IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bad Year Already... =[

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-07, 05:06 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by igofast
Whats the difference between JOL and a regular license everyone else has?
A junior license is different from regular ones because if you do any offences it immediately results in suspension...it is almost like a provisional/temporary license..

the real license will come in on the person's 18th birthday...

I never had one..but I'm pretty sure that's the Jist of it..
Old 11-24-07, 05:53 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel your pain as I have gotten my share of speeding tickets but be careful out there. You're young and don't have too much driving experiance... so slow down and enjoy life. If you want to go fast go to your local track and burn rubber there.
Old 11-24-07, 07:40 PM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

dude... that 500 dollars is nothing compared to the insurance add up that is going on my bill... 2000-2500 dollars more in a year... fuuuck.... so i think im just going to wait till im 18 and retake the license test instead of going through all that nonsense course... and 500 dollar BS... and plus im going to have to take a written exam and a road test again in order to obtain my license back anyways =[.... any idea if this is going to work or? not? cuz i really dont have the money for the 500 dollars and the insurance so in the time being i can take my name off the insurance and let the rents drive the is350 ='( lol
Old 11-25-07, 09:33 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

question: i have a dance on Dec 8 its like a prom thing that is happening to my junior grade... so do u think it would be possible if i went to the hearing and told the officer that i really need to keep my license till the end of dec. because of some issues i am having with transportation for ex. if i told them that i have 2 sisters and they both go to school and i am always responsible for their transportation to school and back home and my dad works from 10am till 11pm and my mom doesnt come back from china till jan 1st... do u guys think that they'll let me keep the license a lil bit longer? cuz its suspended on the date of 11/29/07.
Old 11-25-07, 09:46 AM
Audiofan2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
any of you guys in the US have radar detectors?
I have owned two V1's over the course of ten years. Saved my butt many times, however in Oregon they just aren't as effective as in California. Mose laser up here and lots of falses from Costco detectors.

BTW, Ken on occasion I still enjoy your max speed video. I used to max out my last two rides often when I lived out in the country, on private roads of course.
Old 11-25-07, 01:39 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

ouch, that sucks a LOT.
Old 11-25-07, 01:48 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dAiLL3sT
question: i have a dance on Dec 8 its like a prom thing that is happening to my junior grade... so do u think it would be possible if i went to the hearing and told the officer that i really need to keep my license till the end of dec. because of some issues i am having with transportation for ex. if i told them that i have 2 sisters and they both go to school and i am always responsible for their transportation to school and back home and my dad works from 10am till 11pm and my mom doesnt come back from china till jan 1st... do u guys think that they'll let me keep the license a lil bit longer? cuz its suspended on the date of 11/29/07.
You might get a house arrest or a limited license, meaning you basically can only drive to home and to work, or to school. I doubt they would be that loose though, good luck with your hearing.
Old 11-25-07, 01:59 PM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

lol thanks
Old 11-25-07, 06:08 PM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are you looking for here? Sympathy? Forget it. When you do stupid things you pay the price. Welcome to the world without your parents to bail you out...... Or you could try "growing up' you might like it.
Old 11-25-07, 07:20 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

hey man, i was pretty much in the same boat as you, although i was a little worse and somehow got off with a lesser penalty. I got a 61 in a 45 the second month i had my junior license... then still with my junior license (on my way back from Drivers Ed.. coincidental no?) i got a 84 in a 65... i pleaded not guilty to both.. its been a year since my 1st ticket (61/45) and i havent recieved a court date, and my 84/65 got reduced to a "Failing to Obey a Traffic Control Equipment", and they oversaw that i had my junior license when i got it.

on the plus side, u'll be saving ALOT of gas money in those 90 days bumming rides from friends and parents lol, and some precious mileage on your lexus... you must be 16-18 years old, and wont have to be the D.D. to any parties =), and ur car wont be parked at the house so u can bail into the woods if the cops come

imo, lawyers usually arent worth it for minor traffic violations.. the lawyer will cost u more than the initial fine would.. your biggest concern now should be the insurance company.. and your parents

any of you guys in the US have radar detectors?
yeah but i've noticed ALOT of the cops have laser guns... meaning when his gun emits the signal to set off the radar.. he's already got your speed (my two tickets, the radar went WILD (all lights went off, and the beep was constant rather than just beep beep beep), but it was two late because the laser warning basically means.. if your speeding, either punch it and run, or just pull over now

Whats the difference between JOL and a regular license everyone else has?
Junior Operating License means you have passed your permit test, and (in my state, NY) have had your permit for 6th months, and have passed your road test. You are not 18 yet though, and cannot drive between 9pm and 4am.. no late night driving.. they say your not experienced enough. It is also a strict probation period, and any traffic violations that result in points on your license usually will mean anywhere from a 30-150 day suspension of your license. To go from your Junior license to Senior license (What everyone else has) you must either be 17 years old and have passed a Drivers Education course, or you just wait until you turn 18.

hopefully you've learned your lesson. (i know u probably have), set your speedomoter light indicator to the average speed for the roads you drive on, so when the light goes on you know not to go much faster, and be wary of the speed at all times... focus less on the spedometer, and instead put ur display to the Tank Avg, and see how high you can get it =), my last tank i averaged 30mpg =p.

OH, edit, see if you can apply for a Hardship Licsense. Its a license given to people with suspended licenses that allow for driving to and from work and school. It'll save you the embarrasment from going driving the hottest car in the school parking lot to riding that sad yellow ****stack (the bus)
Old 11-25-07, 07:52 PM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gtidan
What are you looking for here? Sympathy? Forget it. When you do stupid things you pay the price. Welcome to the world without your parents to bail you out...... Or you could try "growing up' you might like it.
hey if u took a look at my post u would see that im not trying to get away wit anything... just a simple extention on my suspension date... i dont need sympathy dummy... i wasnt saying i wasnt wrong... i am wrong in all ways just looking for ways that i can drive legally on the date of my dance moron....
Old 11-25-07, 09:07 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

^^ legally probably not, even with the hardship license thing a school dance doesnt count as work or school (unless ur state includes School Events.. which would mean sport games and dances and such)

if you convince ur parents.. just drive a couple mph under the speed limit and dont swerve and u'll be okay
Old 11-25-07, 09:23 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Scythe
^^ legally probably not, even with the hardship license thing a school dance doesnt count as work or school (unless ur state includes School Events.. which would mean sport games and dances and such)

if you convince ur parents.. just drive a couple mph under the speed limit and dont swerve and u'll be okay
Back when I was living in California, school events counted... even if you had a <18 provisional license you could be out past curfew so long as you were going straight from home to the event or vice-versa.
Old 11-25-07, 09:29 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

^ yeah thats why i said its state dependent, my friend got his suspended and got that license but when he asked the judge he said it was only to school for classes, and that things like dances, sport games, and other stuff not held during the regular school day didnt count. thats for NY though
Old 11-26-07, 05:02 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

Scythe thats y i wasnt going to say it was going to be a school event.... if u read my post i am going to tell them i am responsible for my siblings rides to school since no one else can give them a ride since my mom is in china and my dad works from 10am till 11 am everyday

Quick Reply: Bad Year Already... =[