IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

License Gone - cops like IS250

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-07, 03:54 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks man... i have a ticket myself too... not to mention that im still only 16 and i wen 17 mph over the damn limit lol... my court hearing is on 11-9-07 the day b4 my bday so i hope all goes well lol
yeah i've got a similar record, 4 months after getting my JUNIOR liscense, i got caught 61 in a 45, then 3 months later i got 84 in a 65 (highway), and now this one... for going about 7 mph and turning the wheel really hard
Old 10-25-07, 04:02 PM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

how is ur license not taken away yet?
Old 10-25-07, 04:59 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dAiLL3sT
how is ur license not taken away yet?
LOL did you read the thread title at all??? it says license gone!!!
Old 10-25-07, 06:15 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

F the ticket you messed up posting it here.....Merry Flaming!
Old 10-25-07, 07:16 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

^^ not really expecting flaming, and to anyone who does flame.. there really is no need, i've already posted about my unnecesary driving habits, and that ive accepted responsibilty and know i deserve my tickets etc. (except the donut one, i think thattt could have gone w/ just a warning) i posted this here just to say that cops seem to be fond of the car ^_-, as someone else said, a pig even stroked his baby (which should be against the law)

license never was suspended, and actually technically isnt yet.. i got one ticket 12 months ago, yes, a full year ago. I plead not guilty and have yet to recieve a court date or any followup information regarding the ticket (61 in a 45), i plead not guilty to one 9 months ago and just recieved the court date 3 days ago (thats the 84/65 one, from a different town than my first).. and this last one i will plea not guilty too and it will be probably post poned until i graduate and move out of state to florida....
anyone know anything about switching state licenses with pending tickets etc?
Old 10-25-07, 07:29 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get an radar, i got two tckets within a week when i first got my 250 and one was in a construction zone thank God no workers were present, ive only gotten 1 with my 350 well actually 2 but one was a non moving violation!
Old 10-25-07, 07:47 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

I'm not saying it's impossible in NY, but in some states I don't think an officer can give you a ticket for something you do on private property (like a parking lot, maybe). Any lawyers here?
Old 10-25-07, 07:59 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

^^ not sure either but it wasnt private property, just a completely deserted town park.. guess i should have found somewhere a little more private though, unlike this park tucked way back in the woods >_<

and i have a radar too, unfortunately both speeding tickets were p.o.p. laser, meaning my radar went BLEEEP.. as the cop got my speed... nothing out to protect against that
the highway officer was quite proud of his laser, as he so modestly boasted "ohhh your little radar thingy couldnt beat my laser gun could it?"
statetroopers are too cocky imo =p
Old 10-25-07, 08:05 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't sound like a B.S. ticket to me....it sounds like you deserve this ticket, along with the previous ones. Parking lots are private property, and believe it or not, owners of private property generally don't like people dicking around leaving rubber on the asphalt. Oh, and by the way, it's license*.
Old 10-25-07, 08:07 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

actually cops can... many parking lots have signs posted... about cops patrolling the lot and such
Old 10-25-07, 08:09 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Scythe
yeah i've got a similar record, 4 months after getting my JUNIOR liscense, i got caught 61 in a 45, then 3 months later i got 84 in a 65 (highway), and now this one... for going about 7 mph and turning the wheel really hard
I wouldn't be surprised if your license gets suspended. When the judge sees a pattern and it becomes obvious you are not learning your lesson, harsher punishments are rightfully handed down. Maybe it's time you re-evaluate your driving habits.

HINT: It has nothing to do with cops liking or hating your IS250
Old 10-25-07, 08:38 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by Ramon
I wouldn't be surprised if your license gets suspended. When the judge sees a pattern and it becomes obvious you are not learning your lesson, harsher punishments are rightfully handed down. Maybe it's time you re-evaluate your driving habits.

HINT: It has nothing to do with cops liking or hating your IS250
Im the one whose window was hit with a gun just to ask me for my license and registration and got 8 tickets wich i didnt do any of that infractions but ill have my day in court and his administrative hearing about the incident with th gun then will see whos who!

The truth its that i think it has a lot to do at least in Puerto Rico because they judge from an insecure point of view, like the dumb cop who thinks im a rich kid whos parent are going to pay for his car and tickets or a drug dealer when the truth its im a hard working bussines owner and family man who have a baby face and a car with a couple of simple cosmetic mods and he abuse of the power to feel better. maybe he got his wife in his bed with another man or got f*#/ed up at work but neither that or anything gave him the rigth to Abuse of Power.
Old 10-26-07, 12:05 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

next time do it in a crowded parking lot!

ironic thing is one of my customers is a cop. and he said, "yea, a lexus is supposed to go fast, you gotta use it!" i'm blessed.
Old 10-26-07, 05:57 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scythe
^^ not really expecting flaming, and to anyone who does flame.. there really is no need, i've already posted about my unnecesary driving habits, and that ive accepted responsibilty and know i deserve my tickets etc. (except the donut one, i think thattt could have gone w/ just a warning) i posted this here just to say that cops seem to be fond of the car ^_-, as someone else said, a pig even stroked his baby (which should be against the law)

license never was suspended, and actually technically isnt yet.. i got one ticket 12 months ago, yes, a full year ago. I plead not guilty and have yet to recieve a court date or any followup information regarding the ticket (61 in a 45), i plead not guilty to one 9 months ago and just recieved the court date 3 days ago (thats the 84/65 one, from a different town than my first).. and this last one i will plea not guilty too and it will be probably post poned until i graduate and move out of state to florida....
anyone know anything about switching state licenses with pending tickets etc?
Sorry to say, this is going to get expensive for you

Information About Driver Responsibility Assessments
What is a driver responsibility assessment?

In addition to any fines, fees, penalties, or surcharges that you pay for a traffic conviction, you must pay the driver responsibility assessment. The assessment is an amount that you must pay each year for three years. You pay the assessment to the DMV.

Who must pay a driver responsibility assessment?

You can have NYS driver responsibility assessments to pay if you have a driver license in NYS or a driver license from another state and you have driver incidents in NYS.

You must pay the driver responsibility assessment if any of the following incidents occur in NYS:

you are convicted of an alcohol-related traffic violation and the violation occurred on or after November 18, 2004 (includes boats and snowmobiles); or
you are convicted of a drug-related traffic violation and the violation occurred on or after November 18, 2004 (includes boats and snowmobiles); or
a DMV hearing determines that you refused a chemical test and the refusal occurred on or after November 18, 2004 (includes boats and snowmobiles); or
you receive six or more points on your NYS driver record during a period of 18 months and the violations occurred on or after November 18, 2004.
How do I know if I must pay the driver responsibility assessment?

If you must pay an assessment, the DMV will send a statement to you. The statement will display the information that you will need to pay the assessment.

What is the amount of the driver responsibility assessment?

The amount of a driver responsibility assessment depends on the type of violation and the total of your driver violation points.

If you are convicted of a traffic violation that is alcohol-related or drug-related, or if you refuse a chemical test, the annual assessment is $250. The minimum amount that you must pay each year is the annual assessment. The total assessment for the three years is $750.

If you receive six points on your driver record during a period of 18 months, the annual assessment is $100. The minimum amount that you must pay each year is the annual assessment. The total assessment for the three years is $300. If you receive more than six points on your driver record during a period of 18 months, the annual assessment is $25 for each point more than the original six points. The minimum amount that you must pay each year is the annual assessment. The total assessment for the three years is $75 for each point more than the original six points.

Note: You can pay the three annual assessments in the first year or the last two annual assessments in the second year. If you pay the total amount in one payment, you will not receive another annual statement for that assessment.
DMV

Last edited by oohpapi44; 10-26-07 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-26-07, 06:13 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Its not impossible to get out of tickets if you go to court.

I got out of a Speeding Ticket and Reckless driving ticket, actually they were both dropped.

If you haven't been to your state's driving school then you can probably get the ticket dropped and you'll be down to 2 again. Geeze, you insurance must be insane.

Quick Reply: License Gone - cops like IS250