IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Idea for my winter wheel setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-07, 03:16 PM
gizbx4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idea for my winter wheel setup

Im thinking about getting my OEM 350 wheels powder coated black since everything else on my car is black. I also figured black would stay more cleaner looking since it wound show brake dust, ect.

I also wanted to get some spacers with the most aggressive offsets on the eibach springs im running. What mm spacers would give me the most aggressive look with my springs without rubbing? whats the best place to order them from?

i tried searching and got some resutls, but i wasng sure if they had a drop or not, so i figured id ask before i order the wrong specs.

thanks in advance

Last edited by gizbx4; 11-19-07 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-19-07, 03:19 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

plz don't powder coat them black. ebay has spacers.
Old 11-19-07, 03:21 PM
gizbx4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ReLexin
plz don't powder coat them black. ebay has spacers.
curious as to why you say that?
Old 11-19-07, 03:37 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i think it will look good, if you are using them for winter rims im not sure i would spend the money. why the spacers? for looks also?? i would think that this wouldnt be a good idea with the snow i could be wrong and it may not change anything. being your car is lower i would get 17" rims with snow tires and have more tire to help..im not sure on where to get spacers. you may find some for sale in the vendor/classified section.

if you powder coat them black please post pics as i would like to see this not done as a photoshop.

good luck.
Old 11-19-07, 03:46 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gizbx4
curious as to why you say that?
sorry didnt realize you have 20"s for the nice weather. my bad..... rock whatever you want during the crummy months. It will look like a black missle in the snow...
Old 11-19-07, 03:46 PM
gizbx4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
i think it will look good, if you are using them for winter rims im not sure i would spend the money. why the spacers? for looks also?? i would think that this wouldnt be a good idea with the snow i could be wrong and it may not change anything. being your car is lower i would get 17" rims with snow tires and have more tire to help..im not sure on where to get spacers. you may find some for sale in the vendor/classified section.

if you powder coat them black please post pics as i would like to see this not done as a photoshop.

good luck.
i really dont want to spend the money on a whole new set of wheels just for a winter set. i would rather leave my 20s on but it definitly wouldent be a good idea. i figured that i would powder coat them black to keep my blacked out look going. everything on my car is pretty much black, and haveing bright silver rims looks weird to me. and yea, the spacers would be just to make them look nice and aggressive, im hopeing this wouldent hurt me for the snow.
Old 11-19-07, 04:57 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gizbx4
i really dont want to spend the money on a whole new set of wheels just for a winter set. i would rather leave my 20s on but it definitly wouldent be a good idea. i figured that i would powder coat them black to keep my blacked out look going. everything on my car is pretty much black, and haveing bright silver rims looks weird to me. and yea, the spacers would be just to make them look nice and aggressive, im hopeing this wouldent hurt me for the snow.
i love the all black look myself!! i would just think that with the winter, snow, and salt that they may be hard to up keep. i think you will spend the same to have this done as you would spend on winter rims. this way when you get rid of the car slap the stocks back on and off you go....as much as i like the all black look like you do others dont and im sure you dont want to give away the aftermarket rims when you sell the car or trade in down the road. i dont know much about spacers but i would think you are better with out for the few months you have to run the winter rims. i just put mine on also and i feel your pain!!! lets hope for a mild and short winter
Old 11-19-07, 07:11 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

20mm spacers all around on the car in this link.... i think its pretty flush ther H&R spacers
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=298884