IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

And the saga continues...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-07, 02:00 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And the saga continues...

So, many of you know my special order woes. I finally got them to admit that my special order was not placed, but an I want I have and preference order was. We ordered at the end of May and still don't have our car. The guy that did all this turned out to be the General Manager of the dealership. He was let go (I didn't even have a chance to report him) and I was told that everything would be fixed that he messed up.

So fast forward to Monday. I call and ask how my special order is doing. I'm told that it has been place and the info. was e-mailed to me. I tell them I didn't get it and we realize the he has the wrong e-mail. So he resends it. I ended up checking it on Tuesday night and can't open it. I call the dealership and neither one of my guys is there. Yesterday I call and ask them to fax them to my husband. He gets them this morning and ....you won't believe this......actually some of you knew this would happen......they had place another I want I have order with the preference option checked at the bottom again! CAN YOU BELIEVE THE GALL OF THESE PEOPLE! Maybe, just maybe, they think that this IS a special order but I don't think so.

So I call to speak to them and neither one is there. I ask for their boss, oh yeah, he's fired. OK, they transfer me to the head of three different dealerships that belong to the same group. He's gone, but the operator tells me to call the owner of all the dealerships in the afternoon.

I do. He's very nice and promises that he'll get to the bottom of this and give me a call. he says that he'll talk to the district manager of Lexus. Now I'm waiting for his response.
Old 10-11-07, 02:27 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME"

You are wasting your time dealing with these yokels. Unless you are a true masochist and enjoy this type of torture you have to walk away from these clowns, call JM in FL and put in a real order. You are never going to get satisfaction from this dealer, they are incompetent. You have wasted five months of time and have gotten nowhere. The answer is clear, go elsewhere.
Old 10-11-07, 02:32 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

I couldn't have said it better Evitzee. Whatever dealership this is clearly does not know what a special order is or how to place one properly. We all know there is a difference between preference and special order, but I don't think all dealerships and salespeople do. This is why I tell people that if you truly want a special order, make sure you go to a dealer and quiz them on the process to see if they really know what they're doing. If you hurry you can probably get in on one of JM's allocations for this month, and then your car would get built next month and you could have it around Christmas.

Last edited by jdanon; 10-11-07 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-11-07, 02:48 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

My husband is the reason that I didn't go there...and money. He wants to make them honor what they told us, even if it takes standing in the middle of the dealership on a Saturday afternoon talking too loudly for everyone to hear. The JM price is about 1,500 more and we have in writing some extras that they have added that are worth probably another 1,000.

I'll let you know what happens. The owner seemed genuinely concerned. We'll see. It would be great if he could get this done for us ASAP.

Don't worry. I was fooled once. Now we just don't want them to get away with treating people like this.
Old 10-11-07, 03:04 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Here is a brief description of the ordering ppwk I was given the day I got a copy of my special order..

I would think all of the Lexus ordering is done on the same platform..

Top of page:

Vehicle Change Detail

Requested Vehicle (I Want)

Series: IS Year: 2008 Model: 9510

Factory Accessories: PA, ST, VN Post-Production Options: Z1

Exterior: 01G0 Smoky Granit Mica Interior: 27 Black

below that was:

Vehicle(s) to Change (I have)

"All dropped vehicles info"

Now on the bottom there are two boxes...

I had a checked off "Special Request"

the other non-checked box was "Suggested or Additional Unit"

Hope this helps..!!

If they indeed ordered your car, Lexus Japan will accept the order on 10/20 or 10/22 and you should see it in approx 3 months..

Good Luck & keep us posted!

Joe Z
Old 10-11-07, 03:12 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

Thanks.

Mine said Requested vehicle (I Want)
It then listed my vehicle and all of the things that we wanted

Vehicle(s) to Change (I Have)
Listed an ES 9000

On the bottom they checked a box next to "If Checked a Preference will be created"

What do you think?

Was yours truly a special order? How quickly did you get it? Did you know when it was on the boat, etc?
Old 10-11-07, 03:33 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by BucBaby
Thanks.

Mine said Requested vehicle (I Want)
It then listed my vehicle and all of the things that we wanted

Vehicle(s) to Change (I Have)
Listed an ES 9000

On the bottom they checked a box next to "If Checked a Preference will be created"

What do you think?

Was yours truly a special order? How quickly did you get it? Did you know when it was on the boat, etc?

In my opinion that still does not sound like a special order..

I would think they would have to drop a dealer allocation of the same:

Series, Year, & Model

in order to build the "Special Request" car for you...

I know that's how its done here in CA... I can't speak for FL, but maybe DropTopGal can give us some better insight from her sheet.

Joe Z
Old 10-11-07, 03:39 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

I didn't get all the paperwork that JoeZ and DropTopGal got with their special orders, but mine was definitely a special order if for no other reason because my color combo doesn't exist except on my car (red/sterling). My order was officially in at the July cutoff, and was on a boat by the end of August. I got an email on 9/7 with the VIN and scheduled port delivery date of 9/24. Car arrived at the dealer 3 days later on the 27th at which time I could have picked it up.

Total time from order submission to available for pickup at the dealer was about 2 months. As it was, I wanted a 2008 in June, so I had to wait an additional 6 weeks for my order to be submitted, and then another 1.5 weeks for delivery by truck, so tack on almost another 2 months for me that you will not have.
Old 10-11-07, 11:33 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

At the rate you're going, you may never get a 2008 IS. I already deleted the special order form. If memory serves correctly, when my special order was placed, the actual JM Lexus order form clearly showed which vehicle they dropped in their allocation and it stated exactly which special order was placed. No secrets, no waiting for phone calls, no run around...

I have to ask fellow Floridian...> have you not learned yet?

It is clear that your Lexus dealership is either incompetent or they simply don't care about your special order. After all, the IS is the "entry level" Lexus, thus not having the same $$ impact as more expensive Lexus models.

I still don't understand why you want a manual. The 6 gear auto is fantastic and you would have a car immediately. I empathize with you regarding your husband's determination, but there comes a time when to say enough is enough. I'll bet that you can get $500 off whatever the JM Lexus quote was with just a bit more negotiating.
Old 10-12-07, 01:27 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

I'm waiting for the district manager of Lexus to call me as I type. He called me at work today, but I have to turn my phone off during my work time. I called back and haven't heard yet. I was assured by the owner of the Lexus dealership that my car has been ordered, and he's having the district manager call to assure me of that. On the message from the district manager, he also told me he was sorry about my special order experience, and he wanted to talk to me about it. He said they were trying to make the special order process better and he wanted my input about it.

I just want him to explain why my paperwork reads what it does and I want to know when I'm going to get my car.

DropTopGirl, I know you want to hit me in the head like on those V-8 ads, but hopefully this will get done and we'll be driving soon.
Old 10-12-07, 02:03 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

So, many of you know my special order woes. I finally got them to admit that my special order was not placed, but an I want I have and preference order was. We ordered at the end of May and still don't have our car. The guy that did all this turned out to be the General Manager of the dealership. He was let go (I didn't even have a chance to report him) and I was told that everything would be fixed that he messed up.

So fast forward to Monday. I call and ask how my special order is doing. I'm told that it has been place and the info. was e-mailed to me. I tell them I didn't get it and we realize the he has the wrong e-mail. So he resends it. I ended up checking it on Tuesday night and can't open it. I call the dealership and neither one of my guys is there. Yesterday I call and ask them to fax them to my husband. He gets them this morning and ....you won't believe this......actually some of you knew this would happen......they had place another I want I have order with the preference option checked at the bottom again! CAN YOU BELIEVE THE GALL OF THESE PEOPLE! Maybe, just maybe, they think that this IS a special order but I don't think so.

So I call to speak to them and neither one is there. I ask for their boss, oh yeah, he's fired. OK, they transfer me to the head of three different dealerships that belong to the same group. He's gone, but the operator tells me to call the owner of all the dealerships in the afternoon.

I do. He's very nice and promises that he'll get to the bottom of this and give me a call. he says that he'll talk to the district manager of Lexus. Now I'm waiting for his response.
get one from CA and have them ship it back probably takes less time than dealing with those monkies.....

make use of the $750 off from taste of lexus would be an additional bonus...+ lexus visa has $500 if you purchase the car until Nov. that adds up to $1250!!!

just my 0.01.

Last edited by kickin8; 10-12-07 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-12-07, 04:12 PM
Recluse
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kickin8
get one from CA and have them ship it back probably takes less time than dealing with those monkies.....
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a 6MT with Nav would be just as much a special order as it is in Florida. The "standard build" sheets a dealership showed me earlier this year showed the CA 6MT setup as HID headlights + 18" wheels, and that was pretty much it in the way of options.
Old 10-12-07, 04:32 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

DropTopGirl, I know you want to hit me in the head like on those V-8 ads, but hopefully this will get done and we'll be driving soon.
Oh dear, I just feel bad for you and your hubby, being jerked around so no end.
Old 10-12-07, 04:42 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
Yeah, me too. Time for a group We are all in this together.
Old 10-12-07, 04:55 PM
Recluse
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
Really! I hope this works out for you two......it almost hurts to read your story....I can't imagine how frustrating it is to live it.

Quick Reply: And the saga continues...