IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

dashboard rattle tsib - didnt quite work

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-07 | 09:59 AM
ajmtbm
Pole Position

Default dashboard rattle tsib - didnt quite work

had the tsib done. now the rattle is gone but another one is there, almost like a clicking sounds like its coming from the base of the windshield. is it possible they did the tsib wrong? or should i accept the fact that it will rattle forever? i hate to think of them tearing thedash apart again.

i was thinking of going to a different dealer to have it looked at again (the dealer i went to is where i bought the vehicles and had the 1st 2 servcies done there and i wasnt a big fan)
Old 11-09-07 | 11:53 AM
chums
Lead Lap

does the clicking sound occur when youre goin on rough roads or does it happen occassionally?

i talked with a service advisor today who said they just had a meeting about rattling issues in 2is models. apparently there are a lack of clips used in the dash and other surrounding areas, so all they do is add more clips to fix the noises.

my rattling just started this morning (600 miles on the car) and sounds like its coming from somewhere around the instrument panel/dashboard whenever i go over rough roads. the advisor said to just bring it in and itll get taken care of, 4-5 hour process, so if i were you id do it again.

*edit* if you dont like your dealerships service go to another one nearby or just request a different advisor. what happened there to turn you away?
Old 11-09-07 | 11:56 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chums
does the clicking sound occur when youre goin on rough roads or does it happen occassionally?

i talked with a service advisor today who said they just had a meeting about rattling issues in 2is models. apparently there are a lack of clips used in the dash and other surrounding areas, so all they do is add more clips to fix the noises.

my rattling just started this morning (600 miles on the car) and sounds like its coming from somewhere around the instrument panel/dashboard whenever i go over rough roads. the advisor said to just bring it in and itll get taken care of, 4-5 hour process, so if i were you id do it again.

*edit* if you dont like your dealerships service go to another one nearby or just request a different advisor. what happened there to turn you away?

That's the exact problem I have--sounds like a crackling noise. I'm 900 miles from my 5000 mi service, so I plan to have them look at it next month.
Old 11-09-07 | 12:15 PM
06i
Driver

ya, they didn't fix mine either... if anything, it's even worse...
Old 11-09-07 | 01:01 PM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Does anyone actually have the TSB file?
Old 11-09-07 | 02:01 PM
chums
Lead Lap

theres a tsib acknowledging the noise coming from the windshield. it may be two stoppers or retainers at either the top or bottom of the windshield. the tsib was released in 06. you could look it up on google or just talk to your service advisor, they should know what youre talking about since it applies to 06-07 is vehicles. dunno bout 08s, but prob?
Old 11-09-07 | 02:25 PM
marlu
Driver

Windshield tick noice see post #25 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=marlu&page=2
Old 11-09-07 | 02:32 PM
totalstu
Pole Position

I had dash noises and tried 5 attempts at the dealer to fix it. They padded the drivers and passenger vents, didn't help. They padded the centre vents, didn't work. Tried something else but can't remember what it was, didn't work. Took apart dash and padded different areas, didn't work. Finally, visit 5 and they ordered new middle vents. That seemed to have fixed it. We wont' know for sure until the weather gets warmer. Unfortunately that won't be for a while. Over the summer the noise was brutal.
Old 11-09-07 | 06:39 PM
ajmtbm
Pole Position

happens whenever on any road indentation. so basically ticks all the time.

dealer problem started when i bought the car. problem with pricing. i spent $40k out of a car and they tried to screw me out of $150. matter of principle on this one.

then got a flat tire. called lexus service. got flat changed then called dealer to come pick up the tire to fix it. no can do they said (when we bought the car they said they would pick up the car for a n y t h i n g no matter how minor). i called and called to talk to service manager got ignored.

wrote a letter to corporate the dealer then reimbursed the tire for me (it couldnt be fixed i had bought another elsewhere), then also got free 10k service

brought it in for 10k service got dash tsb done still rattles. took them 4 days, bottom part of dash dirty when i picked it up. asked them to do rear view mirror tsb they didnt find a problem so they didnt touch it (nor did i find out they didnt do it before i picked it up). asked them to drill 2 holes to license plate to stop it form rattling they bent the hell out of the plate and lexus frame to make it quieter. the did the brake tsb right but did an awful job cleaning the rims (got about 70% of the brake dust off)

i wouldnt have gone back there for the 10k but it was free.
Old 11-10-07 | 02:38 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

I've got windshield rattle that got a little better after the TSB but not by much. But now I have a much LOUDER rattle sounds like its coming from behind the passenger airbag... And it only occurs at idle.
Old 11-10-07 | 03:07 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Could someone who has the destiny in them to fix the rattles, please do so, even if you have to rip apart the car (sorry to say) and do a write up about it once and for all. My rattles are to do with the seats and the area of the passenger side air vents. I cannot seem to remove the circular air vents to finish off the insulation which i 100% believe somewhere in there causes the 'buzzing/rattling' nice.
Old 11-29-07 | 01:24 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

The instrument panel TSIB NV003-06 states that it only applies to '06 models. Has anyone with an '07 had this done??
Old 11-29-07 | 01:45 PM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Can the car be considered a lemon for a rattle like this if it was taken to the dealer more than 3 times and were unable to resolve the issue???
Old 11-29-07 | 02:09 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jasonviper
Can the car be considered a lemon for a rattle like this if it was taken to the dealer more than 3 times and were unable to resolve the issue???
That would be one helluva lemon law, if so. No way!
Old 11-29-07 | 02:21 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
The instrument panel TSIB NV003-06 states that it only applies to '06 models. Has anyone with an '07 had this done??
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321121

Quick Reply: dashboard rattle tsib - didnt quite work