Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

I Can't Decide, GFX Kit or Not

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 10:46 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ladies and Gentleman,

For those of you not already aware, just yesterday we posted special pricing for the individual components of the IS GFX kit. The front lip is just $149! Seriously. We too are offering the side skirts and rear lip and a price I sincerly hope you all will find appetizing.

Installation guides can be found on each of the products page for each GFX part.

Darrel Diller
ddiller@sewell.com
Old 06-04-08, 10:55 AM
TopGearLA
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man the coincidence of scratching my stock lip 3 days ago and randomly looking for this at the lowest price ever... awesome. I don't even care if they update it, it will be twice as much +.
Old 06-04-08, 11:47 AM
myculito
Lead Lap

So, for the side skirts and the rear lip, can't they be applied using the stock screws and clips just like people are doing with the front lip, without having to drill?

I don't feel good about the whole drilling thing with a new car.
Old 06-04-08, 02:35 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myculito
So, for the side skirts and the rear lip, can't they be applied using the stock screws and clips just like people are doing with the front lip, without having to drill?

I don't feel good about the whole drilling thing with a new car.
No drilling for the side skirts, only the rear lip.
Old 06-04-08, 03:34 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Either lip is a great option for the car. We can get the Fabulous for you guys as well, and it does have a CL discount price. The Fabulous lip is 509.00

Also, right now is a good time because of the price drop from Lexus on the GFX kit. All the items from the kit went doen in price, so you can order only the peices you need, and there is no discount code required, ther are the new everyday prices.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/...ubmit&x=64&y=3

For the fabulous lip does that price include paint?
Old 06-04-08, 03:45 PM
TopGearLA
Rookie

Dang sewell,
you guys caught on to the spoiler discount error, grr. i almost just bought it, pondering it all day, but i guess you made my decision for me, front air dam will do for me. And if the rest of you don't know what im speaking of, the ISGFX code worked for the spoiler too and brought it down to like 85 bucks pre-shipping... i wonder how many random people got away with it. And i wonder who in the internet dept. is getting a talking to. lol

since some people HAD to have gotten that promo discount, maybe sewell should spread the love and make me reconsider? wishful thinking? maybe.
Old 06-04-08, 04:03 PM
i2IS
Pole Position

Yea Sewell, please throw in the spoiler, I too was thinking about purchasing both yesterday. But now I think I will just stick with the front lip.
Old 06-05-08, 12:23 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

haha yeah...i was gonna add the spoiler too...yesterday when the prices were low...but man...they back to 190 something for it...
Old 06-05-08, 02:08 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How would the IS look with just the front GFX lip? How about just the front and sides?

The rear just seems like a lot of work and needs a professional installation. I have a feeling having just the front lip would be fine but having the front and sides without the rear, I'm kind of iffy about it. What do you guys think?
Old 06-05-08, 02:26 PM
Eddiebx
Driver

after starring at all the pics over and over again, i've decided that the sides are just not noticable enough to warrant price. and the rear seems like it throws the lines off and not as smooth. don't get me wrong the first time i saw the rear lip, i was in love, but after looking at more pictures of it, and from further away and side shots, the lines just seem "off"

i'd say you would be good with only a front lip.

the sides are soemthign only a true IS enthusiaist MIGHT notice if you had them installed.

of course these are only my personal opinion, i;m sure lots of people beg to differ,
Old 06-05-08, 02:45 PM
DZP
Pit Crew

I'm thinking about the front GFX and perhaps the side skirts as well. I'm a bit put off that the rear apparently requires cutting so that's out unless I get it professionally installed. I'm also thinking of going with the eBAY spoiler since it goes on with just tape (no drilling).
Old 06-05-08, 02:56 PM
TopGearLA
Rookie

dont get the sides, theres no need, x-packages have just the front, they line up pretty dang well. all i ordered was the front peice, and they definitely will update the package, but i doubt you will be able to get it for 150 bucks.
Old 06-05-08, 03:18 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean by update the package? As in this style will be changed?
Old 06-05-08, 05:51 PM
TopGearLA
Rookie

yeah definitely its not a coincidence, that theyd sell it so cheap to the people who would buy it the most. Toyota/lexus always do mid cycle refreshes in little ways to the actual car, but drastic ones to their add-on parts. But sometimes its for the bad... i used to have the TRD action package celica, the first itteration, which worked perfectly with the lines, and was an original TRD Design, then the update... well it looked like a super rice kit u get on ebay... so we will see... but like i said... the updated front air dam will probably cost near 300+ and wont see a discount like this, well maybe ever since, by then the whole car will be redone.
Old 06-05-08, 09:41 PM
SoCal_IS
Driver School Candidate

Awesome price! I might have to pull the trigger on this.

Sewell, can we get a code for the rear deck spoiler too?

Quick Reply: I Can't Decide, GFX Kit or Not