IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Uh, not that anything is wrong... but if the dealer hits your car while in service

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07, 09:01 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uh, not that anything is wrong... but if the dealer hits your car while in service

What are the normal outcomes? I did a search.... but couldnt find anything. Are people usually able to get more than just the repair done?

I cant really say much else right now

can anyone find links to past experiences?
Old 10-31-07, 09:16 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What more do you want? Pain and suffering? There have been examples of cars getting buggered up at the dealer's shop. Lots of people jump up and down and demand a new car, diminished value, etc. But usually they just get the car repaired and move on. So what's the story here??
Old 10-31-07, 09:25 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about this one?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=299691

Dealer accidentally crashed my car.
Old 10-31-07, 09:29 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Duuuude, that sucks!!!! Your first car was hit in the parking lot at work, and now your 2nd car is hit in the dealer.
Old 10-31-07, 09:46 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
Duuuude, that sucks!!!! Your first car was hit in the parking lot at work, and now your 2nd car is hit in the dealer.
Yeah, its tough times for me and Lexus. Unbelievable that i cannot have 1 year... 1 year without an accident.

I am not looking for $$$ or a =replacement car. I am jsut wondering if people get concessions of some sort. IE... Parts... service... etc.

I also want them to agree to sell me another car at invoice price, if I am unsatisfied with the repair.
Old 10-31-07, 10:02 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

It (the circumstances of the dealer damaging your car) would seem to make for an easier claim because they had possession and control of the vehicle at the time of the incident and the fact of the standard of care to which dealers are held under such circumstances, but would not result in added dollars to the claim.
Old 10-31-07, 10:17 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Yeah, its tough times for me and Lexus. Unbelievable that i cannot have 1 year... 1 year without an accident.

I am not looking for $$$ or a =replacement car. I am jsut wondering if people get concessions of some sort. IE... Parts... service... etc.

I also want them to agree to sell me another car at invoice price, if I am unsatisfied with the repair.
If they did it, they should take care of it. Maybe they'll give you a car from their loaner fleet, rather than a Dodge Neon rental, while it's being fixed. Maybe some complimentary service if you play up you will take it to a different Lex Dlr in the future?
Old 10-31-07, 10:19 AM
IS-MIKE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're over the first hurdle right? The dealer admitted that it was all their fault, now its up to them to make good and treat you fairly.

A couple years ago a coworker had his car totaled by the mechanic during dealer service. I think he used to have a 2003 Audi S8 that he had bought new, the mechanic was having too much fun with it on the test drive and rolled it. The dealer replaced it with what was the current model, a new 2005 Audi S8. A good result in the end for my coworker, he was happy.
Old 10-31-07, 04:46 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My dealer recently curbed my wheels during a car wash, still contemplating on what to do.
Old 10-31-07, 07:50 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by litesoarer
My dealer recently curbed my wheels during a car wash, still contemplating on what to do.

i had the same problem... the dealer curbed my front right rim didnt notice it till i got home. went back to the dealer couple of days later and they said "why did u want soo long to bring it back"(well ****er i didnt have any time) and basically told me to **** off and that they will give me a special price to fix it.
Old 10-31-07, 08:34 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

That's not bad guys... 1000 mile check and personalization of options etc. After the wash, the guy backs out of the garage but left the RR door open and it hits a concrete pillar. Door is bent backwards and frame is bent just a touch. I was livid. They fixed it in about 2 weeks or so, got a new door... but the door gaps were definitely different between right and left. I argued a couple of minutes with a manager and got 2 free oil changes out of it. I was hoping free service for 3 years. At least the rental was another lexus. The ONLY reason I didn't argue more was because it was a lease vehicle.
Old 11-01-07, 01:21 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Well, just got back from the dealer.

Had to argue w/the service manager but he finally agreed to fix it out of their own pocket.
Old 11-01-07, 01:55 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Had to argue w/the service manager but he finally agreed to fix it out of their own pocket.
Thats cool. I got the dealer to work with me somewhat.... but I need to go back and get things in writing.

Jeez, this is terrible. They are going through their insurance.... so its going to be another week. So now a service that was supposed to take 4-5 days.... is now taking a month. And now my mint condition vehicle is... no longer mint.
Old 11-01-07, 02:36 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

3 words: LS 460 Loaner.
Old 11-01-07, 09:02 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Pfft....I wish.

I will ask for a loaner though.

Quick Reply: Uh, not that anything is wrong... but if the dealer hits your car while in service