IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DropTopGal Gets Buffed

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-07, 09:47 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are fulfilling your sig very very quickly! vs. myself....
Old 10-11-07, 10:43 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Looks great. I would suggest that you drop that IS a bit, the wheel and tire selection you made leaves some pretty huge gaps (4x4), you could do with a good 2 inch drop to make it look right.
Old 10-11-07, 11:08 PM
maxnix
Driver

Cool Almost, But Not Quite

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
How do you guys like my grill? No, not THAT grill, the one on my IS.

While your wax job is brilliant, the mismatched grilles are a glaring incongruity for me. Just doesn't go with the rest of the unified look.
Old 10-12-07, 04:38 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

There is great thread started for posting pictures of yourself and your car. Check it out. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...xt+to+your+car
Old 10-12-07, 06:46 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it's a very nice wax job on a brandnew car , the grill looks cheap on the IS to be honest , poor IS, pretty face with an ugly grill.
Old 10-12-07, 07:49 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

DTG - Very Nice Work on the Wash & Wax!!!
Very impressive

I'm looking into a wheel wax type product that in theory is supposed allow the brake dust to "fly" right off..
However, before I put any Rain X or etc on my wheels, I want to make sure none of them will cause any neg. long term affects to the Graphite Finish.

btw.. don't listen to everyone.. your grill looks great in my honest opinion...
Others will always have an opinion on "what I like & what I don't like".. but at the end of the day its your car & your mods.

Can you imagine what they would say if you/we didn't have the Sport Suspension??
One of the main reasons of getting the Sport Suspension was to avoid putting aftermarket springs & shocks.

Happy Modding & Great Pics once again..!!

Joe Z
Old 10-12-07, 07:56 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Can you imagine what they would say if you/we didn't have the Sport Suspension??
One of the main reasons of getting the Sport Suspension was to avoid putting aftermarket springs & shocks.
I had the same thoughts about the sport suspension, but finally decided the car was still too high and allowed too much sway in turns. With the springs, the car is now sitting nicely and feels a lot better in the twisties. I should have done the Eibach springs a long time ago.

DTG if I were to do it all over again I would have done the springs first. While you are busy with all the mods, why not add springs to your list?

Last edited by caymandive; 10-12-07 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-12-07, 08:08 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by caymandive
I had the same thoughts about the sport suspension, but finally decided the car was still too high and allowed too much sway in turns. With the springs, the car is now sitting nicely and feels a lot better in the twisties. I should have done the Eibach springs a long time ago.
Hey James..
I know exactly what your saying... The Sport Suspension does at least have a better stance then the regular suspension and is much more responsive.
Eventually, I may look into a set of sway bars, but in all honesty my car feels just as tight as my 2001 IS300 did with Hotchkis Sways..
Now of course there always is remove for improvement, but it all depends on users needs.

Sorry for off-topic ?, but its good to discuss..
Did the Eibach Springs correct the slow speed bounciness found on concrete roads with seams..??

Jz

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-12-07 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-12-07, 08:13 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Hey James..
I know exactly what your saying... The Sport Suspension does atleast have a better stance then the regular suspension and is much more responsive.
Eventually, I may look into a set of sway bars, but in all honesty my car feels just as tight as my 2001 IS300 did with Hotchkis Sways..
Now of course there always is remove for improvement, but it all depends on users needs.

Sorry for off-topic ?, but its good to discuss..
Did the Eibach Springs correct the slow speed bounciness found on concrete roads with seems..??

Jz

Yeah the Sport Suspension seems to sit fine in the rear, but the front still has a fairly big gap that the Eibach springs nicely take care of. What slow speed bounciness? I never noticed any kind of bounce with either springs on any road. With the Eibach's the car is slightly firmer and body roll reduced by what I'd guess 30%.
Old 10-12-07, 08:19 AM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

I said it lol and I have the stock sports suspension and if I put a tire/wheel combo on my Is350 that left a 4" gap (aka 4x4 look) I would drop it more. Either that or I would have chosen a combo that fills that gap better... Im just trying o be constructive here but of all the IS pictures I have seen, this one seriously needs to be dropped to look right. Front needs 2" and rear needs 1". Im not sure if its possible looking at the size of those wheels.

I think the grill looks great.
Old 10-12-07, 08:21 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe Z
well if you put some springs on the IS, yeah I can imagine they would say "damn your car doesn't look like a 4x4 monster truck anymore" "good job at getting rid of that huge gap".
Old 10-12-07, 08:33 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL Awesome title!!!
Old 10-12-07, 08:37 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

^^^ Both of you guys are too funy!!!
(y2ks2k & combfilter)

The G-Spider is an OEM 18x8 wheel with a OEM Bridgestone Turanza 225/40..

I'm going to say camera angle and driveway incline % are playing a role in her pics..
If the rear stance of the car is a tad lower than the front, the front suspension is going to lift just a bit...

It looks no different than mine does..

Old 10-12-07, 08:46 AM
oklndman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
...I then recalled from a few years ago about reading somewhere to put RainX on the rims in the same fashion as the windshield. It is supposed to keep much of the brake dust from sticking to the rims...
You can (and should) wax your rims to keep brake dust off, after which you should not use rim cleaner. I use Megs#26, it doesn't last long on rims but I don't mind.

I wouldn't use RainX, it's the same idea of spraying non-stick cooking spray on your front bumper to keep bugs off. Do it right, with the right product, and you'll have no issues.
Old 10-12-07, 08:52 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Both of you guys are too funy!!!
(y2ks2k & combfilter)

The G-Spider is an OEM 18x8 wheel with a OEM Bridgestone Turanza 225/40..

I'm going to say camera angle and driveway incline % are playing a role in her pics..
If the rear stance of the car is a tad lower than the front, the front suspension is going to lift just a bit...

It looks no different than mine does..

Yeah Joez, you look like you are setup to rally race or run over some old vw's inside an arena. Heck with that gap you might even be able to do some rock crawling. heheh Just giving you a hard time. Love your color on your new IS btw.

Hey those tips sure do look really nice in that third pic. Those magnaflow tips?

Quick Reply: DropTopGal Gets Buffed