IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2IS insurance costs (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-07, 03:17 PM
lexus250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My insurance just went up it was $1206 every 6.
Now its $1550 every 6 they said because the ajustment for PIP which i alwasy had i dont know i have to get quotes fro other places.

How old are you? 20
How long have you been driving? 4 yrs
Any accidents? Tickets? Legal issues? 1 tickets 14 over
Single or married? Any kids? single, none
Do you own a home? a business? nope, nope
How is your credit score? high 6s low 7s
How often do you drive (how many miles/km a year)? 19000
How far is your work away from your residence? 10 miles
Do you own more than one car? no
Motorcycle? no
Home and life insurance with same insurer? nope

Also this is for full coverage and $500 ded. under my own policy not my parents, and i own the car out right if that has any affect.....
Old 11-27-07, 03:17 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ReLexin
im pumped because once i finish my nursing degree im buying a Gallardo and that insurance is goin to be really high.
You must be planning on being one hell of a nurse.
Old 11-27-07, 03:24 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGhost
How old are you? 22
How long have you been driving? 6
Any accidents? Tickets? Legal issues? 2 tickets both 35 over limit
Single or married? Any kids? none
Do you own a home? a business? nope
How is your credit score? duno
How often do you drive (how many miles/km a year)? 12000
How far is your work away from your residence? duno
Do you own more than one car? Motorcycle? Home and life insurance with same insurer? nope
Because you are a young single male with a history of moving violations; and no dependents, home, credit history, or multiple insurance policies -- you will have very high premiums.

Some things that can help:

--Ask your insurance company if you can get life insurance. Sometimes, life insurance for your age can be $10-20 a month, but it saves you $50-75 a month off your car insurance when you have combined policies.

--Get married. That can almost cut your insurance in half. Having dependents also help. You can always get divorced in the future...

--Check your credit score and history. The better the credit score (700+ is key), the better your rates. See if there are any incorrect information (such as late payments or old credit cards), as that may affect how you are insured.

--If you have an old cheaper car available, use that car as your "primary" vehicle. Insure the IS as your "secondary" vehicle. If you can say that you'll only drive the IS for less than 10k miles a year, then your insurance will go down.

--See if you can join your family insurance policy. If you live with them, you can join and save with a family policy.
Old 11-27-07, 03:31 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

GOD~~~

I am not sure those were listed in US dollars or CND or something else, but those digits are good enough for me to get another Yaris at 0 down and paid full in 3 years.

edit:
You guys must live better than I do!

Last edited by josephdoc; 11-27-07 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-27-07, 04:29 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
--Ask your insurance company if you can get life insurance. Sometimes, life insurance for your age can be $10-20 a month, but it saves you $50-75 a month off your car insurance when you have combined policies.
sounds like a good move, i will try it.
--Get married. That can almost cut your insurance in half. Having dependents also help. You can always get divorced in the future... .
will do for sure, somewhere in the future
--Check your credit score and history. The better the credit score (700+ is key), the better your rates. See if there are any incorrect information (such as late payments or old credit cards), as that may affect how you are insured.
i dun think that is effectin my insureance poilcy at all, cuz i own the car and have no loan at all. so why they would be worry about the credit

--If you have an old cheaper car available, use that car as your "primary" vehicle. Insure the IS as your "secondary" vehicle. If you can say that you'll only drive the IS for less than 10k miles a year, then your insurance will go down.
I tried that before,and did not change anything except they lowerd my insureance by 5% cuz im insuring 2 cars with them
Thanks for the hints tho
Old 11-27-07, 04:32 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by josephdoc
GOD~~~

I am not sure those were listed in US dollars or CND or something else, but those digits are good enough for me to get another Yaris at 0 down and paid full in 3 years.

edit:
You guys must live better than I do!
It is really sad here in canada. The dollor is almost the same as the US, and the prices for everything is crazy like hell here. do you know that we pay almost 15K on the IS more than you do in the US. so for the price i buy an IS350 here i could buy an IS-f in the state and over all,the insurance is so high like hell specially here in the GTA area (Ontario-toronto)
Old 11-27-07, 05:28 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLexin
im pumped because once i finish my nursing degree im buying a Gallardo and that insurance is goin to be really high.

Originally Posted by 15951
You must be planning on being one hell of a nurse.
My dad gave me a condo when i graduated high school.... so im mortgage free!!!! My car will be my mortgage!!! But i am going to be the best nurse i can be thou!
Old 11-27-07, 05:35 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

27, driving 11 years, 20K miles a year, no accidents, no tickets on file (everything came off already). No other insurance through the same company.
$2000 a year pretty much on the nose.
Old 11-27-07, 06:05 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Hey, I remember my high school days in Toronto. That is why my mom gave me a 78 Accord.

LOL...
Old 11-27-07, 06:47 PM
dsclar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
--Get married. That can almost cut your insurance in half. Having dependents also help. You can always get divorced in the future...

Well I don't know about getting married.

I'm 55, single and my credit score was 737 and I did just as you mentioned regarding the limited use of the second car. I have a 97 Grand Caravan and was paying about $400/year with no comp or collision.

I was thinking about not taking comp or colission on the IS-350 and self insuring fearing that the rates would be real high. I did that with a 77 Porsche, and after a while I had saved more than the price of the car in premiums.

No matter, because I'm now paying only $880 per year after adding the IS-350 to my existing policy. And it has full replacement cost if it gets stolen or totaled with no depreciation, but $1000.00 deductable.

The liability on this car was only $164.00 for the year. That's for 100/300 coverage. OTOH the liability for the Grand Caravan is $220.00/year. Well perhaps it's more because it is the primary car, but perhaps they figure I'm less likely to be wreckless with the Lexus, or because it is considered safer.

Finally, Kudos to all you Lexus owners barely in your 20's.

No way I could afford one at that age.
Old 11-27-07, 06:56 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

$5800 a year for an IS350
How old are you?18
How long have you been driving?2 years
Any accidents? Tickets? Legal issues? one accident
Single or married? Any kids? single
Do you own a home? a business? no
How is your credit score? excellent
How often do you drive (how many miles/km a year)? about 15-20k only been driving for 2 years so yah
How far is your work away from your residence? I dont work.

Last edited by inxexisten; 11-27-07 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-27-07, 07:05 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

i pay 900 every 6 for my is 250 awd

single
points i had 13 at one time and totaled out 1 car and ben in 3 acidents that were my fault and have ben hit 4 times
no kids and execelent credit

i had my licence suspenced at one time.
curent points on reccord is 2 i to a elegal lane usage when i was hit in the center turn lane. i was using it to pull in to trafic makeing a left. but i was stoped
Old 11-27-07, 07:25 PM
HBcubs
Driver School Candidate

I live in Huntington Beach, California and I pay $740 every six months. My insurance policy is held with State Farm; I've been with them since I started driving.

How old are you? 25
How long have you been driving? 9 years
Any accidents? Tickets? Legal issues? None, I've gotten a fix-it ticket when I was 18 for having hyper-white bulbs in my 94 Maxima.
Single or married? Any kids? Single (won't give the gf that satisfaction....yet.) Kids are life sucking spawns of Satan (sorry to those who have kids, they're just not by bag.)
Do you own a home? a business? Condo
How is your credit score? 785
How often do you drive (how many miles/km a year)? 15,000 miles a year
How far is your work away from your residence? 12 miles
Do you own more than one car? Motorcycle? Home and life insurance with same insurer? Nope. Home and life are through different companies due to the fact that I get better rates as a B of A associate.

Last edited by HBcubs; 11-27-07 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-27-07, 07:46 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I pay $890 every six months with Geico for my '07 250

How old are you? 24
How long have you been driving? 9 years
Any accidents? Tickets? Legal issues? Nope, had two tickets but they are not on my record.
Single or married? Any kids? Single, but living with gf (she's listed as a second driver)
Do you own a home? a business? Not yet but will probably own a home within the next 6 months
How is your credit score? 757
How often do you drive (how many miles/km a year)? 10-12K per year
How far is your work away from your residence? 12 miles one way
Do you own more than one car? Motorcycle? Home and life insurance with same insurer? Nope.
Old 11-27-07, 08:23 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW. you guys are paying a lot. Thank GOD I'm older with a good driving record.

here's mine: Corona, SoCal

AAA since 1993/94
$790 for one yr, $500 ded, 100k/500k cov for myIS
$2500 for all 3 cars ('07IS250, '05RX330, '994Runner Ltd ed) same cov as above
** premium higher this yr coz of teenage driver** went up approx 25%
42 y/o married with 2 boys (19 and 13)
24 yrs driving experience
last speeding ticket 4 yrs ago, wife clean record X 10 yrs,
own a home
credit score >800 (812 last time I checked)
10 to 15 K mi/yr each car
35 mi round trip daily

Quick Reply: 2IS insurance costs (merged threads)