IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The wait is over....The car has arrived!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 09:40 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one had ever sold a sport pack and so no one even knew about that option. They thought I was getting the X-pack and were asking me about the wheels and front lip spoiler. Just for that I'm not going wth the front OEM spoiler. I'm planning on installing the rear lower spoiler and trunk spoiler but the front will be the Tom's racing lip spoiler. The car will look different from the X-pack significantly after that (and better IMO).
Old 12-13-07, 09:46 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Talking

Originally Posted by combfilter
Carchitect you need to change you sig now. del in Jan?? not any more!
Handled. The Supra is also moving along real well too. I need to throw a small GTG with the local supra guys and a few local 2IS guys. You guys can stare under the hoods and their dyno charts while they stare at the interiors on these cars.
Old 12-13-07, 09:51 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Congrats on the car, it's worth the wait Enjoy !!
Old 12-13-07, 10:01 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Let me be the first to say, it needs a drop
Naaah, Its a sport pack. The suspension is great for a dailydriver and I don't want to get the thing too stiff. I'll have some crazy suspension stuff on the other car so I'm not looking into reducing the height of the car.
Old 12-13-07, 10:39 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

wait...u work at the dealership and paid 48k . the guy i just bought my rims from works at servco (dealer in hawaii) and he got his is350 fully loaded for the same price i got my is250 for (36k). any ways, im still loving the car color , u should really drop it though, if u have sport package, u can drop on eibach springs, same ride, less body roll, nice modest drop
Old 12-13-07, 10:43 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats Joe! You will def. love the "aluminum trim" better than the sensitive wood on the interior. Keep us posted.
Old 12-13-07, 10:44 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by weesped
if u have sport package, u can drop on eibach springs, same ride, less body roll, nice modest drop
I will agree, i went from xpac to eibach, the ride feels the same but its more stable in corners, no difference on straight roads.

As for his price, he never said how much he paid, all he showed was the sticker on the car
Old 12-13-07, 10:46 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

ahaha ok, thats what confused me. cause i was just thinking, damn if ur paying that when u work there, ur working at the wrong dealership haha. i mean if u can get great prices at SERVCO! jesus i wonder what u can get elsewhere haha. but if i try to be super ****, i would say the roads r more bumpy w/ eibach, but then after awhile of thinking about it and some late night driving last night, i realised after the past couple weeks of rain, our roads r even ****ter in hawaii now . so eibach FTW
Old 12-13-07, 11:17 PM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

very nice! I love the obsidian color before it gets dirty. I'm so tired of trying to keep mine clean. My next car will be white! Have fun!
Old 12-13-07, 11:30 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuspdx
very nice! I love the obsidian color before it gets dirty. I'm so tired of trying to keep mine clean. My next car will be white! Have fun!
ROFL what makes you think white is eaiser? drive thru a lite sprinkle of rain and thats it... Hard part of black is the micro swirls, not keeping it clean. Hard part of white is keeping it clean, not the micro swirls. Total opposites... like... black n white/yin n yang
Old 12-14-07, 05:08 AM
taylorjste
Pole Position

carchitect..

congrats on a great car! i bought my 350 w/ lux, nav, ml from park place grapevine in June 06. pat lafferty was my salesman.. i'll have to stop by introduce myself next time i'm up there.. the whole dealership experience has been near perfect.. what dept do you work in? enjoy your beautiful new ride!
Old 12-14-07, 05:50 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

grats on the car, thats a rare option config. The sport package is great, Ive tracked the car and my instructor said it handled impressively

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
ROFL what makes you think white is eaiser? drive thru a lite sprinkle of rain and thats it... Hard part of black is the micro swirls, not keeping it clean. Hard part of white is keeping it clean, not the micro swirls. Total opposites... like... black n white/yin n yang
water spots and dried dirt show up much more easily on a black car. I dont even dry my car sometimes, except for the glass, after washing my car. Good luck doing that on a black car. Compare a black and white 6 years down the line, black looks terribly aged vs the other.
Old 12-14-07, 05:59 AM
Gadfly
Driver School Candidate

Joe,

Congrats on the car! I know you have waited a few months for it. Do you think you could make it go faster? I mean damn why are all Lexus cars SOOOOOO slow. They are slow, they handle like crap, and most of them are ugly. (IS350's are ok looking, .. but the SC....damn that is a lot of ugly.) So what do you think? Pull that piece of **** motor out and drop in a 2JZ? 71mm turbo? That should be good for at least 700rwhp. Though no part of the factory drivetrain could handle any real amount of power, as it was designed for thus wuss *** Lexus engines. So you'd end up just swaping the whole drivetrain..... but at least it would not be slower than my gradmother's buick with a flat tire like it is now.....

I know what you’re going to say Joe… “Engineering, blah blah blah, techinical jargan, blah blah blah. 700rwhp? I would still be slower than 90% of the 14 year old Toyotas, so why bother”… and your prob. Right Joe (you normally are).. but it’s ok If you're still slow Joe, we love ya for being you.

Seriously…. Seeing how you work at a Lexus dealer maybe you could send a memo to the design group and tell them to stop watching Woody Alan movies for inspiration and make some better looking cars?

Ron

Last edited by Gadfly; 12-14-07 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-14-07, 06:17 AM
WALDIS350
Pole Position

congrats man i like the aluminum trim wish i had the option then again i can always change it
Old 12-14-07, 06:18 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your new IS!

Quick Reply: The wait is over....The car has arrived!!!!