IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

the seats in tie car are pathetic........

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-07, 05:40 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the seats are pretty comfortable. It doesn't seem fair to compare the IS seats to AMG and Recaros, it's true that it could be more comfortable but it feels pretty good on my daily drive.
Old 12-23-07, 06:01 PM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
I have never owned a car that had seats this bad. They have zero thigh support and zero back support. Why do Japanese cars skimp on one of the more important features in a car. This car would be horrible for road trips. The car actually causes me to sloutch when I drive and causes back pain.
The seat heaters and coolers are a joke as well. The heated seat barely gets warm and the cool feature or vent feature is useless, it is non operational.
god I miss the recaros in my S4.

Your kidding, right?

Either your a pinhead who is just trying to start something or an idiot who does not know how to adjust his seat or your a 'fat ***' who really needs two seats to fit you. Which is it? BTW: I've never seen nor heard of a Recaro seat having a heater/cooler feature but I could be wrong. Just saying I've never seen nor heard of one.

As for the heater/cooler feature. My seats will toast your butt or turn your cheeks to ice in a matter of minutes.
Old 12-23-07, 06:03 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these seats are great they are way better than the rx and es seats. but they are a far cry form the seats in my old twin turbo stealth. but they are way better than any gm/dodge i owned in the past
Old 12-23-07, 06:09 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The Recaros and AMG seats are just awesome and lexus should apply this to their designs.
Sell your lexus and buy an audi or mercedes,or stop whining
Old 12-23-07, 06:32 PM
DevJ
Driver

sorry about the mispells, I am using my iPhone to type.

Well for little people they may be acceptable but I am 6"2' and 220 lbs. Anybody who says these are good seats has never been in a good seat such as an audi or mercedes. The Recaros and AMG seats are just awesome and lexus should apply this to their designs. This is my biggest gripe about the car, but it is a BIG one.

When I test drove the C55 AMG and drove my friend's E55 AMG I could never find a position where'd I'd actually feel comfortable..the C55 was the worst..Audis are OK but they feel kinda cheapo..
Old 12-23-07, 06:41 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gfi dan like I said I am 6"2' 220 pounds, i am in good shape. I could probably kick your butt while getting serviced (verbiaged used as not to offend anyone) by your girlfriend.
The regular seats in audi, mercedes and bmw are more supportive than the IS. I wasn't comparing recAros and amg seats with this car, but simply stating how great they are.
Old 12-23-07, 06:44 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the car needs is some more supportive side bolsters and some adjustable thigh support and it would be a great improvement
Old 12-23-07, 07:10 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

Hmmm, it was my understanding that there was a cooperative effort between Lexus, Lay-Z-Boy and Barka-Lounger in the seat design.

As a matter of fact, I unconscionably keep feeling for the "gear shifter" on the side of the seat to make the foot rest come up only to realize I'm not actually in my Lay-Z-Boy.

These seats hug me like a buckskin rubber. The heated and cooled perforated ventilation is a real plus to me and I think it works well, but not something that I would want in the "buckskin rubber" aside from the heat.

Way back when, when telephones still had the "dat, dat, dat, dat" dial sound each time a number was dialed, my friend modified some real Lay-Z-Boys and put them into an old Dodge. All I remember is that there were no seat belts, no room for rear passengers and your head rubbed against the inside top of the roof.

It was damn fun cruising in a car sitting in Lay-Z-Boys!

If you don't like the seats in a Lexus, yank'em out and put in what you want. Is there really a perfect car out there for everyone?

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!
Old Oiler
Old 12-23-07, 07:12 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

ES350 and ISx50 seats don't cool. They only ventilate.

The seats don't have support on the sides like some other vehicles since it is a sedan and has smaller doors. Getting in and out is important. The NSX seats in my Integra make it a pain to get in and out but they feel amazing when you're driving the vehicle. IMO, the quality of the leather is better than german vehicles and its also padded for comfort. I think for an everyday vehicle it has great support.

You can't compare Recaros, Sparcos, or Bride seats to these seats. Those seats are designed for a vehicle with a different purpose. If you guys are really adamant about the seats then switch them out for some race seats and let your airbag system remain deactivated.
Old 12-23-07, 07:26 PM
350ripper
Driver

i am a big dude, and i find the seats comfy. my old g35 was a different story, those were the most uncomfortable seats i have ever sat on
Old 12-23-07, 08:42 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
Sell your lexus and buy an audi or mercedes,or stop whining
co-signed.
Old 12-23-07, 08:52 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

yea i get *** cramps on long trips
Old 12-23-07, 09:25 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wolverine
yea i get *** cramps on long trips
well i think you would get *** cramps in any car...well that happens with me... my friends and i drive alot and far distances...porsches, mercedes, bmw, audi, infiniti, ect. arent any better for long distances...
Old 12-23-07, 09:41 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts

My seats are very comfortable and they fit me well, BUT the only thing that bothers me is the lack of thigh support.
Old 12-23-07, 09:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Originally Posted by Gtidan
Your kidding, right?

Either your a pinhead who is just trying to start something or an idiot who does not know how to adjust his seat or your a 'fat ***' who really needs two seats to fit you. Which is it? BTW: I've never seen nor heard of a Recaro seat having a heater/cooler feature but I could be wrong. Just saying I've never seen nor heard of one.

As for the heater/cooler feature. My seats will toast your butt or turn your cheeks to ice in a matter of minutes.
gfi dan like I said I am 6"2' 220 pounds, i am in good shape. I could probably kick your butt while getting serviced (verbiaged used as not to offend anyone) by your girlfriend.
The regular seats in audi, mercedes and bmw are more supportive than the IS. I wasn't comparing recAros and amg seats with this car, but simply stating how great they are.

This thread is closed.