IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Clear bra question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 02:08 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here a story from my homie with an nsx..One Of The Greatest Car Upgrades EVER

It's Saturday morning and I'm driving my NSX to Project Car CFO Will's house. I don't necessarily need to drive it, but if I let it sit for a little over a week the battery dies and that's a total pain. So yeah, I live in Long Beach and Homer lives in Walnut. I'm cruising up the 605 trying to avoid all the pot holes, rocks, debris, and whatnot. Just as I'm passing Cerritos (not even halfway to Walnut) there's a pick up truck in front of me and three or four pieces of what looked like foil wrappers floating out from under the truck. Harmless, I'd think. How much damage can a couple of bags of chips do? Then I hear a thud against my bumper....they weren't wrappers. They were solid, thin pieces of metal and one of them just bounced its way into my PJ painted, Down Force bumper, wrapped in Star Shield Armor. *****!!!! Car lovers know that feeling that you get when something hits your car, or you hit something with your car. You feel the impact through your body. What seems like hours that you're trying to anticipate the damage to your car. Do I need to take it back to PJ to paint? Should I call up Down Force to get another bumper? How long will my car have to be at the body shop for again? Also, BASF would have to mix some more paint for me. Then I have to hit up Earl again to re-wrap my car again with Star Shield. I'm going to run out of favors pretty quick. The worst part is that I still had about 20 miles to drive until I reached Will's house. So I replay the scenario in my mind about a thousand times. Should I have swerved into the carpool lane or the lane to the right? I should have just stayed in the slow lane. Argh! Argh! ARGH!!! My new paint job has been de-virginized with some stupid trash on the freeway. I feel so violated. A thing piece of metal solid enough to make a thud while I was driving 70mph on the freeway can do some serious, serious damage. Is there a chunk missing out of my bumper? A gash like a ninja sword? Did it cut up my lower lip? Damnit! As I pulled up to Will's house, I parked and jumped out to inspect the damage. It had to be the bumper, but where? I checked up, down, and all around. NOTHING. It can’t be. I know that metal chunk it my car. I heard it....I felt it. I keep looking and then I see something. A tiny scuff on my Star Shield Armor the size of a quarter, if not smaller. Are you serious? The Star Shield clear bra just saved me a ton of money. A bumper repair and repaint. Maybe even a new bumper and lip. Not to mention the time it'd take at the body shop and waiting for the paint to fully dry before I could get the bumper re-wrapped with Star Shield. That's a total of 3-4 weeks. Insane. When I first got my NSX back from PJ, the first thing I did was take it straight to Star Shield to get the bumper wrapped because rock chips suck. Just driving up the 605 on a weekday when all those construction trucks are dropping rocks and debris everywhere, I was cringing every time I heard one hit my paint.

Before I bail, I gotta let you know that I'm not paid one penny to endorse this product. I'm just speaking from first hand experience. Erwin is my homie, but he didn't ask me to write this. He wouldn't have to. He knows what the product does and that there isn't much to say in order to convince car lovers that it works. Do you want to repair your car's body or prevent the damage from even happening? Hindsight is a ***** and you don't want to sit there $2,000 later thinking "I should have gotten Star Shield to begin with."