IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

OMG, i need some serious help! >.<

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-07, 03:18 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the car is brand new try calling your dealer and explain what happened to your service rep. If he is a nice guy he might just tell you to bring it in and they will take care of it.
Old 11-13-07, 03:55 PM
n8236
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexiss, good advise! I just sent an email to my sales guy begging him to help me rectify the problem.

So I just crossed a bridge coming home, and given that the transponder is sandwiched between the roof and headliner, it didn't go off! Thank God I still don't have plates.

I was thinking maybe I can pull the transponder out of the rear passenger dome light area. It's big enough. I think i'm going to try it lol.
Old 11-13-07, 04:36 PM
n8236
Pole Position

Gdit, I thought the who dome light plastic piece comes off!

z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z

I need "helps" lol
Old 11-13-07, 05:37 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

LMAO! Not laughing at you, but with you. This may be a first for the dealer service dept... "sir, your "what" got stuck "where"?" LOL If you can't fish it out even with the car parked on an angle with the front facing downhill, you might as well swallow your pride and take your brand new 08 IS to the dealer and have it done right.

If you damage something in your attempt to get the transponder out, you'll add insult to injury. Good luck!!
Old 11-13-07, 06:28 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't help but laugh at the way you explained how things happened I do feel bad too because I would probably be if the same thing happened to me I would take it to the dealer and have them resolve the problem, they probably won't even charge you since you recently bought the car and I'm pretty sure they want to keep a happy customer.

I'm sorry my suggestion didn't work for you. I've had mine in the sunroof for almost a year now, and it hasn't given me any problems. Hope you can resolve the problem. Let us know what happens.
Old 11-13-07, 07:51 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

This is the best thread LOL
Old 11-13-07, 07:51 PM
n8236
Pole Position

Alex, I didn't mean any offense, please don't take what I said seriously lol. I'm just pissed about myself being too hasty and didn't appropriately read on placing the transponder

I actually think it's pretty funny too but also a bit annoyed at the same time.

In any case, my sales guy immediately responded with "bring it in!" It seems like he's gonna try to have the tech guys take care of me. Hopefully, loosening the and removing a bit of the headliner isn't too much work?
Old 11-16-07, 03:41 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by n8236
Alex, I didn't mean any offense, please don't take what I said seriously lol. I'm just pissed about myself being too hasty and didn't appropriately read on placing the transponder

I actually think it's pretty funny too but also a bit annoyed at the same time.

In any case, my sales guy immediately responded with "bring it in!" It seems like he's gonna try to have the tech guys take care of me. Hopefully, loosening the and removing a bit of the headliner isn't too much work?
No offense taken, I bet anyone here would feel the same way if it happened to them/myself Were the tech guys able to help you remove the transponder?
Old 11-16-07, 04:22 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

keep us posted!
Old 11-16-07, 04:44 PM
lexusgabro
Rookie

if it is around the sunroof, just pull around the edges of the headliner to come loose (there are no clips just velcro), if it is towards the doors take of handle grip and coat hanger this will give you enough room to fish it out

the headliner is just floating there with very few clips, it is actually hung there by light assemblies and handles and coat hangers etc......

even if you have to take the headliner assembly off...not too hard
Old 11-16-07, 11:54 PM
n8236
Pole Position

Update:

So I brought my car into the dealership and was immediately told to pull into service. The service tech guy gave me two options. A) We pull down the headliner where the transponder is. But it could crease the headliner as they are easily bent. B) Remove the whole headliner which would include some airbags etc. Cost is $500-600.

So I took my chances w/ option A and they basically had it fished out in less than 30 mins. It was the best & most professional service I have ever experienced with any of the 4 cars I've owned before. The fact that I didn't have to make an appointment, timely service, and free of charge is enough proof to say Lexus has great service and worth the extra $ I gave them for my IS350. I planned on being at the dealership for 3 hrs and I was out b4 I even finished the free soda they gave me while I surfed the web @ the dealership! ~30 mins.

The tech guy told me they had this one lady who dropped her lipstick under her seat and it somehow someway found its way thru the vents ending up behind the dash. Now that's pretty crazy!

In any case, I am still hunting for an ideal place to stick my Fastrak lol.
Old 11-17-07, 12:59 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

I'm glad they were able to help you, now we can all look back and laugh at the whole thing! Now, if you're still looking for a place, why not the sunroof glass
Old 11-17-07, 06:20 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

So glad they got it for you. Once again, Lexus goes above and beyond what's expected.
Old 11-17-07, 08:09 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Alex350
I couldn't help but laugh at the way you explained how things happened I do feel bad too because I would probably be if the same thing happened to me I would take it to the dealer and have them resolve the problem, they probably won't even charge you since you recently bought the car and I'm pretty sure they want to keep a happy customer.

I'm sorry my suggestion didn't work for you. I've had mine in the sunroof for almost a year now, and it hasn't given me any problems. Hope you can resolve the problem. Let us know what happens.
I don't understand why you would put the transponder on the sunroof glass???? I hope you delete or edit your post from the transponder thread, so no one has to go through this again.

Just put it behind the mirror and you will be fine. JEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
Old 11-17-07, 08:22 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by n8236
I tried going down a really steep hill and braking real hard, no luck.
Man, I laughed so hard when I read this one.....just awesome......this is darwin awards funny, though I'm glad you didn't die in the process.

Quick Reply: OMG, i need some serious help! >.<