Old 10-21-07, 09:04 AM
kepani
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 Packages - What's What?

Looked at the FAQ up top.
Looked at the lexus.com site.
Looked at the IS350/IS250 Brochure.

From the lexus.com site, they don't list a sport package. In the brochure, they list a sport package. Then to add to the confusion, the sales person at the dealer says that the x-package is the sport package.

Bottom line, I want the sport suspension without the x-package 5-spoke wheels (I prefer the 18" 10-spoke wheels).

P.S. - New member here. I just joined the forum a few days ago...looking to get an IS350.

Thanks,
kepani
Old 10-21-07, 09:14 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

long story short, if you want extras like memory system, heated & cooled ventilated seats, you want the SP.

If you just want the suspension, you want the X
Old 10-21-07, 09:19 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Look under 'Pricing and Options' on Lexus.com. All packages, their contents, and MSRP's are shown.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

I see that 'illuminated door sill scuff plates' are included in the Sports Package now. Is this correct? If so, it is another change for 2008.
Old 10-21-07, 09:22 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

You have to put in your zip code to see what cars are available for your area. Lexus makes certain configurations for certain parts of the country, so just because they make it doesn't mean it's available in your state.

That said, x-package and sport package are not the same. The sport package also includes most of the luxury package features. Just go to the lexus.com web site, it's spelled out very clearly what packages include which features. I would follow the website's guidance over your dealer.

Also sport package or x-package is only available by special order. That means you will have to wait a few months, and choose your dealer carefully when placing a special order as a lot of dealers don't handle these very well. It is possible that you might find one somewhere in your region, so you can have your dealer search for the car you want first before going through a special order.
Old 10-21-07, 09:24 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I see that 'illuminated door sill scuff plates' are included in the Sports Package now. Is this correct? If so, it is another change for 2008.
I have the 2008 sport package, and no illuminated door scuff plates. Still the same old aluminum ones.
Old 10-21-07, 09:26 AM
kepani
Driver School Candidate

ah, nice...thanks for the link guys.

i'm learning the scarcity of the sports/x-packages...at least in southern california. the two dealerships i visited are saying these trims go really fast.
Old 10-21-07, 09:30 AM
kepani
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the input jdanon. i'm still settling the sale of another car...so the 2-3 month wait for a sport package would be welcome on my end.

i did read other threads about special orders (having to place a refundable deposit...or agreeing upon a price). have you heard of any other experiences with regards to placing a special order?
Old 10-21-07, 10:11 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

FYI if you did go with the x you'd have NO problem finding folks happy to swap wheels with you, they're fairly scarce and a lot of people like em (the x wheels)
Old 10-21-07, 10:30 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kepani
ah, nice...thanks for the link guys.

i'm learning the scarcity of the sports/x-packages...at least in southern california. the two dealerships i visited are saying these trims go really fast.
On Monday give a call to Southbay Lexus in Torrance, CA...

Speak to Gloria, the only Internet Sales Manager there.. Let her know I sent ya...

She will take extra care to your needs and will get you a Sport Package if you can wait for it...

Read my So Cal shopping stories here:

2008 IS350 ~ Sport Pkg ~ ML Nav Pkg ~ PA - Picked up!!!!

Southern CA - IS350 Car Shopping Experience(s) *South Bay Lexus was the Best!!!

Joe Z
Old 10-22-07, 04:47 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kepani
Looked at the FAQ up top.
Looked at the lexus.com site.
Looked at the IS350/IS250 Brochure.

From the lexus.com site, they don't list a sport package. In the brochure, they list a sport package. Then to add to the confusion, the sales person at the dealer says that the x-package is the sport package.

Bottom line, I want the sport suspension without the x-package 5-spoke wheels (I prefer the 18" 10-spoke wheels).

P.S. - New member here. I just joined the forum a few days ago...looking to get an IS350.

Thanks,
kepani

If the dealer tells you the "sport package is the x-package", and the website says different, go with the website, and assume the sales person doesn't know what he's saying. Challenge him--"gee, the website shows both--is it wrong?" Additionally, the dealer must have brochures--show him. Make him check.
Old 10-22-07, 06:05 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
If the dealer tells you the "sport package is the x-package", and the website says different, go with the website, and assume the sales person doesn't know what he's saying. Challenge him--"gee, the website shows both--is it wrong?" Additionally, the dealer must have brochures--show him. Make him check.
Better yet, just print off the relative pages from the web site, with MSRP's, and take them with you. But if the dealer is that clueless I'd be doing some serious challenging before I'd put in a special order.