IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fleetrates?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-07, 02:28 PM
Dbak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fleetrates?

Ok so I had the thread before about getting the IS250, and the much disputed topic on what color the car was lol. Anyways, as I had mentioned, it was GFM, and we weren't interested in that, so we are looking at a Starfire Pearl/ Crystal White(which btw, are the same color correct?). Anyways, we have a deal on an 07' IS250 AWD, Starfire Pearl, Black int, and the HID package, with only 4K miles. But my dad has seen this site called Fleetrates, and basically I guess this company buys from dealers and sells for discounted prices. SOOOOO...the question is, has anyone ever used this place before, or know anyone who has, and whether they are legit or not. They are listing some pretty good prices for their cars, pretty much the price you could get from negotiating the MSRP. Please let me know about this site, so that we know whether to just go for the used 07' Starfire.

The sites homepage: http://www.fleetrates.com/mercedes_s...&SBmodel=clear
Old 11-27-07, 02:49 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbak
...It was GFM, and we weren't interested in that, so we are looking at a Starfire Pearl/ Crystal White(which btw, are the same color correct?).
No. They are two different colors.

Starfire is pure pearl white. GFM is blue metallic pearl white(-ish).
Old 11-27-07, 03:00 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not used that site nor have know neone that has..... However i have a question for you.... Have you and ur father test drove a IS250AWD??? It seems as though you are shopping online for cars.
Old 11-27-07, 03:04 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

For Lex vehicle, I think it is hard to fight for discount in east coast and even harder in Canada plus east coast. How much can you save with 4k miles on the meter? I had 6 years in Canada (Toronto) but I did no know anything about "Fleetrates" when I was there. You will need a Canadian to answer that question if he knows about "Fleetrates".

My suggestion is just to pick up a brand new vehicle from your local dealer or just ask them to find you one then work on the price. Be nice to your salesman and ask for discount in a cold freezing night by the end of month. I do see people getting meanless quotes from Costco, and A friend of mine got his Highlander from Costco with 150+ miles in it when delivered.

I am sure a lot of people pressed it hard in that 150 miles when it was in dealer's lot and endding up in Costco's member service... just imagine with that 4k miles in your case.

My opinion only, and wish you best luck with your shopping.
Old 11-27-07, 03:04 PM
Dbak
Rookie

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
No. They are two different colors.

Starfire is pure pearl white. GFM is blue metallic pearl white(-ish).

lol...I know Starfire and GFM are diff colors... What I meant is if Crystal White and Starfire are the same.
Old 11-27-07, 03:11 PM
Dbak
Rookie

...And yes, we have test driven the IS250 AND 350. My dad didn't feel too much of a difference, because of course he didn't floor it lol :P. He felt the 250 was good enough...and we live in Central Ontario, so it gets snowy, so AWD is appropriate. So we have been internet shopping, because we can get a hell of a lot cheaper car in the states then here. Comparison: In Toronto... 06' IS250 AWD, 40K miles, $42,995(and since the Canadian dollar and US are the same...). Btw...option-less.
07' IS250 AWD, previous car we were gonna buy had 12 K miles, GFM, and had the rear spoiler, $33,900 list price. Huge difference!
Old 11-27-07, 03:16 PM
Dbak
Rookie

Annnnnnnd another BTW, the car with 4K miles, was purchased by a young couple, who later on decided they'd rather have an SUV... supposedly. :P But it was not a dealer test drive car.
Old 11-27-07, 03:22 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbak
lol...I know Starfire and GFM are diff colors... What I meant is if Crystal White and Starfire are the same.
Crystal White is more of a "blue", bright white. Starfire is more of a "creamy" pearl white. IMO. Crystal White was available in 2006 only.
Old 11-27-07, 03:24 PM
Dbak
Rookie

Ahhhhh ok. I always got a little confused with the Starfire Pearl, and Crystal White Pearl. Thought they were the same, just one color is for the States and the other for Canada. Might sound oddd...but for the Nissan Altima, Niagara Gray = Canada's Gray color, and Dark Slate or something like that was the same color but different name for the states. But t/y for the info!