IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Disabling Traction on 2006 IS350

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-07, 08:05 PM
dblockjr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disabling Traction on 2006 IS350

I just purchased a 2006 IS 350 Sport package with 20k on it. Read some threads on here how to disable the traction control by starting the car with the ebrake on and tapping the brake twice...etc, etc. I have tried and tried and cannot get it to work. Anymore info on how to do this would be great!
Old 10-30-07, 09:25 PM
truoutkast
Pole Position

u drift-master u... just be careful...cuz iit's an is350...i wish i have that hahaha
Old 10-30-07, 10:03 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Keep on trying... at first it took me three times to get it right...now it's a piece of cake...
Old 10-30-07, 11:40 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

(Only Start Ignition with parking brake already engaged,)
-Press down brake, and push start button then...
-Pump brake 2x's and let off...
-Using left foot, press the parking brake down fully 2x's ending with it engaged & finally..
-Pump the brake another 2x's and you will see a traction light come on at the bottem right hand side of your dash.

Hope this helps. Definitely more fun driving with it off, just be careful!
Old 10-31-07, 08:07 AM
dblockjr
Driver

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
-Using left foot, press the parking brake down fully 2x's ending with it engaged & finally..
-Pump the brake another 2x's and you will see a traction light come on at the bottem right hand side of your dash.

After you start the car with the ebrake engaged do you disengage it before pumping the brake twice? Also, is there any time between brake pumps, or changes between ebrake and brake?
Old 10-31-07, 08:12 PM
TLP_IS350
Pole Position

ive always been confused on how to disable it too kinda sux when someone tells me to do a burnout and all they get is a chirp from a car that has 300+HP
Old 10-31-07, 11:10 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dblockjr
After you start the car with the ebrake engaged do you disengage it before pumping the brake twice? Also, is there any time between brake pumps, or changes between ebrake and brake?
No don't disengage the ebrake before pumping the brake twice... leave it engaged.... Don't do it too fast take your time but also don't wait too long.. I usually give it 1 second between pumps... hope this helps..
Old 11-01-07, 01:01 AM
BUST
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS

I've seen this technique before on a Japanese video posted here in CL, I can't find the link. But what I do is put the car in Neutral position then press and hold the Traction button for about 6 seconds till the "Skid" icon appears and "VSC OFF" should come up soon after. Your good to go!

Last edited by BUST; 11-01-07 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-01-07, 04:13 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUST
I've seen this technique before on a Japanese video posted here in CL, I can't find the link. But what I do is put the car in Neutral position then press and hold the Traction button for about 6 seconds till the "Skid" icon appears and "VSC OFF" should come up soon after. Your good to go!
That's only good for the 07s though.
Old 11-01-07, 04:49 AM
BUST
Pole Position

Whoops, sorry. Didn't know that. I do now.. thanks
Old 11-01-07, 05:21 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Np, I didn't know that before either. Gotta love CL!
Old 11-01-07, 10:11 AM
Scythe
Lead Lap

this is it for the 06', and it works on my is250awd everytime i try

okay

Turn the engine on with the E brake all the way down (engaged). After the engine starts, release your foot off the brake pedal (because you have to press the brake to start the engine)

so now, your engine is on, ebrake is down, and your feet are ready to press the code

Press the brake down, then release, then down, then relesae, then down and holdddd.. while holding

release the ebrake - Engage the ebrake and release, Engage the ebrake and release, then Re engage the ebrake

Take your right foot off of the regular brake, then press it down again, then relase again, then press it down again, your traction should light up

BE CAREFUL
Old 11-01-07, 04:11 PM
Sgt_K
Driver

Wow, all that just to turn off the traction control, I like my 250, I just hold down the button for five seconds and its off.
Old 11-01-07, 04:39 PM
dblockjr
Driver

Originally Posted by Tony59blue
No don't disengage the ebrake before pumping the brake twice... leave it engaged.... Don't do it too fast take your time but also don't wait too long.. I usually give it 1 second between pumps... hope this helps..
Finally got it!! I needed to keep the brake pressed until all the security lights went out then start the process. Thanks guys!!
Old 11-01-07, 05:09 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TLP_IS350
ive always been confused on how to disable it too kinda sux when someone tells me to do a burnout and all they get is a chirp from a car that has 300+HP
Simply turning off traction control will allow a burnout. If your car is getting traction and taking off quickly, that's a GOOD thing. It means you have great tires. My car will barely break traction with the stop Dunlops after 6k miles, and I put that in the plus column.

If you're convinced that you need to waste rubber, brake torque. It's easy to do with this car, although I don't condone stupidity with any car.

Quick Reply: Disabling Traction on 2006 IS350