Lexus announces 'F-Sport' line of accessories for 2IS

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-08, 09:18 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Oakley IS
anyone know the offset on the f sport wheels compared to OEM?

looks a little more flush doesnt it?

thanks.
F-Sport 19" wheels

Front = 19x8 with 40mm offset
Rear = 19x9 with 40mm offset

OEM 18" wheels (06-08)

Front = 18x8 with 45mm offset
Rear = 18x8.5 with 50mm offset
Old 05-13-08, 01:49 PM
Oakley IS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks mate!
Old 05-15-08, 11:56 AM
ism-skzm
Driver School Candidate

Default f sport spring only feedback

now that springs are in and alignment done....

had in for about three weeks or so, looks awesome. feels very similar to the previous stock spring feel though. I would concur with more of an aesthetic change than a performance one.

Did just order rear sway bar, that should help higher speed cornering!
Old 05-17-08, 04:07 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Default Installed F-Sport Quick Shifter and Rear Chassis Brace

I had the F-Sport quick shifter and the rear chassis brace installed by Ryan (RTIS250) @ Magnussen's this past week. He did a fantastic and really quick job with them both, especially since he said it was the first time they've ever installed the quick shifter on a car; they don't get many IS250Ms into the shop!

Purchase
I bought the quick shifter from Sewell since it was the cheapest place. Since Magnussen's matches the price, I got the brace from them since the tax was cheaper than the shipping cost from Sewell.

Quick Shifter
I've only had it for a week, but it's much, much shorter than before. I'd have to say that the travel is about half of what it used to be. It's stiffer than before, but I'm guessing from what others have said, it should loosen up after a few weeks. If you own an IS250M, this is definitely worth the price. It will change how you drive and your perception of the car. No more sloppy gearbox!!!

Rear Chassis Brace
I'd have to say that the rear chassis brace is much nicer looking that the old one! The old brace is three pieces of metal that are bolted together. The F-Sport brace is a single piece and it's made of better materials so it has increased rigidity. I haven't really tested it out on faster, harder turns, but I do have to say that the backend of the car seems much more stable than before.

Next will most likely be the sway bars and the intake... after I save up some money!
Old 05-18-08, 12:20 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

intake and coil over looks very tempting... like what llamboiz said, what about our warranty? are they still going to be covered?
Old 05-18-08, 01:09 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeho
Rear Chassis Brace
I'd have to say that the rear chassis brace is much nicer looking that the old one! The old brace is three pieces of metal that are bolted together. The F-Sport brace is a single piece and it's made of better materials so it has increased rigidity. I haven't really tested it out on faster, harder turns, but I do have to say that the backend of the car seems much more stable than before.
Wait so the rear chassis brace replaces a stock one? I always thought it was an addon Okay so which one is heavier? If they're about the same then I might consider the upgraded brace.
Old 05-19-08, 09:32 AM
chuckler
Driver

yeah, is the brace the same or lighter?

also please keep us inform if you do decide to get the sway bars..i've been thinking about them to see if it really makes a difference but I drive in the city alotta so i rather not sacrifice the ride and risk damaging my sway bars as well when i hit potholes.
Old 05-19-08, 10:11 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chuckler
yeah, is the brace the same or lighter?

also please keep us inform if you do decide to get the sway bars..i've been thinking about them to see if it really makes a difference but I drive in the city alotta so i rather not sacrifice the ride and risk damaging my sway bars as well when i hit potholes.
I installed the sways with stock suspension first. They help at speed and aggressive cornering not around town but they do work and work really good to keep the car flat. There's a tiny bit more road feel at low speeds due to the urathane bushings though but not much difference. I don't think you'll damage the sway bars just because you drive around the city a lot. After the sway's I wanted more so I did the F shocks and springs as well. Now the car feels perfect. If you want something that isn't lower but feels better maybe you can get the F shocks keep the stock springs and get the sways.
Old 05-19-08, 12:44 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ba-b4
Wait so the rear chassis brace replaces a stock one? I always thought it was an addon Okay so which one is heavier? If they're about the same then I might consider the upgraded brace.
Mmmm... I think Ryan would be the best to answer that one, since he handled both braces (I never touched the new brace, just the old one as I put it in my trunk), but I would think they are about the same. I think the F-Sport one looks much cooler, for what it's worth! The stock brace is some pretty chunky, ugly metal.
Old 05-19-08, 01:23 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Mmmm... I think Ryan would be the best to answer that one, since he handled both braces (I never touched the new brace, just the old one as I put it in my trunk), but I would think they are about the same. I think the F-Sport one looks much cooler, for what it's worth! The stock brace is some pretty chunky, ugly metal.
Cool so if it's actually a replacement part I doubt it'll be any heavier than stock. I didn't want to get a brace before because I didn't think it'll make much if any handling improvements while making the car heavier. Now that I know that it won't make the car heavier I might consider it later on. One thing's for sure though although my car wont be heavier my wallet sure will be lighter... heheh
Old 05-26-08, 01:05 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went under the awd when I did the spring install, the car already came with stock front and rear brace and rear sway, so what you buy just replaces those. Pretty cool how our car already have all those things people upgrade for.
Old 05-26-08, 01:15 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Just bought the brace off of Ryan this weekend. I held the stock brace at the shop and it's around 10 lbs I think and pretty flimsy. the F brace is like 20 lbs so you'll be 10lbs heavier probably but mehhh whatever not significant really. Hopefully I can feel some kind of improvment when I install it. I already have full f sport suspension including so it's already pretty tight.
Old 05-28-08, 06:00 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

After hearing the good comments about the rear brace and sway bar set, I got them installed by my local dealership and picked the car today.

Though it is Day 1 after the install,I can feel the difference and agree to what others have said before. The rear end is more stable, the car has less understeer. I also notice during a simple 90 degree turn, the car turns smoother. The only thing that I haven't noticed yet is the difference in ride quality when hitting a pothole..
Old 06-17-08, 11:37 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Default Sway bars and chassis brace pictures

I know that people have seen the pictures on the f-sport website and the official promotional pictures, but I wanted to put pictures of what they look like on the car. I couldn't really get the back sway; it's hard to reach. I saw the front sway while changing my oil today.

Front Sway Bar

Rear Chassis Brace

Old 07-09-08, 07:08 AM
Gr8Dane
Rookie

What ever happened to the F-sport exhaust tips!
Attached Thumbnails Lexus announces 'F-Sport' line of accessories for 2IS-07semaisfparts6kl3.jpg  

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 07-18-08 at 09:05 AM. Reason: pic added

Quick Reply: Lexus announces 'F-Sport' line of accessories for 2IS