IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Taste of Lexus Coupon-How long/when expires

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-07, 05:27 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taste of Lexus Coupon-How long/when expires

We got our Taste of Lexus coupon for $750 off of a new Lexus in the mail today. We attended the October 20th one in Miami.

I thought people might want to know how long it takes to get one after going to the event. One other note, the expiration is 2/1/08. I know others have talked about it expiring at the end of December.

Now we can't wait to use it. We were told that our car was coming in December. We have a confirmation number, and tomorrow I'm going to call and see if they have more information.
Old 11-09-07, 05:49 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn WTF, I cant beleive u got a coupon for $750 off of a new Lexus.. Oh well
Old 11-09-07, 06:30 PM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

if anyone has an extra one they arent going to use, please let me know. Im in the market for a new IS350!
Old 11-09-07, 06:41 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

I have to hand out a big thanks to the people on this board for calling my attention to the event. We had to drive across the state to it, but we had a nice day and will save more than the gas we spent.

It has our name and address on the front of it. On the back, it says, "Valid for the person named above who purchases or leases a Lexus vehicle at a participating Lexus dealer." It also say that, "This certificate is transferable within a customer's immediate family (spouse or children) residing at the same address.

505shp EH2, maybe one of the nice people on this site will adopt you! Any takers?
Old 11-09-07, 06:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 505whp EH2
if anyone has an extra one they arent going to use, please let me know. Im in the market for a new IS350!
you can't use it, it has the name of the person printed already...

seems like it's roughly 4 months after they issue the coupon then. i went to event in aug and mine said 12/5 or something like that
Old 11-09-07, 07:00 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BucBaby
We got our Taste of Lexus coupon for $750 off of a new Lexus in the mail today. We attended the October 20th one in Miami.

I thought people might want to know how long it takes to get one after going to the event. One other note, the expiration is 2/1/08. I know others have talked about it expiring at the end of December.

Now we can't wait to use it. We were told that our car was coming in December. We have a confirmation number, and tomorrow I'm going to call and see if they have more information.
ARE YOU PLANNING TO USE IT, BUYING A NEW LEXUS
Old 11-09-07, 07:04 PM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

darn.....i missed the october event here in miami,oh well
Old 11-09-07, 09:03 PM
tracerit
Pole Position

how do you get invited to an event? My mom received an invitation but didn't go. Lexus didn't allow me to take her place though. I've requested an IS350 brochure, but that didn't seem to change anything
Old 11-10-07, 11:39 AM
BucBaby
Pole Position

I've been "planning" to buy a new Lexus since May! Those here who know me have followed my ongoing "special order" saga. We were told that they had special ordered it, but had only put it out as a preferred order. 4 months later I backed them into a corner and found out. We got corporated involved and they have really ordered it now. We expect to get our Matador Red Mica 6MT IS250 in December.
Old 11-10-07, 01:42 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

FINALLY?! YAY!

them them to throw in some free stuff since you've been waiting for so long... .
Old 11-10-07, 07:43 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

You're the one that has helped me so much! Thanks so much!!!!!

I took your advice and suggested that they need to do some things for us because we were good enough to stick with them and give then another chance. We are getting a clear bra and tinting! I can't thank you all enough for your advice.

So, yes we waited, but in the mean time, we got the coupon and we're getting the things that we would have bought anyway. If everything goes well and we get it next month, it might have been worth the wait. OK. Maybe not. I REALLY want my car!
Old 11-10-07, 08:04 PM
chickenass
Rookie

BucBaby let me know when u get ur IS. My dealer also told me i shoudl expect my order by December haha. Unfortunately though I have no proof at all except for the word of the salesperson
Old 11-10-07, 08:25 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

Chickenass (that makes me laugh every time), I'll let you know. I watched so many of my cyber friends on this site get their cars befor me.

This time I have an order number, something that I didn't have last time. I also have the support of the Southeast Manager for Lexus. Before that, I was getting lots of promises and information from people that were being told lies by the guy at the top of the dealership. I wanted to trust, but with the help of others here I backed him up in the corner by asking for a confirmation number on my special order. He could not provide one. The preferred order that he place instead was an idiotic mistake. He failed to see that they don't make cars like ours for our area. The chances of a special order being turned down with the exact things as ours was nearly impossible. He did this to many others. He has since been let go.

When did you place your order? Did they do a special order or a preferred order? If special, ask for a confirmation number. If preferred, make sure that the combination that you ordered is something that is actually made in the area that he is requesting a trade in. I don't want anyone to have to go through the same things that we did.

Good luck!
Old 11-12-07, 08:27 PM
chickenass
Rookie

I placed my order on the 9th of september, and i have read from some posts the dealership i bought it from usually places the order, and i did my saleswoman for a comfirmation number before but she had no clue what i was talking about and she said she would find out and let me know but i have not yet heard from her about a month ago.. and i am pretty sure it is a special order because i clearly remember her telling me that its only done by special order and i saw her writing down on a folder the specs for the car i want with special order in big words on the folder
Old 11-13-07, 12:57 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

I was told that too. In fact, they wrote it down. They told us that 3-4 months later when I started hounding them for a number. They told it to us when we both went in, sat down trying to get to the bottom of things. They gave us a copy of the sheet where they wrote special order.

There was no special order. The general manager of the dealership had done a preferred order instead.

Get a confirmation number. Insist on it!

Others here told me to get the number and I decided to trust them because they were saying all of the right things that the manager had told them. I still had a feeling of doubt, but my husband said, they said to trust them. I should have stood by what I sensed to be fishy.