Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea what did happen
Old 07-24-08, 09:52 PM
YemYam
Driver School Candidate

Default F-Sport Modded IS 350

Just posted crappy pics of my 350, got all of the F-Sport mods installed except the engine cover and brakes. I will take pics with a real camera asap!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=369370
Old 07-28-08, 06:54 PM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

Anyone know what the status is on the F-Sport exhaust tips? I know the only other real bolt on option right now is the S2K tips.

I know alot of people are saying to just get an exhaust, but I like not having a loud exhaust so I just want new tips....
Old 09-18-08, 02:53 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I know it says AWD only, but is it correct that the AWD rear sway bar will not fit the RWD???? (ie- if you only wanted the rear sway bar)
can anybody answer this? I want to buy sways and don't think the IS250 RWD really needs a front sway...
Old 09-18-08, 05:41 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kayotik
can anybody answer this? I want to buy sways and don't think the IS250 RWD really needs a front sway...
Geesh, that's an old post

FWIW, I ended up just getting the complete set, and couldn't be happier. I thought about getting just the rear, but in the end figured that the front/rear F-sport would be better matched and worth the extra little to just do it right.

Perhaps lexus is just doing it to get more money, but there's gotta be a reason that they upgrade the front with the rear on the RWD.
Old 09-18-08, 05:46 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Geesh, that's an old post

FWIW, I ended up just getting the complete set, and couldn't be happier. I thought about getting just the rear, but in the end figured that the front/rear F-sport would be better matched and worth the extra little to just do it right.

Perhaps lexus is just doing it to get more money, but there's gotta be a reason that they upgrade the front with the rear on the RWD.
ahah, yeah its old but nobody ever answered your post. I think the rear sway alone will make a big difference in the handling dynamics of the car.
Old 09-19-08, 08:50 AM
mikeho
Lead Lap

ahah, yeah its old but nobody ever answered your post. I think the rear sway alone will make a big difference in the handling dynamics of the car.
Actually, the RWD is better off with the front sway bar. The reason why the AWD doesn't have a front sway upgrade has less to do with the fact that there's less room at the front wheels, but more to do with the AWD system.

The larger front sway bar is used to reduce the body roll. This means that you will have more control because it will keep the inside tire in contact with the ground. You might get a little bit more understeer, depending on how you drive, but I think the front sway has more of an impact on the driving performance.

As a note, having the sways *will* make the car stiffer. I've noticed that some parts of my car have started to rattle as a result of the sways (something inside the driver side vent won't stop rattling!). I recommend that you get this installed while warranty is in effect so you can fix all these problems. I'm out of warranty and I don't know if it's covered by the 12 month warranty on the bars since it is a direct correlation.
Old 09-19-08, 09:01 AM
Dodge2Dub
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikeho
Actually, the RWD is better off with the front sway bar. The reason why the AWD doesn't have a front sway upgrade has less to do with the fact that there's less room at the front wheels, but more to do with the AWD system.

The larger front sway bar is used to reduce the body roll. This means that you will have more control because it will keep the inside tire in contact with the ground. You might get a little bit more understeer, depending on how you drive, but I think the front sway has more of an impact on the driving performance.

As a note, having the sways *will* make the car stiffer. I've noticed that some parts of my car have started to rattle as a result of the sways (something inside the driver side vent won't stop rattling!). I recommend that you get this installed while warranty is in effect so you can fix all these problems. I'm out of warranty and I don't know if it's covered by the 12 month warranty on the bars since it is a direct correlation.
I'd suggest trying the rear sway first and see if it gives you the type of handling that you are looking for from the upgrade. The car already understeers, so I would be hesitant in putting a front sway on unless the upgraded rear sway is quite a bit larger than the stock rear sway. Of course on the other hand, some sways are built to be run together (front and rear) as was the case with the Hotchkiss sways that I put on my S4 (front = 35mm, rear = 29mm)
Old 09-19-08, 09:06 AM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub
I'd suggest trying the rear sway first and see if it gives you the type of handling that you are looking for from the upgrade. The car already understeers, so I would be hesitant in putting a front sway on unless the upgraded rear sway is quite a bit larger than the stock rear sway.
This is my initial reasoning.

Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub
Of course on the other hand, some sways are built to be run together (front and rear) as was the case with the Hotchkiss sways that I put on my S4 (front = 35mm, rear = 29mm)
I thought of this as well.

I actually like how my car drives currently with just H&R's and the stock 18's. It has a little over 1000 miles, so I can't even consider it fully broken in. I am still learning the limits of this car, so when i hit that limit, I will decide for sways at that time.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-19-08, 09:20 AM
Dodge2Dub
Rookie

This is my initial reasoning.

I thought of this as well.

I actually like how my car drives currently with just H&R's and the stock 18's. It has a little over 1000 miles, so I can't even consider it fully broken in. I am still learning the limits of this car, so when i hit that limit, I will decide for sways at that time.

Thanks guys!
You and others who live in the LA area are welcome to feel my S. It's kind of an apple/oranges comparo, but it will give you some idea of the ride quality (no noticeable difference).
Old 09-19-08, 09:26 AM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Thanks for the kind offer!

I had TRD Yellow Race sways on my IS300, so I am readily familiar with what sways do to a car. But still, comparing the 1st to 2nd gen is kind of like apples/oranges as well. I'm in no hurry to upgrade, so I will wait it out and see if anyone installs just the rear.
Old 10-21-08, 04:06 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so there is one air intake that works for both IS250 and IS350 right? if yes, it will also work with my 2nd Gen IS300?
Old 11-01-08, 09:33 AM
KeNGs
Driver School Candidate

I wanna know ,does the IS-F bodyparts such as front bumper ,rear bumper fit on IS250 model....If I wanna make IS250 exterior to be IS-F look how much I need to pay? Thanks.
Old 11-30-08, 07:21 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

did anyone getting the intake have the bag for the filter already opened? as in sliced open. or was it sealed?
Old 11-30-08, 10:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by KeNGs
I wanna know ,does the IS-F bodyparts such as front bumper ,rear bumper fit on IS250 model....If I wanna make IS250 exterior to be IS-F look how much I need to pay? Thanks.
1. You don't want to ever ever ever ever make your 250 "look" like an IS-F. THat is blasphemy.

2. I don't think they will fit directly.

Quick Reply: Lexus announces 'F-Sport' line of accessories for 2IS