IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS Coupe - Anyone Else Feel Like This?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07, 06:31 PM
actham
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS Coupe - Anyone Else Feel Like This?

I’m definitely a coupe person. The word that Lexus was going to release an IS coupe really got me excited. I got a Lexus Pursuits VISA card and have been charging away trying to get as many dollars built up on it as possible for my new coupe. But lately I’ve found myself losing interest to the point that I have pretty much stopped using the card. I think the lack of info out of Lexus is my problem. The sedan has been out long enough for its new luster to wear off and the IS-F is great…but its not my new coupe. Personally, I think Lexus is taking too long to get the coupe to market or at least provide some teaser information on it to keep us interested. Does anyone else feel like this? Any word if the coupe will be shown at any of the upcoming auto shows?
Old 12-11-07, 06:42 PM
Pwyll
Driver

Yeah, it's crazy.

While I was at Lexus for my 10k service, I asked the sales manager what was up with the coupe. He told me it got the axe. Not gonna happen.

I would hope this isn't true, however the car is going into its 3rd model year.

Wouldn't you think we'd have the coupe by now?
Old 12-11-07, 06:49 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by actham
Does anyone else feel like this? Any word if the coupe will be shown at any of the upcoming auto shows?
I too am anxiously awaiting the coupe/convertible version of the IS.

I want the hardtop convertible, and Lexus is really lagging when compared to the BMW 3-Series (which has a hardtop convert variant) and Infiniti G (coupe).

However, in a business aspect, sedans are much more functional than coupes, insurance costs are lower, and their resale value is much greater. I think Lexus is playing the Practicality Card, and it sure helps maintain good resale values and customer satisfaction.

For now, I am happy that my IS sedan is more sporty than most coupes out on the road. And for now, I'll stick with it...
Old 12-11-07, 07:08 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts

I hope they don't come out with the coupe. I would have buyers remorse if they did.....
Old 12-11-07, 07:16 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think that resale value of coupes are higher... Look at the G35s and the 3 series. the coupes always cost more new and keep their value more..

Never been a coupe fan to say the least. I need room for my crap. Textbooks schoolbag laptop etc.
Old 12-11-07, 07:17 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Coupe would be nice. Convertible hell no. Targa top coupe awesome. It won't happen. I too am a coupe person ince I drive solo 99% of the time and don't like more than 1 passenger but the possibility of kids in the future left me with the decision of accuring a 4 dr. Oh well at least I have the Supra for the coupe lover in me

I know I definitely won't be gagging for a 2IS sport cross.....ever.
Old 12-11-07, 09:10 PM
movin_up
Driver

It's supposed to debut at the upcoming NAIAS in Detroit.

I've been trying to get some inside info from some guys at work, but haven't come up with much.

The 6 speed manual is supposed to be available in the 350 sedan and coupe next year... not sure if there will be a 250 coupe or not. They are all supposed to hit the showrooms mid-year from what I've been told.

I believe the hardtop convertible is supposed to be hit showrooms around the same timing, but I expect it to be delayed, just based on the limited information I've seen on it... could be wrong though.