IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Confused by Lexus.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-07, 06:24 AM
madlaw1071
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused by Lexus.com

Hi all. Considering getting a IS 350. Was trying to build and IS on the Lexus website and after I put in my zip code I am unable to configure the IS with the sport package which is referenced elsewhere in the website. When I put in an out of state zip code only then can I add the sport package.

Does this mean I cant get the sport package in South FL?

Also, I cant find any reference to cupholders or pictures of any. Does this car have any?
Old 12-14-07, 06:41 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, this just means that Lexus is not allocating cars wit the Sport Pack to your area. You can certainly special order one, though.
Old 12-14-07, 06:45 AM
madlaw1071
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, but that seems kind of ridiculous. Must be all the retirees in the area although the dealership is down the street from Porsche.
Old 12-14-07, 06:57 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Nope, they basically don't send any sport or X to the east coast from what I could tell. If you do a quick search, you'll find that many people forgo the sport package in lieu of the luxury package and some aftermarket suspension tuning.

This is especially nice if you don't want to wait 3-6 months for a car to be special ordered.
Old 12-14-07, 06:59 AM
madlaw1071
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
Nope, they basically don't send any sport or X to the east coast from what I could tell. If you do a quick search, you'll find that many people forgo the sport package in lieu of the luxury package and some aftermarket suspension tuning.

This is especially nice if you don't want to wait 3-6 months for a car to be special ordered.
I plan on leasing so aftermarket wont be an option for me. No wonder I've never looked at lexus before.
Old 12-14-07, 08:19 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by madlaw1071
Also, I cant find any reference to cupholders or pictures of any. Does this car have any?
There are a total of six cupholders in the car.

One is on the center console, and one is inside the center armrest storage area.

In the passenger and driver doors, there are bottle holders in the side compartments.

For the rear passengers, there are two cupholders in the center pull-down armrest.

In this pic, the cupholder is holding an iPod, and you can see the bottle holder on the side door compartment...

Old 12-14-07, 08:25 AM
madlaw1071
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
There are a total of six cupholders in the car.

One is on the center console, and one is inside the center armrest storage area.

In the passenger and driver doors, there are bottle holders in the side compartments.

For the rear passengers, there are two cupholders in the center pull-down armrest.

In this pic, the cupholder is holding an iPod, and you can see the bottle holder on the side door compartment...

Wow, thanks for the detail. So let me understand, if my wife and I want to have a place for 2 cups of coffee, there is 1 cupholder for me and the other has to go into the open center armrest?
Old 12-14-07, 08:28 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Wow, thanks for the detail. So let me understand, if my wife and I want to have a place for 2 cups of coffee, there is 1 cupholder for me and the other has to go into the open center armrest?
Yes.

The center armrest console slides back about 3-4 inches (it does not lift up) to fit another cup/bottle.
Old 12-14-07, 08:32 AM
madlaw1071
Driver School Candidate

Yes.

The center armrest console slides back about 3-4 inches (it does not lift up) to fit another cup/bottle.
Oh, I gotcha. It slides back to reveal the 2nd cupholder. Makes sense. I am checking out the car in person tomorrow.
Old 12-14-07, 08:39 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Oh, I gotcha. It slides back to reveal the 2nd cupholder. Makes sense. I am checking out the car in person tomorrow.
Cool.

And just in case you want some perspective from a "neutral" car reviewer, MMARSHALL:

IS250 AWD review
Old 12-14-07, 09:04 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Yes.

I think you mean it doesn't need to lift up in order to fit a cup. It does actually lift up towards the rear of the sliding motion. (or maybe mine's broken )
Old 12-14-07, 10:34 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You will forget all about cupholders once you get in that baby.
Old 12-14-07, 10:39 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

lol, the main cup holder is *in my car* a fone holder
Old 12-14-07, 10:42 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
I think you mean it doesn't need to lift up in order to fit a cup. It does actually lift up towards the rear of the sliding motion. (or maybe mine's broken )
That's what I meant...
Old 12-14-07, 11:15 AM
madlaw1071
Driver School Candidate

as long as there is two, I am all good. Now if I can only get one with the sport package...

Quick Reply: Confused by Lexus.com