IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Suspension AND Exhaust mods!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-07, 09:06 PM
dappy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice set-up. The Tom's kit looks sweet. What did you do with the Tanabe's? Are they sitting around in your garage. I wouldn't mind scooping them up.
Old 11-20-07, 09:13 PM
*IS350*
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For your exhaust the best idea that I can tell you to do is, to take of your resignator. My friend did it to his 350 and it sounds amazing, but the catch is that it gets very loud and a bit raspy.
Old 11-20-07, 09:14 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mrsardar
I am not an expert or anything when it comes to suspension, sway bar or brace kits. But i would really like to hear what some of you think how the F-Sport line brace kit would perform with the F-Sport Suspension kit. would one really Sacrifice the ride of the car or would it still maintian the ride quaility similar to the Tom's 6link kit?

thanks,
The F-Sport rear brace bar is, if I'm not mistaken, not the same as the Tom's 6-Link. The F-Sport rear brace bar is more of a rear anti-roll bar of with Tom's has a separate, 4-point bar as well, which I didn't get. The 6-link doesn't reduce roll persay, it just makes the car feel much more solid through turns.

dappy: I posted it in the Classifieds a while back; I've got a buyer picking it up tomorrow. Sorry!

*IS350*: I was thinking of doing what caymandive (I think) did to his Tanabe and get some straight pipes in the back. The GReddy drones less than the Tanabe so I think doing the same to the GReddy as he did to the Tanabe might make for some magical sounds.
Old 11-20-07, 09:34 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks sweet!
Old 11-20-07, 11:53 PM
*IS350*
Lead Lap

PM me, maybe we can meet up and I can show you my boys IS with the Greddy and no resignator i know you would be happy
Old 11-21-07, 01:58 AM
aira
Pole Position

I love my SP2. Can you take a directly rear shot of your car?
Old 11-21-07, 02:34 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
The F-Sport rear brace bar is, if I'm not mistaken, not the same as the Tom's 6-Link. The F-Sport rear brace bar is more of a rear anti-roll bar of with Tom's has a separate, 4-point bar as well, which I didn't get. The 6-link doesn't reduce roll persay, it just makes the car feel much more solid through turns.

dappy: I posted it in the Classifieds a while back; I've got a buyer picking it up tomorrow. Sorry!

*IS350*: I was thinking of doing what caymandive (I think) did to his Tanabe and get some straight pipes in the back. The GReddy drones less than the Tanabe so I think doing the same to the GReddy as he did to the Tanabe might make for some magical sounds.
So if i understofd you correctly F-Sport ride quailty will be alot more stiffer and harsh?
Old 11-21-07, 04:02 AM
BUST
Pole Position

That GReddy exhaust together with the Toms rear looks really good!
Old 11-21-07, 11:57 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good!
Old 11-21-07, 12:41 PM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dappy
What did you do with the Tanabe's? Are they sitting around in your garage. I wouldn't mind scooping them up.
I'm picking them up today!

Can't wait to see your set up.
Old 11-21-07, 09:09 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aira
I love my SP2. Can you take a directly rear shot of your car?
Ask and you shall receive!!!

P.S. Do any of you other SP2 owners have problems with fitment? My right muffler is WAY off to the right, and this picture shows that the muffler isn't even straight. I'm getting it bent on Saturday, but I've never heard of such bad fitment for GReddys.
Old 11-22-07, 11:03 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Day 6 with the GReddy exhaust:

I would like to take back everything I said about the sound of this exhaust. The exhaust was sitting in my closet for a while so though it was used, I assume it settled a bit. It has definitely broken in since I put it on, and it is now a LOT louder than before, and certainly louder than the Tanabe. The exhuast seems to have a warm-up phase too, in that it's pretty darn quiet when you first start the car, but it gets much louder after a while.

The exhaust is louder than the Tanabe. It drones more on the freeway too, which I find to be a little annoying. However, it is a small price to pay for the better sound the GReddy gives (plus it can be easily drowned out by music). The GReddy sounds a lot better than the Tanabe. It sounds a little more raspy than the Tanabe, without being obnoxious. In short it's pretty much the exact noise I was looking for when I got the GReddy in the first place. Unfortunately, it is a bit louder now, and teetering off the bad side of what I can call acceptable. The Tanabe was perfect in the regard that it was quiet and absolutely unobstrusive, but also *yawn* kind of boring. The GReddy is louder, meaner, more aggressive sounding, but also a little more obnoxious. That said, it's an acceptable balance for those looking for something more pronounced than the Tanabe.
Old 11-23-07, 01:11 AM
702/350
Driver

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Ask and you shall receive!!!

P.S. Do any of you other SP2 owners have problems with fitment? My right muffler is WAY off to the right, and this picture shows that the muffler isn't even straight. I'm getting it bent on Saturday, but I've never heard of such bad fitment for GReddys.
still , looks complete , nice rear