IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2008 Lexus iPod interface kit (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 11:08 PM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now is that a separate aux cord or does it come from the dock portion of the cord? hahaha did that make sense?
Old 03-12-08, 03:48 AM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Does anyone know any dealerships that will do the whole setup for $300 in SoCal Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley area?
Old 03-12-08, 09:53 PM
kobrapack9
Rookie

I called Longo Lexus today and they said they are selling the vaistech one for 299. install for 499. I asked why are they selling the aftermarket one and he had no reply. The official one is out tho right guys?
Old 03-12-08, 10:08 PM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kobrapack9
I called Longo Lexus today and they said they are selling the vaistech one for 299. install for 499. I asked why are they selling the aftermarket one and he had no reply. The official one is out tho right guys?
Maybe the aftermarket one works better......
Old 03-13-08, 03:04 PM
Electric
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pics of nav screen while using this???
Old 03-21-08, 01:43 PM
jta1188
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone,

I just got the iPod interface kit (the Lexus brand, not VAIS) and my iPod plugs into a cord located in the glove compartment that I assume is connected to the back of the stereo. Anyway, I have heard people talk of browsing by artist/genre/playlist, etc. and was wondering how you do this?

So far, I've used the steering wheel controls to flip through songs (it says Track on the screen) and adjust volume, and I've used the "Tune/File" **** in the lower right corner to see the menu that reads "Artist, Album, Genre, Audiobooks, Shuffle All" but I see no way of selecting these options. Can someone with the device and the expertise please help? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-08, 01:47 PM
kyrsplat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Electric
Any pics of nav screen while using this???
second this motion
Old 03-21-08, 02:54 PM
rocco16v
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jta1188
Hey everyone,

I just got the iPod interface kit (the Lexus brand, not VAIS) and my iPod plugs into a cord located in the glove compartment that I assume is connected to the back of the stereo. Anyway, I have heard people talk of browsing by artist/genre/playlist, etc. and was wondering how you do this?

So far, I've used the steering wheel controls to flip through songs (it says Track on the screen) and adjust volume, and I've used the "Tune/File" **** in the lower right corner to see the menu that reads "Artist, Album, Genre, Audiobooks, Shuffle All" but I see no way of selecting these options. Can someone with the device and the expertise please help? Thanks in advance.
I have the Lexus adapter
and use the memory #2 to browse by artist. Press #2 once and use the controls on the steering wheel to browse the names of the artist. It works like a channel. First channel #1 is the first artist alphabetically. to the last one.

To shuffle again press #5. I always have in shuffle but have a question.

Let's say while in shuffle I was listening to artist ABC, and then turn off the car, but once I started again it goes to play only songs form the last artist ABC. I have to press #5 every time I start the car to maintain the shuffle mode.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-21-08, 07:28 PM
kobrapack9
Rookie

I have purchased the Agent 47 from longo toyota (not lexus) 6 months ago and i love it. I installed it myself and on the nav screen it displays playlist, song, artist, title, browse, manual ipod control. i drilled a hole in my glove and it stays there while it charges. There is no limit on songs or albums either. i highly recommend it. It uses one of the sat ports but if u have sat radio it will still play because it has ports in the back to put the sat in. The only complaint i have, but its not a big one, is that u cannot change the track from the wheel. You can change the volume and everthing else but no track. u have to reach down on the radio to do so. Not a big deal just being lazy. Chris was real helpful with me and replaced the first one i had with no problem.
Old 03-22-08, 07:41 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

DO NOT go to Meade Lexus of Southfield in Michigan, the part guys there quoted me $600 to get it installed, and said it will take about 2 1/2 hours to do, which would only take them about 45 minutes. Even when I told him about the document that i have stated 299 MSRP installed, he says that's only for cars without a satillite radio. ridiculous! I'm gonna call their head office, this is just not right.
Old 03-22-08, 09:13 AM
kyungsoo
Rookie

i've installed the usa spec interface. pa12? i think it is.

only complaint is that when i put the ipod on shuffle, and go to advance the track on the headunit or steering wheel, it cancels the shuffle and reverts alphabetically to the first album-song. kinda annoying.
Old 03-22-08, 11:55 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Some pics before it's hidden away forever. I'll post some installation and user interface shots tomorrow after its installed. Also, a couple of notes - the cable from the main unit to the harness is ~45 inches, and the cable from the harness to the iPod connector is ~55 inches, so it should give enough to allow some flexibility in choosing a location for installation.

Big surprise, they include some anti-rattle foam and cushion...

Some pages from the owner's manual:

Javier
Old 03-22-08, 05:53 PM
SILVER IS
Rookie

javyLSU:

Nice post!! Can you post some pixs of once installed of the Nav Screen?
Old 03-22-08, 07:15 PM
hhnyc
Driver School Candidate

Default Pictures

Here ya go:

Glove Compartment:

Main SAT Screen:

Pressing TEXT Button shows mp3 tags:
Old 03-22-08, 08:40 PM
SILVER IS
Rookie

Now does anybody have pictures of what the Navigation screen looks like with the Viastech??

Quick Reply: 2008 Lexus iPod interface kit (merged threads)