IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

And the saga continues...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07, 05:14 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, got my call from the district manager. He said that this is what he thinks happened. Apparently, my build was one of this region's builds at one time, but not now. So when the original order was placed, somehow it couldn't be entered as a special order and went somehow to preference. He said that he had to personally go in and change it in order for my order to be accepted. He told me that the next acceptance date in the 19th, so we are in and good. He also said that he's going to go in and place our order at the front of his items (my husband said it will be the first built, but will get here on the same boat as the last built). I asked if I could get my confirmation from the factory on the 19th, and he said that he could do better than that and that he would send it on Monday.

He told me I was so good for being so patient and I laughed and told him that I wasn't anymore, that my patience had been used up!

Thanks Kickin8. How do you get the Taste of Lexus coupon? What is this Visa thing?? Maybe they can help us anyway!

Hey everyone! I just edited this to say thanks for the group hug. I can't thank you enough for your support and advice. I know you all want me to kick them to the curb, but I do have the luxury of having two cars (one is mine and the other's was my husband's that we gave to our son) and a work vehicle for my husband. If DH needs to go somewhere now, one of them is available most of the time. My son is the one that's funny...he worries when Dad drives his car. He likes it when Dad puts gas in it though.

One more thing. The district manager that I talked to is Cindy's also and she had great things to say about him. Cindy, even though she knew that I was going to do this first, has been wonderful and has helped me so much with this. She's the best!

Last edited by BucBaby; 10-12-07 at 05:22 PM. Reason: I wanted to thank my buds!!!!
Old 10-12-07, 05:33 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

^^ We are all here to help!!!

Glad to hear you are now finally at the top of the chain...

Originally Posted by BucBaby
Thanks Kickin8. How do you get the Taste of Lexus coupon? Maybe they can help us anyway!

^^ Make sure you attend this event!!

http://www.tasteoflexus.com/eventlocations.asp

Joe Z
Old 10-12-07, 06:30 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

Joe,

Thanks a bunch for the link. Tell me. How does the $750 coupon work? Would I have had to use it when I placed my special order and negotiated the price or can I use it when we get our car in and work out financing?
Old 10-13-07, 09:34 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Well, got my call from the district manager. He said that this is what he thinks happened. Apparently, my build was one of this region's builds at one time, but not now. So when the original order was placed, somehow it couldn't be entered as a special order and went somehow to preference. He said that he had to personally go in and change it in order for my order to be accepted. He told me that the next acceptance date in the 19th, so we are in and good. He also said that he's going to go in and place our order at the front of his items (my husband said it will be the first built, but will get here on the same boat as the last built). I asked if I could get my confirmation from the factory on the 19th, and he said that he could do better than that and that he would send it on Monday.

He told me I was so good for being so patient and I laughed and told him that I wasn't anymore, that my patience had been used up!

Thanks Kickin8. How do you get the Taste of Lexus coupon? What is this Visa thing?? Maybe they can help us anyway!

Hey everyone! I just edited this to say thanks for the group hug. I can't thank you enough for your support and advice. I know you all want me to kick them to the curb, but I do have the luxury of having two cars (one is mine and the other's was my husband's that we gave to our son) and a work vehicle for my husband. If DH needs to go somewhere now, one of them is available most of the time. My son is the one that's funny...he worries when Dad drives his car. He likes it when Dad puts gas in it though.

One more thing. The district manager that I talked to is Cindy's also and she had great things to say about him. Cindy, even though she knew that I was going to do this first, has been wonderful and has helped me so much with this. She's the best!
taste of lexus coupon was sent to you if you go to their test drive....$750 off 07/08 models

lexus visa promo:

http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum...romo/promo.jsp
Old 10-13-07, 09:37 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Joe,

Thanks a bunch for the link. Tell me. How does the $750 coupon work? Would I have had to use it when I placed my special order and negotiated the price or can I use it when we get our car in and work out financing?
you present the coupon after you neogiated the price.

the coupon = $750 cash downpayment.

catch: the coupon expires end of the year, dont worry...all you have to do is to call lexus corporate and tell them you want them to "extend" the coupon.....they extended mine until Feb the next year!
Old 10-13-07, 11:32 AM
BucBaby
Pole Position

Thanks for your help.

So, we have our contract with a price, we put down $1000, they ordered the car, can we give it to them when we put down more money on the car and get our financing?
Old 10-13-07, 11:55 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks for your help.

So, we have our contract with a price, we put down $1000, they ordered the car, can we give it to them when we put down more money on the car and get our financing?
Yes - its a gift certificate which you will receive approx 1-2 months after you attend the event..

Its as good as cash...

If you intend on putting lets say $20,000 down, bring a check for $19,250 and the gift certificate for $750