Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't have sport package just visiting

PS. I wish Lexus would offer sport package for the IS250
Old 12-14-07, 04:51 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same reasons as most for me. I think there was a more distinct difference between sport and Luxo on the 06 models then the later. Things like the rear wing added on the sport model and such. I must admit that I am at time shocked at how my IS sport can waffle a bit around the road and at the same time feel real rough on bumpy roads. I was used to rough ride from my Sti that I traded it for but I still think the Is350 should not have it as bad as it does.

I just figure its a combo of wide tires, stiff suspension (thats not as low as it should probably be, it should be another 1" lower) and steering thats to loose.
Old 12-14-07, 06:00 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Same reasons as most for me. I think there was a more distinct difference between sport and Luxo on the 06 models then the later. Things like the rear wing added on the sport model and such. I must admit that I am at time shocked at how my IS sport can waffle a bit around the road and at the same time feel real rough on bumpy roads. I was used to rough ride from my Sti that I traded it for but I still think the Is350 should not have it as bad as it does.

I just figure its a combo of wide tires, stiff suspension (thats not as low as it should probably be, it should be another 1" lower) and steering thats to loose.
What rear wing? The Sport Package did not come standard with the OEM trunk spoiler.
Old 12-14-07, 09:35 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
I don't have sport package just visiting

PS. I wish Lexus would offer sport package for the IS250
they do...
Old 12-14-07, 10:20 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

You guys know me from my thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=323944

I'm representin' ST and bunch of other options.

Yeah I can't dig that wood either. Lexus marketing must have read my mind when they created this package.
Old 12-15-07, 01:03 AM
Letz250
Pole Position

My main reason was the lowered suspension, and NO WOOD! Then I bought the car in Germany because it has an Alcantara-like interior in standard sports version, which I prefer to leather.
OMG, I thought the car was perfectly equipped for me at that time, then I became CL member.....
Old 12-15-07, 08:17 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
they do...
Nope. Heres the link http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

The sport pack is only available on the IS350 in the states. The X-pack which is a stripped down sport pack is available in the IS250 RWD (auto and manual) but not in the IS250 AWD
Old 12-15-07, 08:54 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 123 Likes on 60 Posts

Ok not raining on you all's buzz about the sports package, but I gotta stand up for the Premium Luxury Package!!! The reason I bought my Luxury package was not for the HID (wow) but for the fact that I owned an IS300 for 4yrs & the inside looked so plain for a Luxury car such as a Lexus!! The IS300 was my 3rd Lexus & I was use to the Luxury look & feel, & I was also tired of getting in other peoples car & it looking more luxury than a luxury car!!! The 2nd reason I bought the Lux package was the rear sunshade I hate people starring in my car!! Now as far as the wood it looks very good with the certain color leather (like I said the IS300 looked cheap inside) & no offense but I think the plastic in the sport package does too!!! I like Sexi Lexi order my car in 05 but in Oct & received it in Nov of 05 & the option for the illuminated door scuffs only came with the Lux Package, as far as the lowered suspension on the Sport package, if you already know you are going to put rims & drop the car with a different setup, why get the sport package, kinda makes no sense!!! The Sport package back then seemed kinda stripped down for my taste @ least @ that time!!! Now don’t get mad @ me it’s only my opinion, remember we own the same car people!!! I love my IS just like you all do!!! Just the Luxury Package!!!

Last edited by KOOLFELLA; 12-15-07 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-15-07, 09:22 AM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Does the X-package count?
Old 12-15-07, 09:26 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Thats understandable but the sport pack guys hate the woodgrain and thats why we bought this option. If the option was for the Dark Grey Bird's Eye Maple (from the GS) on my Sterling interior then yeah it would be worth it. But the red wood is kryptonite for the sport

The rear power shade for us is also another useless option. If we had to choose between the sport suspension and rear power shade the choice for us would be simple.

I personally won't be lowering it. The car doesn't have adjustable camber to compensate for it. The roll center will be dropped significantly and increase body sway from it being lowered too much. I personally like the looks of the car as is and don't think that lowering the car "enhances" its curb appeal. The damage the car could experience from the chassis lowered a couple of inches is not worth this appeal or the issues with the suspension geometry being out of whack or rapid tire wear from excessive negative camber and possible out of spec caster. IMO, Lexus engineers have deisgned the sport suspension to have a perfect compromise between the handling and NVH while still having a comfortable ride. In addition to the NCF specs list the front knuckles to be different and steering rack and pinion to have a different ratio so it isn't just springs and shocks that are so different between these cars.

If I were to install different springs and shocks on the vehicle it will be the HKS hypermax III and leave it close to OEM sport suspension height.

But the Luxury pack does have the appeal to its owners and since it stands in the other end of our class room we gotta salute it like colleagues. You guys can come to a party with a tuxedo and see us there in our racing suits.
Old 12-15-07, 09:29 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
Sure babe, pls visit and do my dishes again like u did last time!!!
talking bout woodtrims... wasnt there a thread not too long ago about a full replacement on the woodtrims instead of the ones u put over the old ones? it was from Vip salon or something i forgot.... any one kno wut im talking bout?
Old 12-15-07, 09:45 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 123 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by carchitect
Thats understandable but the sport pack guys hate the woodgrain and thats why we bought this option. If the option was for the Dark Grey Bird's Eye Maple (from the GS) on my Sterling interior then yeah it would be worth it. But the red wood is kryptonite for the sport

But the Luxury pack does have the appeal to its owners and since it stands in the other end of our class room we gotta salute it like colleagues. You guys can come to a party with a tuxedo and see us there in our racing suits.
Your right, I do wish I had the Dark Grey Bird's Eye Maple from the GS in the IS, but im good until i buy a GS460 or IS-F
Old 12-15-07, 05:20 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carchitect
You guys can come to a party with a tuxedo and see us there in our racing suits.
So funny but a good comparison.

I saw your thread about getting the car, carchitect. Congrats! Like you, I love my sport pkg car and have no plans on lowering it. Unless...after I get the Tom's kit on, I might be tempted. LOL
Old 12-15-07, 10:31 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

i also think when u gota pay more for wood grain...i'd feel guilty for sticking some nice CF overlays on them , so since i have the sport package trim, 0 guilt . and it matching CF better . racing suits ftw!
Old 12-15-07, 11:29 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weesped
i also think when u gota pay more for wood grain...i'd feel guilty for sticking some nice CF overlays on them , so since i have the sport package trim, 0 guilt . and it matching CF better . racing suits ftw!
You have the CF kit? If you answer yes then -----------------

Are you going to be at Kaka'ako next Saturday?

Quick Reply: The Official Sport Pkg Owners' Thread!