IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking for IS350 in the DFW area...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-07, 01:24 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leotno
I dont know what dealership to go to.. my sister bought her RX at Plano and i know them because i always go there BUT the one in dallas is closer. I also like Plano because its bigger..
The one in Plano is also nicer... with the Gelato/Cafe, putting range, plasma tvs and such. Of course none of that has anything to do with how they sell/service your car.

My family has bought 3 cars from that dealer and no complaints. Anytime there is an issue, they do their best to fix it in a timely manner. If it's something they screwed up, they are quick to give out a free detail (if you mention your issue when they call to follow up on service).
Old 11-16-07, 02:39 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

putting range?! where?!
Old 11-16-07, 11:38 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

putting range?! where?!
Right in front (outside). There is usually a car on display just in front of it (see below).

Old 11-16-07, 11:51 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

haha, i thought that was just a patch of grass..... i also never seen the cafe. But im always by the free drinks, im going tomorrow and i have to check all this stuff out
Old 11-17-07, 06:51 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

ok, so i went to the dealership today and it did not go as well as i thought it would. No one would help me because no one took me serious, i was there alone. So i went to the lot and looked at the used cars, there was 6 2IS only 3 were is350's and if i remember correctly there was one with navi black on black(the one i want) that was priced at 40k!. Then there was a red one and a grey one both with non navi. i didnt look a the prices, but overall, they have 6.
Old 11-17-07, 07:18 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Goes back to what I said in my first post. You're really better off purchasing the IS350 new with your options and waiting for it. Yes, the anxiety will make you practically gittery but the long wait will pay off once it arrives. The IS350 are not very easy to come by. Those of you who were able to purchase one off a dealer on a cancelled order are extremely fortunate. At any given time we have over 30 different special ordered cars and most of them are IS350s.

-Joe
Old 11-17-07, 11:30 PM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

So should i be all over this deal of 3000 off msrp?
Old 11-17-07, 11:58 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

i just read your first post agian and found out we are looking for the exact same thing, almost. I want the same things as you but i want it black on black and i dont care what year. Did u find one with Lux package in the area?
Old 11-18-07, 12:46 AM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

nope, according to my salesman, luxury package is not being shipped for our region. You'd have to special order it. I'm getting offered a premium package/nav in smoky granite mica for 3000 off msrp. According to what most have said, I think that's a decent deal. Let me know if you want the same deal, I'll give you the name of my salesman, he'll hook you up.
Old 11-18-07, 12:54 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

that sucks, once when i wasnt so serious about buying a IS. i went one the site and putted my zip code and i swear it gave me a list of every package. kinda threw me off. but do u know if the sports package is offered here? Also, which dealership is this agian? The one in grapevine right?
Old 11-18-07, 01:02 AM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

For the sports package, i think you'd have to ask them to special order it as well. Not being shipped here. This is the dealership in Grapevine, I just bought an es350 for my dad in August, maybe this is why I'm getting this 3000 off msrp on this car. I know my salesman said there is a tungsten pearl and smoky granite mica coming in with premium/nav. I was also looking for black but I don't know if they have any coming in. I'm going on Monday to the dealership to talk to them. One thing to keep in mind, if you make a purchase before the 21st of November, you get 500 dollars credit if you open a lexus credit card to use on purchases on accessories at the dealership.
Old 11-18-07, 01:08 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Yeah, i was going to get mine at the Plano dealership.
1)We bought a RX400h there least year so we might be able to get more off for my car
2)My sister takes her car there to get serviced and since i dont get out of school in time to beat rush hour i can get her to take my car.
3)i saw the mini mini mini putting course they had and thought it was so funny. i could use a laugh everytime i go

Maybe after the 21st, the December to remember sales event starts. i Really want to wait for that sales event. I can feel it coming soon, because today at the dealership i saw santa!
Old 11-18-07, 02:19 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

i just read your first post agian and found out we are looking for the exact same thing, almost. I want the same things as you but i want it black on black and i dont care what year. Did u find one with Lux package in the area?
I'm not getting the Lux pack. I'm getting the sport pack. I don't care for the woodgrain or the rear retractable shade but I do want the sport suspension. These are the differences between the sport pack and the lux pack. The X-pack is a stripped down sport pack with a front GFX and X-pack wheels. A premium pack is just heat vent seats and wood grain which come on the Lux pack. BTW, I've only seen 2 ISx50 in person with radar cruise and pre-collision system. I drove one and I was sold on it. Of course if the car is ever involved in a crash someone will be responsible for the $4k radar sensor behind the grille.

Unfortunately, none of the dealers in the area are placing allocation orders for the Lux or sport packs. I've also only seem 2 IS350 X-packs but I've seen over 25 IS250 X-packs (both gearboxe and transmission equipped models) so I must say the IS350 X-packs are also special ordered. If you add stuff up on an IS350 with all options you will hit the $50k mark and even cross it. Mine is around $48k and I do plan on owning this vehicle so I'll pay it off by the time the factory warranty has expired. Until then, waiting for the car really sucks since I get to drive everyone elses cars that come in for servicing and *sigh* after I'm thru with their car.
Old 11-18-07, 02:24 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

What is the rear retractable shade,iv never seen it. Also, i like the wood grain.
Old 11-19-07, 09:40 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

So, i got a call from the internet sales manager in plano this morning and they have a 08 Black on Black with Navi and Mark Levingston IN STOCK right now...... and i have to drive my mom to euless so im gonna make a little detour. i emailed the guy and said it HAS TO BE BLACK ON BLACK WITH NAVI AND LUX OR SPORTS PACKAGE and ML was optional. I dont know what kind of package it has so i guess i have to go up there and see. I just really hope it has the wood grain interior AT LEAST, if theres no package.

Quick Reply: Looking for IS350 in the DFW area...