IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2008 IS350 NAV-DVD-CD-Phone Override, Plug-n-Play Kit Installed...!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 12:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Wow, so lets get a group buy on this bad boy... Wait only if it will work with non ML cars... Seems like it should, but want to make sure.
maybe we should get prestigious a test car with no nav and see if it works

ray, you so darn lazy!
Old 11-12-07, 12:29 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
maybe we should get prestigious a test car with no nav and see if it works

ray, you so darn lazy!
HAHA! Yes I know...I failed.....but boy, was it a refreshing sleep!!!
Old 11-12-07, 03:08 PM
adidas02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a lurker here for quite a while (been trying to get my hands on an IS350 for years and finally did it) and I just wanted to let you guys know that there has to be another way to get the dvd playback and full phone use without the wire hack, or aftrermarket parts because it works in my car. Got it used from a corporate fleet and although I can't input POI changes into the nav while out of park (unless I use the volume screen override) I CAN play dvd's and fully use the phone touch screen options while on the move. I popped open the dash to confirm, and the wire hack as NOT been done, and there aren't any aftermarket pieces added in. Had I not lucked out so much, the kit Joe Z used would have been a 100% must have for me. Not trying to steal any thunder, just letting you folks know that there is another option out there that doesn't require cutting or add ons.....but I honestly have no idea how it was done, all I know is that I was one happy camper because I was prepared for the usual neutering that everyone else so much wants to get around.
Old 11-12-07, 03:42 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Hold on..why do i need this kit when im able to use all the screen features (NAV,PHONE,DVD..ect) with out any kit. I believe there is a thread in here explain how to do it by cheating the system(no cut to any wires). somthing about going to the Volume and press up down up down ,and than press the OVER ROAD button for while till you hear the beep sound i think. :S
Old 11-12-07, 04:19 PM
xerxes717
Driver

Originally Posted by BlackGhost
Hold on..why do i need this kit when im able to use all the screen features (NAV,PHONE,DVD..ect) with out any kit. I believe there is a thread in here explain how to do it by cheating the system(no cut to any wires). somthing about going to the Volume and press up down up down ,and than press the OVER ROAD button for while till you hear the beep sound i think. :S
That's only for the 2006 models. It doesn't work with 2007 and 2008 nav disks.

I'm in for the group buy for sure, nice work everyone!
Old 11-12-07, 04:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by xerxes717
That's only for the 2006 models. It doesn't work with 2007 and 2008 nav disks.

I'm in for the group buy for sure, nice work everyone!
prestigious society has joined CL as latest vendor, and GB is on
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=318055
Old 11-12-07, 04:52 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Nice...................
Old 11-12-07, 08:38 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackGhost
I don't think the cheat you're referring to allows play of dvds while in motion?
Old 11-12-07, 08:38 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by adidas02
I've been a lurker here for quite a while (been trying to get my hands on an IS350 for years and finally did it) and I just wanted to let you guys know that there has to be another way to get the dvd playback and full phone use without the wire hack, or aftrermarket parts because it works in my car. Got it used from a corporate fleet and although I can't input POI changes into the nav while out of park (unless I use the volume screen override) I CAN play dvd's and fully use the phone touch screen options while on the move. I popped open the dash to confirm, and the wire hack as NOT been done, and there aren't any aftermarket pieces added in. Had I not lucked out so much, the kit Joe Z used would have been a 100% must have for me. Not trying to steal any thunder, just letting you folks know that there is another option out there that doesn't require cutting or add ons.....but I honestly have no idea how it was done, all I know is that I was one happy camper because I was prepared for the usual neutering that everyone else so much wants to get around.
Congrats on the IS! Can you track down the previous owner and found out what they did?
Old 11-12-07, 08:46 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,394 Posts

Adidas02's is an '06. It would be interesting to know what firmware version shows up on it, but regardless, it's pretty likely it has '06 1550 or 1600 firmware so it's missing the updates for the climate controls.

It would be interesting to know if the I Agree screen is deleted in his version.
Old 11-12-07, 08:54 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

awesome work guys. it is thru this forum that many a great ideas and products...and hacks as well have come alive. thanks for all the testing and hard work.

if i didn't already have my system setup exactly as i like, i'd sign up for the gb in a second. [un]fortunately i've already done the wire hack and have been watching movies+ in motion for almost 2 years now, no problem. and i enjoyed the override for about a year until i upgrade the nav dvd (which i really don't miss).

so those of you who get this functionality, i say go for it, enjoy it...it's pretty cool. there are a few more goodies coming down the line so don't spend all of your money in one place. the good news is we can't always take this stuff with us when we get rid of the car and get a new 2IS or 3IS or ISF or whatever. so the fun starts all over again every few years. lol
Old 11-13-07, 12:32 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kensteele
if i didn't already have my system setup exactly as i like, i'd sign up for the gb in a second. [un]fortunately i've already done the wire hack and have been watching movies+ in motion for almost 2 years now, no problem. and i enjoyed the override for about a year until i upgrade the nav dvd (which i really don't miss).
What would you say is the biggest drawback of the wire-cutting hack, jumpy nav map?
Old 11-13-07, 12:40 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
so it's missing the updates for the climate controls.
What do those updates do?
Old 11-13-07, 01:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i will leave the installation pics to joe. here are some pics we took on sunday. joe was happy driving and i was busy overriding

right after install testing dvd override

notice parking brake released, without override, dvd playback not working

now parking brake released, override in action (notice the green light on the override trigger, dvd playback on
Old 11-13-07, 01:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

started driving around

bad boys II in action

all navigation options enabled

no club lexus blvd yet

POI

phone is fully working too

Quick Reply: 2008 IS350 NAV-DVD-CD-Phone Override, Plug-n-Play Kit Installed...!!