IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

leave front plates on or should i buy some bumper plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-07, 07:47 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default leave front plates on or should i buy some bumper plugs?

just want some advice on what i should do..should i keep them on or not?. www.bumperplugs.com..........or should i leave it on like my girlfriend says...
Old 10-19-07, 07:52 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u say take it off, lol i paid to get my bumper repainted just for that. but do u have 2 small holes or 4 big ones if u take the lic. plate off. if its just the 2 small ones i say get some plugs, but no plate for sure
Old 10-19-07, 08:03 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No plates.... have the clean look
Old 10-19-07, 08:32 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Since you live in CA, I say leave it on and save yourself the risk and hassle of getting a ticket. I know how strict and picky cops here in CA gets.

Last edited by rfx45; 10-19-07 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-19-07, 08:53 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

Ya you are bound to get a ticket if you live in any highly populated area in california...dont risk the hassle of going through all the crap just over something so small...

Last edited by inxexisten; 10-20-07 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-20-07, 12:44 AM
racinghart
Pole Position

i use bumper plugs but will need some new ones soon, they chipped. i live in LA and work in the OC... so far... so good. take the risk bro
Old 10-20-07, 12:49 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I live in Cali and every since I started driving I never had a front plate on any of my cars, 10+ yrs. IS being plateless is the way to go

The front end of the IS is to sexy to have some ugly plate on it!
Old 10-20-07, 12:52 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

$10 fix it ticket isnt it? my bro had his car for 2 years with no plates at all. I'm running no plates, my friends arent running plates, as long as you dont do anything stupid or look suspicious.

why dont you just go to home depot or a local hardware store and create your own plugs for less than $2.
Old 10-20-07, 01:00 AM
racinghart
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hartawan
$10 fix it ticket isnt it? my bro had his car for 2 years with no plates at all. I'm running no plates, my friends arent running plates, as long as you dont do anything stupid or look suspicious.

why dont you just go to home depot or a local hardware store and create your own plugs for less than $2.
i agree with you and gsr. its only 10 bucks if youre caught and i mean, you drive a lexus man. you have to do the bumper plugs! keep that bad *** car cleeeeean =)

and when you do get a ticket for it, along with inxexisten, ill tell you i told you so! hahah
Old 10-20-07, 04:29 AM
trant01
Rookie

Originally Posted by weesped
u say take it off, lol i paid to get my bumper repainted just for that. but do u have 2 small holes or 4 big ones if u take the lic. plate off. if its just the 2 small ones i say get some plugs, but no plate for sure
how much did you pay to patch up those holes? i'm looking to do the same in s. cali
Old 10-20-07, 04:33 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

for what it's worth... i've been driving with no front plates for about 10 years and i've only gotten one no front plate ticket... and that was from a meter maid.
Old 10-20-07, 07:18 AM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Most of you guys are right about front end - it's nice and clean without the license plate. I just don't want to give the cops a reason to pull me over because of this. First the cops see your tints, then your loud exhaust, no license plate, lowered suspension, etc, etc,. Then go to the station for the fix it ticket(s). It a waste of my sweet and precious time. my 2 cents.
Old 10-20-07, 07:51 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

If you don't have lots of other reasons why you don't want the cops to looks at your car , then keep the plate under the seat, and go naked. I don't believe you get pulled over for just a missing front plate. You are doing something else to catch the attention of the police.

For the guy who says his bumper plugs are chipped, if you got them from Bumper Plug, they will send you a new set gratis, if you call them.

As for me, Id rather.....

Old 10-20-07, 04:04 PM
racinghart
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fantom
If you don't have lots of other reasons why you don't want the cops to looks at your car , then keep the plate under the seat, and go naked. I don't believe you get pulled over for just a missing front plate. You are doing something else to catch the attention of the police.

For the guy who says his bumper plugs are chipped, if you got them from Bumper Plug, they will send you a new set gratis, if you call them.

As for me, Id rather.....

thanks for the tip. ill call and send them the chipped ones so they can see
Old 10-20-07, 04:23 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Some cops will pull you over for not having a front plate. This happened to a friend of mine right in front of me. Having front plates is a risk you take, and having front window tints is another risk you take. Write your congressman to change the laws. Its a democracy isn't it?

Quick Reply: leave front plates on or should i buy some bumper plugs?