IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Problem with my driver-side HID's!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-07, 01:23 PM
Xenon9
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my driver-side HID's!

I couldnt help but notice that my HID's, specifically on my drivers' side are always "bouncing" around and changing from orange to red back to white and cannot seem to stay balanced (color wise). The other side is stable and doesnt flicker colors but (from what my brother said when he was driving in front of my IS the other day) he said it was very "flickery" and the colors kept changing on my driver's side HID's. The passenger side is fine. What do you guys think? Thanks.
Old 11-25-07, 02:13 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have OEM HID's or aftermarket???? Check to make sure ur bulbs arent loose. I had this problem before, i bought a set of 6000K HID bulbs and the plastic tabs broke while i was installing them that hold the bulb in place... Since then i have learned to only buy the bulbs with the metal tabs..
Old 11-25-07, 02:38 PM
Xenon9
Rookie

they are the stock 4300k bulbs. it could also be the fact that the driver side HID is pointed lower, but, nonetheless, it is getting really annoying.
Old 11-25-07, 02:49 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Yes it could be that its pointed lower, just level them out. I pointed mine higher than how they came stock, they shine really bright actually they are blinding, almost everyone i pass by flashes their high beams at me.... I take it as a hello! Cops don't seem to have a problem with it..... it could be the police sticker and plate thou...
Old 11-25-07, 03:11 PM
Xenon9
Rookie

i went to the dealer and it said they fixed the adjustment a while back, but it didnt look as if they did. do you think i should attempt at doing so myself, or should i go back and make them fix it?
Old 11-25-07, 06:31 PM
Xenon9
Rookie

anybody have any other suggestions?
Old 11-29-07, 07:35 AM
Xenon9
Rookie

is it the fact that driver side is lower that is seems to be "bouncing" colors?
Old 11-29-07, 08:08 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ReLexin
Yes it could be that its pointed lower, just level them out. I pointed mine higher than how they came stock, they shine really bright actually they are blinding, almost everyone i pass by flashes their high beams at me.... I take it as a hello! Cops don't seem to have a problem with it..... it could be the police sticker and plate thou...
So you don't really seem to care that you blind oncoming drivers? I guess, in your head, its just all about you?
Old 11-29-07, 11:09 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ReLexin
I can understand raising the lights a little bit to help you see more but blinding the oncoming traffic is a bad move. I'm sure you find it annoying when someone has the lights aiming right into your windshield.

Terrance
Old 11-29-07, 12:27 PM
Xenon9
Rookie

the whole point is that i want to know why my driver side lights keep flickering colors all over the place while the passenger-side lights are normal and dont flickers colors. i is baffling me.
Old 11-29-07, 12:40 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenon9
the whole point is that i want to know why my driver side lights keep flickering colors all over the place while the passenger-side lights are normal and dont flickers colors. i is baffling me.
Did you try to go to a different dealer? If you think the lights are pointed lower than the factory specs, you can have them double checked to make sure it is within specs. When you say "flickering", do you mean you see the color changes or it just flickers. Also, when do you see the change? Does it happen when your car is stopped or while the AFS is in action?

Terrance
Old 11-29-07, 12:45 PM
Xenon9
Rookie

is is just all ways any time i am on the road the tips of the hid's are a blinding yellow instead of blue and it is always shifting from whitish to bluish then to yellow on my driver side...not the passengers side.
Old 11-29-07, 01:37 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Sounds like an electrical issue. Since it's reproducible, take it into the dealer, show it to them and have them fix it. It's stock, so it should be under warranty.
Old 11-29-07, 01:48 PM
Xenon9
Rookie

does anybody's HID's have this flickering problem on their drivers-side?
Old 11-29-07, 02:19 PM
pocky
mooncake master

That means the HID is about to blow out. You should be able to get it replaced under warranty from the dealership.

Quick Reply: Problem with my driver-side HID's!