Squeaky spring inside driver's seat! :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-07, 12:02 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Squeaky spring inside driver's seat! :(

Anyone notice this?
Yes, I've already had the TSIB done for the tracks and pins that squeak. But now I notice the squeak when pushing my back against the seat. It's probably just a spring inside the seat. Minor but ANNOYING! Anyone else? Any ideas on a fix? (besides louder radio!!?)

Wonder if this is chalked up to wear and tear or warranty?
Old 11-18-07, 01:22 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I am interested in this fix also, i'm not a big person and don't weigh much but whenever the car turn, no matter how little my body moves it squeaks.

It has to be the spring, i notice this in mercs as well...not BMW though
Old 11-18-07, 01:45 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lies go on a diet
Old 11-18-07, 12:44 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

I can't think of anyway they can get to it, without tearing the seat apart! Which may mean we simply need a brand new seat! Under Warranty!?
Old 11-18-07, 05:49 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a new seat because i complained about the squeaking twice when it came back. so i guess u can say it was under warranty.

the seat is a LITTLE diff. it has more texture than the passenger side.
Old 11-18-07, 08:33 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ihkskim
i got a new seat because i complained about the squeaking twice when it came back. so i guess u can say it was under warranty.

For real? You complained about the noise coming from inside the seat back cushion? And they swapped the entire seat!?

I'd fear they'd chalk that up to wear and tear, how old was your car when you made the complaint?
Old 11-18-07, 09:28 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

17k miles more or less.

when i came the first time.. they put felt in it.. and it came back the next day.. went back again the following week and they gave me a new driver seat under warranty. Had to wait a month for it to arrive from jpn
Old 11-18-07, 11:57 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

17k miles more or less.

when i came the first time.. they put felt in it.. and it came back the next day.. went back again the following week and they gave me a new driver seat under warranty. Had to wait a month for it to arrive from jpn
Great to know! And just to confirm this was a squeak coming from within the seat, right? Where did they put the felt? Any idea?

Also, just to confirm, what year is your car, an '06 I assume?

Last edited by ES3; 11-19-07 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-19-07, 12:11 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Do you prefer the texture in the replacement seat?
Old 11-19-07, 05:48 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

I have the same issue as well - the noise seems to be located in the driver side [left] lower side bolster, and it only happens when it is cold outside. If the car heats up it disappears. I'm not sure if it's a spring issue; rather it sounds like foam that is sticking/dragging against some hard surface [plastic or metal] and creating the noise. I'll have to take a look at the seat assembly, but you might be able to get in behind the seat and wedge some felt where the noise is to remedy this.

But I would strongly advise against have the dealer replaces any leather [seating] surfaces, for it is impossible to match what has been assembled from the factory. These seats along w/the other interior components are tagged and allotted to our vehicle during the assembly process - this is what keeps IP/interior materials for having color hue miss-matches that are found in so many other cars.
Old 11-19-07, 09:11 AM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

the differences are so miniscule.. id ont even care but i like the textured one better because i dont have the perforated leather so it looks a little cheap when its too smooth.

btw the side bolsters also hug you more(which i like). but likle i said. the differences are so small... you wouldn't notice if i hadn't have told u.

they also replaced the whole seat, not just the surface.. i know becuase my seat had no scuff marks on the plastic and clear plastic wrap over it. plus i had to wait a month for them to import the seat
Old 11-19-07, 10:36 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MLevinson
I have the same issue as well - the noise seems to be located in the driver side [left] lower side bolster, and it only happens when it is cold outside. If the car heats up it disappears. I'm not sure if it's a spring issue; rather it sounds like foam that is sticking/dragging against some hard surface [plastic or metal] and creating the noise. I'll have to take a look at the seat assembly, but you might be able to get in behind the seat and wedge some felt where the noise is to remedy this.

But I would strongly advise against have the dealer replaces any leather [seating] surfaces, for it is impossible to match what has been assembled from the factory. These seats along w/the other interior components are tagged and allotted to our vehicle during the assembly process - this is what keeps IP/interior materials for having color hue miss-matches that are found in so many other cars.
He apparently had the entire seat replaced. Are you saying such a replacement may contain inferior products? I suppose you could run the risk of having 2 different color seats, with a new driver and stock passenger, then again, my passenger seat has very little use.
Old 11-19-07, 10:40 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

take it back to the dealer.........they will fix it.....
Old 11-19-07, 02:39 PM
Axvel
Driver

there is a TSIB for it look for it, they fixed mine
Old 11-19-07, 03:15 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no noise from my seats, but it would annoy the crap out of me! I don't even leave change in my car because any rattle is an annoyance. my girlfriend sometimes taps her feet and i turn down the music and say did u hear that??? Nothing in the side door pockets either.

Quick Reply: Squeaky spring inside driver's seat! :(