40K+ for these cars, we expect the dealers to be nice to us and do as they are suppose to, fix cars and keep customers happy. our cars are not 15k honda civics, so we do expect more
Old 10-12-07, 11:19 AM
siren05
Driver School Candidate

try paying 65,000k in canada for same car you guys (americans) pay 40,000k for.and we get worse service here in canada.I would love to pay $40,000 U.S which is like $39,000 cdn funds for is350,my 250 mt cost more than americans pay for 350's
Old 10-12-07, 11:37 AM
06Lex350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*Your* cardinals (used to be Indians) ??? LOL. I don't see you proudly displaying your team spirit on your avatar ?!? Streaks are made to be broken, we'll just need to start a new one. You guys did us a favor, we needed a wake-up call. That's why I like college football, on any given saturday ***** can happen... Fight On !!!
Actually it's Cardinal, not Cardinals. Didn't U$C used to be the wesleyans or something? I'd rather not be named after a civilization that was famously destroyed by being utterly fooled (which, I suppose, is preferable to being named after a condom.)

As for not displaying my team spirit, it's a message board and I really didn't take the time to fill it out. Also, it never seizes to amaze me how much U$C people want to let everyone know where they went to school. I mean, it's a decent school but c'mon! I guess you trojans just have a chip on your shoulder given that you are overshadowed by Stanford, Cal Tech, Kal, UCLA, the Claremont schools, etc. Sure, you have football (the best player money can buy - just ask Reggie Bu$h) and I guess you have to take what you can get.

For those non-$C/Stanford fans out there, I apologize. You're getting a taste of why so many people in CA don't like $C people. They think it's because we're jealous but in reality it's because they are so blindly arrogant.
Old 10-12-07, 11:49 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 06Lex350
Actually it's Cardinal, not Cardinals. Didn't U$C used to be the wesleyans or something? I'd rather not be named after a civilization that was famously destroyed by being utterly fooled (which, I suppose, is preferable to being named after a condom.)

As for not displaying my team spirit, it's a message board and I really didn't take the time to fill it out. Also, it never seizes to amaze me how much U$C people want to let everyone know where they went to school. I mean, it's a decent school but c'mon! I guess you trojans just have a chip on your shoulder given that you are overshadowed by Stanford, Cal Tech, Kal, UCLA, the Claremont schools, etc. Sure, you have football (the best player money can buy - just ask Reggie Bu$h) and I guess you have to take what you can get.

For those non-$C/Stanford fans out there, I apologize. You're getting a taste of why so many people in CA don't like $C people. They think it's because we're jealous but in reality it's because they are so blindly arrogant.
Too mean. I'm an ND fan, so I've got no love for USC either, but dang, put the gloves back on!
Old 10-12-07, 12:07 PM
Nizzel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
Too mean. I'm an ND fan, so I've got no love for USC either, but dang, put the gloves back on!
Haha yea that was funny, if a little harsh. I guess maybe the truth hurts though? Funny story about this: As a freshman at UofA I attended some matches between the Wildcats and the USC Trojans. At first, I was shocked at how cocky their fans seemed to be. Not just about the games, but in general. Someone else down the hall from me knew a few USC students and they said the same thing. I figured it was a California thing (sorry, yes it's a stereotype.) However, later that year I went to a Cal Golden Bears game and they were much more humble (although some were weird!). So I figured it was just a southern california thing (the being cocky thing). Well, that theory got shot down when I realized that the UCLA fans were nice like the Cal fans. Coming back to my original point, over the years I've determined that USC fans are just the most cocky fans out there (up there with ASU fans =p). I don't really hate USC or anything, but I would have to agree that they are cocky. It sure was fun seeing them lose last weekend! Now I can only hope that the Wildcats do it this weekend, too!
Old 10-12-07, 12:30 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Axvel
We pay 40K+ for these cars, we expect the dealers to be nice to us and do as they are suppose to, fix cars and keep customers happy. our cars are not 15k honda civics, so we do expect more
A lot of dealers out there are nice like they are suppose to be. What more do you expect from them? If you mod your car and something happens, how can you expect them to fix your problem that is out of the warranty work? If you can afford a $40k car, you can afford to fix your own car if it's your fault. The principle is the same regardless of how much money you've spent.

If you broke something, and demand the dealership to fix it, then it only makes you look cheap.

Sadly, there will be cheating going on, despite saying they wont.
Old 10-12-07, 02:42 PM
Axvel
Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
A lot of dealers out there are nice like they are suppose to be. What more do you expect from them? If you mod your car and something happens, how can you expect them to fix your problem that is out of the warranty work? If you can afford a $40k car, you can afford to fix your own car if it's your fault. The principle is the same regardless of how much money you've spent.

If you broke something, and demand the dealership to fix it, then it only makes you look cheap.

GSteg, i in no way mod my car, i'm on of those people who like it stock. I do expect dealer not to wash my blk color car when i asked them not to, i do expect them to give me a loaner, which they did, only they always faught me to it.
Old 10-12-07, 02:53 PM
06Lex350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

06Lex350 - I feel sorry for you. Just having some fun on a public internet forum and you got your feelings hurt. First you insult Native Americans, then you botch Greek mythology, then you attack the entire 'SC alumni. Remember you brought up the topic (post #11), so who's the one with the 'chip on his shoulder' ??? I suggest you re-read your posts carefully before you push 'reply' because surely a student of the Leyland Stanford University would have higher standards than what you have shown...
Yes I brought it up first. I brought it up (in a joking, teasing manner) that Stanford had upset USC. How is that having a chip on my shoulder? My follow up post was in response to your comment that real fans must have an avatar of their team (laughable). Also, it was meant as a tongue-in-cheek response, but clearly that was lost.

How in the world did I insult Native Americans? You, for some unknown reason, mentioned Stanford as the Indians. Why that was even relevant to your post is beyond me. What part of Greek mythology did I "botch?" I mentioned the trojan horse. Do you somehow have a different take on that legend?

Last edited by 06Lex350; 10-12-07 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-12-07, 03:02 PM
Nizzel
Driver School Candidate

I think SoCalJD is still pissed about losing to 'furd. Relax, it's just a game. Sure 06lex laid into you but you weren't exactly kind in your message either by "LOL" to his comment about the game. to this topic being hijacked.
Old 10-12-07, 04:36 PM
Tangerine
Driver

Originally Posted by Axvel
GSteg, i in no way mod my car, i'm on of those people who like it stock. I do expect dealer not to wash my blk color car when i asked them not to, i do expect them to give me a loaner, which they did, only they always faught me to it.
Any luck with other Lexus dealerships? My Lexus dealerships haven't given me any issues yet. Best service I've seen are from Mercedes so maybe get a Mercedes for that excellent service?? j/k

Originally Posted by GSteg

Exactly my point, I only mentioned the Honda/Toyotas because, I hate to generalize but people who can afford to put down 40k+ are in a better position financially then them so they resort to cheating the dealerships but then again apparently Lexus peeps does it also. People are selfish by nature and they don't look at the business/moral aspect of running the business.

Originally Posted by siren05
try paying 65,000k in canada for same car you guys (americans) pay 40,000k for.and we get worse service here in canada.I would love to pay $40,000 U.S which is like $39,000 cdn funds for is350,my 250 mt cost more than americans pay for 350's
Move to America then.... there are things Canada has that are better than the US and vice versa. Just gotta deal with it. Just like how I'm dealing with the Canadian dollar being worth more.
Old 10-14-07, 03:16 AM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't believe i'm a bad person, i don't look at myself as a thief, but i'm going to be honest - when i go to the stealership, i try to get as much free stuff as possible - under warranty, not under warranty, my fault, your fault, his fault, who cares? if lexus approves the claim, i dont care. they've been in the car game forever, they know fraudulent claims are going to happen, they know that stealerships cut people "deals" and work things thru, and they let dealerships and people get away with it cause they make up for it by charging you double and a half for a nicer version of a toyota.

i understand morals but i also understand business. we're dealing with a business that prides itself on customer satisfaction (i think) it gets that by letting the customer think he can get over on them by having easy going warranties, since it doesn't seem to difficult. stuff happens, lexus doesn't mind fixing it as long as it doesn't look like you messed with it. lexus pricing is designed so they win at the end...by ALOT. so if i can get a little back from the company, even if it was my fault, why not?

This is a luxury car company. They have made enough money to fix all of our mistakes 1000000x over.
Old 10-14-07, 03:23 AM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
The whole 'Robin Hood-Take from the big corporation and give to the little guy' mentality is a joke propagated by childish self-important brats whose most telling trait is an overwhelming sense of personal entitlement based not in reality but in the imaginations of these very same pea-brains. As far as I'm concerned, adults take responsibility for their actions and decisions.
damn, this guy makes me seem like a child, but i'll still have that couple of hundred dollars i saved by duping the stealership. j/k my car's 10 years old, warranty left it a long time ago.

Quick Reply: Warranty? 'You play, you pay.'