IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Flat Tire Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-07, 06:51 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat Tire Issues...

hmm, well about a month ago i put on Motegi DV5 wheels with a new set of tires (the brand and model actually slip my mind about now) everythings been going fine, until today i noticed my front left tire is VERY low.. so no big deal, i drive to the gas station, (50 mph winds today, torrential downpours... not the ideal day to put air in your tires outside) and get the pressure gauge.. my front left tire is at 20 psi =(, so i go to fill.. and the air hose isnt working. I try to fill my other tires, and the air goes through and works fine.. i go back to the flat tire, and connect it and nothing goes. I feel like a dumbass and go inside and make the guy come out in the poor weather to try and help, and he cant get it done. he puts on different adaptors to the air hose, again and again, no luck. now im confused because only 1 of the 4 wheels cant take the air.. must be that one wheel right?

i jack the car up to put the spare on, bcuz i didnt want to damage the rim by any chance, and a guy comes up behind me and asks if he can borrow the air hose (which i still had).. he goes to his car, and the hose doesnt work for any of his four tires

now im confused at whether its a faulty air hose at the gas station, since it didnt work on one of my tires, and 4 of this other guys stock tires, or if its my front left wheel. since they are aftermarket and new, and of course when i try stuff like that it always goes wrong =)

Tomorrow i'm going to a different station and trying to fill the tire with air, and if no luck i'll be taking it to Mavis.. but im concerned that its something to do with the valve for that specific tire... any ideas or thoughts?

i scanned the tire, and couldnt find any nails,screws, or cracks or any obvious leaks. the sidewalls of the tires are clean, and so are the rims. i dont recall hitting any potholes, or serious road conditions, but since the tire has been off the car, it feels like its lost even more psi (i can push down with hardly any effort and the rubber goes right to the metal)
Old 12-23-07, 06:56 PM
Scottina08
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the bead could have not been set good. Take it back to the shop that installed them.