26.01%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Clear bra... What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-08, 03:06 PM
ghettoaww
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is the avg price to get the hood and front bumper done? Anyone recommend a shop in LA? Thanks.
Old 02-26-08, 04:11 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

aerotect in la verne. They'll give you a club lexus discount. Alot of the guys here have gone there including myself and have got nothing but rave reviews. Give Jason or Francisco a call for a quote on what you're looking to do.

On the avg i got quotes anywhere from $500-1k+ from shops around la/orange county.
Old 02-26-08, 09:20 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

www.clearbrafilms.com/socal

Call around and get some quotes.
Old 02-28-08, 06:20 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

if you leave it for 5 years, and then take it off, you might as well get the hood repainted, because the color will be different from underneath the clear bra and the exposed part.
Old 02-29-08, 10:28 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexboi250
if you leave it for 5 years, and then take it off, you might as well get the hood repainted, because the color will be different from underneath the clear bra and the exposed part.
Not true. 3m & Venture films allow UV rays to penetrate, so there will not be any 2-toning if the film is ever removed.
Old 02-29-08, 11:01 AM
BrysIS350
Driver School Candidate

Well I got it and I do love it. I wish I would have put it on about a month earlier, because I did get some little chips already. Anyone in the Southern WA or mid to northern OR area, I know a guy that will do it for 270. He does it for most of the dealerships around here, so same warranty and quality.
Old 02-29-08, 06:33 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BrysIS350
He does it for most of the dealerships around here, so same warranty and quality.
Yep, just about every dealership outsources their clear bra work which is why the clear bra films site was created. To help clear bra installers get more direct business and to save us car nuts some dough.

Brysis350 - is your guy listed on the site already?

http://clearbrafilms.com/washington/
http://clearbrafilms.com/oregon/

Thx.

Clifford
Old 02-29-08, 06:58 PM
dentpusher
Pole Position

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Not true. 3m & Venture films allow UV rays to penetrate, so there will not be any 2-toning if the film is ever removed.
They do. Both of them have UV inhibitors which will cause this. They need it to slow down the yellowing in the film. I have used 3M for 8 years and venture for a little over 4. The biggest reason for this is people not taking care of the paint. Good wax will help this and should be used anyways if you car about your paint. If you take care of the paint it will be very minimal. Pretty much to the point you would be hard pressed to see it.
Old 02-29-08, 07:05 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

I was under the impression that the yellowing effect occurs due to the porous nature of the film and dust particulates can make their way into the porous film and cause it to yellow.

This is why I thought that waxing the film would help fill those pores and prevent dust from getting into it.

Is this entirely incorrect?
Old 03-01-08, 08:42 AM
Indyken
Driver School Candidate

Default Meguires Plastix Before you do the film

Especially for the vehicles with a little time under their belt, I HIGHLY recommend buffing out the plastic lenses before you apply the film, with that Meguires Plastix product. Here's a before & after shot of the difference this stuff makes at getting "pits" out of the lenses. Then I applied the clear film.

Old 05-07-08, 02:56 PM
APBT4Me
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clear bra is the *****
Old 05-09-08, 01:42 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

i think i'm getting the bumpers only..that is where rock chips usually land..

i dont see the benefits of covering the hood..and it will add a line there too which will make it ugly
Old 05-09-08, 02:03 PM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I had this on my first IS300. Then I got an aftermarket bumper and didn't put it on. Within a few months my bumper looked like crap. so I regretted not putting it on.

I do have it on my IS350. The only time you can see the "line" on the hood is when the car is dirty. The film seems to attract pollen much more than the car itself, so it looks odd. Still, for me, its better than getting stupid rock chips.
Old 05-10-08, 01:52 PM
kargahi
Driver

so, i have a stupid question to ask... after u get the clear bra, can u still add on ur lip kit and stuff becuse if it is going to go all around the car and fold back in.. it would totally block the place for attachment of lip kit... should i get my lipkit first and then put the clear bra on, or other way around???
Old 05-10-08, 04:57 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i have the full coverage on my bumper and when i installed my oem front lip, i just installed the lip on top of it. no harm done at all.

clear bra can prevent rock chips on the hood ... by doing so.. it reduces rust on those exposed areas. definitely a plus.

Quick Reply: Clear bra... What do you think?