IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus announces 'F-Sport' line of accessories for 2IS

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-08, 06:34 AM
charliea42
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingGimp
those who get their f-sport accessories installed by the dealer, could ya post how much you paid for installation? don't need to know which dealer, but i'd like an idea of how much it's gonna cost me to install my shizzle at the dealership.
As important as the cost would be the number of hours of labor charged per mod. That way we could translate that into a cost once we get an hourly rate from a prospective installer. It would seem for example that installing the shocks and the springs ought to almost be a "2fer" (2 for the price of 1).
Old 04-18-08, 07:56 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Is there any official word on warranty as far as "Must be purchased from a lexus dealer and must be installed by a lexus dealer" kind of thing on this stuff?
Old 04-18-08, 08:09 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Is there any official word on warranty as far as "Must be purchased from a lexus dealer and must be installed by a lexus dealer" kind of thing on this stuff?

F-Sport parts do not have to be purchased from a Lexus dealer, accessories purchased over the counter from L-Tunedparts.com or a Lexus Dealer (after sale) are covered for 12 months regardless from the date of purchase, it is a nationwide warranty.

Accessories installed at the time of retail delivery are warrantied for the same time as the new vehicle limited warranty.

Accessories installed by an authorized Lexus dealer after retail delivery are warranted for 12 months regardless of mileage, from the date of purchase of installation on a vehicle, or the remainder of any applicable new-vehicle limited warranty. whichever provides greater coverage

Last edited by SUPRATRD; 04-18-08 at 12:21 PM. Reason: additional wording needed
Old 04-18-08, 08:59 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

^^ Great Explanation Steve.. Thanks!!!

BTW - I missed you again yesterday.....
Old 04-18-08, 09:04 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by charliea42
As important as the cost would be the number of hours of labor charged per mod. That way we could translate that into a cost once we get an hourly rate from a prospective installer. It would seem for example that installing the shocks and the springs ought to almost be a "2fer" (2 for the price of 1).
I agree..

I am very certain that the Lexus installation charges will be calculated via the Textbook hours / mins to remove an/or install a particular part.. just as if it was an OEM part..

Each dealership posts its only hourly rates.. So I do not think you will see Flat installation fees from any Lexus dealers ..

Joe Z
Old 04-18-08, 09:25 AM
SUPRATRD

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Great Explanation Steve.. Thanks!!!

BTW - I missed you again yesterday.....
Hi Joe,

We should be in our new facility in 30 days, I'm running around trying to get things settled before we get in. I'll be able to catch up with you once this is done and give you the grand tour!

We have so many things planned it's unbelievable, this new facility will allow us to get to the next level for ClubLexus members.
Old 04-18-08, 10:18 AM
KingGimp
Rookie

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
F-Sport parts do not have to be purchased from a Lexus dealer, accessories purchased over the counter from L-Tunedparts.com or a Lexus Dealer (after sale) are covered for 12 months regardless from the date of purchase, it is a nationwide warranty.

Accessories installed at the time of retail delivery are warrantied for the same time as the new vehicle limited warranty.

Accessories installed by an authorized Lexus dealer after retail delivery are warranted for 12 months regardless of mileage, from the date of purchase of installation on a vehicle, or the remainder of any applicable new-vehicle limited warranty. whichever provides
So I suppose I won't be taking my F-Sport access. to the dealership to install then. I highly doubt anything would happen within that 12 months. I had previously thought that it was warrantied for the duration of the rest of the original 4 yr warranty.
Old 04-18-08, 10:39 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^^ Here it is directly from Lexus...

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories/index.html

Originally Posted by Limited Warranty

- Protecting your investment.

Lexus maintains the highest standard of excellence, even down to the smallest parts. The following is a summary of the Lexus Accessory Limited Warranty for genuine parts and accessories. Lexus warrants that it will either provide a replacement part or repair any Lexus part or accessory that is defective in material or workmanship. The applicable time period and/or mileage limitations are:

1. Accessories installed at the time of retail delivery, except car covers, are warranted for the same time as the new-vehicle limited warranty.

2. Accessories installed by an authorized Lexus dealer after retail delivery, except car covers, are warranted for 12 months, regardless of mileage, from the date of purchase or installation on a vehicle, or the remainder of any applicable new-vehicle limited warranty, whichever provides greater coverage.

3. Accessories purchased over the counter, including car covers, are covered for 12 months from the date of purchase.

Note: Refer to your Lexus parts-and-accessories limited warranty to see the complete statement of warranty coverage and conditions.
Protecting your investment.
Old 04-18-08, 11:30 AM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ So does the 12 month warranty applicable if it is not installed in an authorized Lexus dealership?

Also, I'm not sure this has been answer before but, I am thinking of getting the springs and I am considering on getting the Chassis member Brace and/or Sway bar Set along with it but they seem to do the same thing.

Is it worth having both the Chassis Member Brace and Sway Bar Set at the same time? or I can do with one of them, if so which ones?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-08, 12:19 PM
kiddolay
Rookie

okay so i ordered the part through sewell and then they have it shipped so i was trying to make an appointment with my local lexus service center and they said "because it did not go through OUR parts store, we cannot perform the installation." Has anyone have experienced this yet? How can I go about having them install it? There is no way I can go over to Texas! Do I just call up Lexus HQ and ask them their policy?
Old 04-18-08, 12:20 PM
SUPRATRD

Originally Posted by KingGimp
So I suppose I won't be taking my F-Sport access. to the dealership to install then. I highly doubt anything would happen within that 12 months. I had previously thought that it was warrantied for the duration of the rest of the original 4 yr warranty.
This would apply to you, balance of your warranty would be left.

Accessories installed by an authorized Lexus dealer after retail delivery are warranted for 12 months regardless of mileage, from the date of purchase of installation on a vehicle, or the remainder of any applicable new-vehicle limited warranty. whichever provides greater coverage
Old 04-18-08, 12:52 PM
KingGimp
Rookie

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
This would apply to you, balance of your warranty would be left.

k gotcha. misunderstood.
but does anyone know if the labor rates for dealerships are set in stone? i mean, would they even discount labor rates at all?
Old 04-18-08, 03:14 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Speaking as a Lexus dealer, a non-Lexus dealership cannot submit a warranty claim for Lexus parts and/or labor. Any warranty for parts not purchased through Lexus must be returned to the original suppliers, and the supplier can warranty the parts through their dealership/manufacturer. The issue is not warranty for parts; the issue is proof of purchase. Lexus cannot concede to a warranty concern with proof of purchase from a non-Lexus dealership.

In layman’s terms, a Lexus part purchased through a non-Lexus dealer can only be warrantied through said non-Lexus dealer.

Darrel Diller

Last edited by Sewell; 04-18-08 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-18-08, 03:31 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
Speaking as a Lexus dealer, a non-Lexus dealership cannot submit a warranty claim for Lexus parts and/or labor. Any warranty for parts not purchased through Lexus must be returned to the original suppliers, and the supplier can warranty the parts through their dealership/manufacturer. The issue is not warranty for parts; the issue is proof of purchase. Lexus cannot concede to a warranty concern with proof of purchase from a non-Lexus dealership.

In layman’s terms, a Lexus part purchased through a non-Lexus dealer can only be warrantied through said non-Lexus dealer.

Darrel Diller
With that being said, does that mean if i need to warranty the all weather mats would i need to contact you guys or would a dealer in the bay area be able to help me as well, as long as i have the original receipt and is within 12 months?
Old 04-18-08, 03:52 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
With that being said, does that mean if i need to warranty the all weather mats would i need to contact you guys or would a dealer in the bay area be able to help me as well, as long as i have the original receipt and is within 12 months?
If a Lexus owner has a Lexus part or accessory, any Lexus dealer (223 Nationwide) can provide you with warranty services. Be mindful, proof of purchase from a Lexus dealer would be required as the 12-month warranty term is of concern as well as the source to where the part or accessory was purchased.

This warranty information can be confirmed through Lexus Customer Satisfaction hotline at 800.25.LEXUS.

Darrel Diller

Quick Reply: Lexus announces 'F-Sport' line of accessories for 2IS