IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Door locks..how do I....

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-07, 10:28 AM
andyboy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door locks..how do I....

Turn off the auto door unlock when placing car in park? The service guy told me how to do this but I forgot and I def. don't want to pay someone to do it if I can do it myself. Anyone know??

Edit: I want the doors to stay lock when I place the car in park..

Last edited by andyboy; 12-24-07 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-24-07, 10:51 AM
tshek
Pole Position

i want to find out how to set it when the car hit 13 mph will lock too...
Old 12-24-07, 11:05 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by andyboy
Turn off the auto door unlock when placing car in park? The service guy told me how to do this but I forgot and I def. don't want to pay someone to do it if I can do it myself. Anyone know??

It's an Lexus Personal Setting. The dealer has to set it. See attached sheet
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IS_LPS_PG 2.pdf (31.1 KB, 209 views)
Old 12-24-07, 12:54 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

we have computers called techstreams at work.. you have to turn it off with that.. you can also turn off your drls that way too.. so if a dealer says they cant do it.. BS cause i work there lol
Old 12-24-07, 12:57 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tshek
i want to find out how to set it when the car hit 13 mph will lock too...
Manual tranny only. The auto's will do it when you shift out of park.
Old 12-24-07, 01:09 PM
tshek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Irishman06
Manual tranny only. The auto's will do it when you shift out of park.
according to the LPS sheet said MT default setting is lock when it hit 13mph, AT default is not lock but is an option to lock automatically. I just wonder can I do it myself so I don't need to run to the dealer.
Old 12-24-07, 01:11 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tshek
according to the LPS sheet said MT default setting is lock when it hit 13mph, AT default is not lock but is an option to lock automatically. I just wonder can I do it myself so I don't need to run to the dealer.
Not unless you have one of the $6500 TIS/Techstream laptops.
Old 12-24-07, 01:18 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

You can not do it your self...

You will need a Lexus hand held computer called the TIS/Techstream

Old 12-24-07, 01:20 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by M1sTa801
we have computers called techstreams at work.. you have to turn it off with that.. you can also turn off your drls that way too.. so if a dealer says they cant do it.. BS cause i work there lol
Will this device unlock the Rear Camera grayed out box in the Tech Service Selection Menu ?

Joe Z
Old 12-24-07, 01:29 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this question has been asked before and i can tell you that you will get a whole bunch of answers pointing you to lps and that may be the case, but....

here's the correct answer for the 2006 is350, my car.

when i come to a rolling stop with my doors locked, i put my car in park. my doors do not unlock. to me, it is unsafe to unlock the doors simply by putting to car into park. to me, the doors should unlock only when....i unlock the doors myself. can't imagine pulling into a parking space and then unlocking all the doors for anyone to just jump in.

after i turn off my car, i can open the driver's door in just a few seconds by pulling the interior door handle (like you pretty much have to do anyway) and not only will the driver's door unlock, but also all doors will unlock. if i wait just a few seconds more instead of doing this right away, only the driver's door will unlock, all the other doors will remain locked. iow, i pause or hesitate for a second and remain secure.

my car hasn't always been this way, it came from the factory/dealership setup another way.

i did not get this done thru the lps settings, i have never had my lps settings reviewed or adjusted by the dealership. i made this change myself, at home, in my garage...a few years ago. so i don't remember exactly how i did it, all i can remember is i had to use the owner's manual plus the help from this forum (regarding timing issues).

ymmw. i'm not sure what 2007 and 2008 does but i can't imagine them being much different. lps settings may indeed be an option so again, ymmv.
Old 12-24-07, 01:59 PM
andyboy
Lead Lap

The guy told me that I can have the car in the on position (not engine on) and while standing outside the door I press both the unlock and lock button on the remote...and I forgot what else he said.
Old 12-24-07, 04:09 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

The guy told me that I can have the car in the on position (not engine on) and while standing outside the door I press both the unlock and lock button on the remote...and I forgot what else he said.
i believe that this is for the remote when you put your hand on the door handle you can use this method to open either the drivers door by itself or the drivers door and the passenger doors or all four doors.. this doesnt do anything about unlocking any of the doors when placing the gear back in park
Old 12-24-07, 04:14 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Will this device unlock the Rear Camera grayed out box in the Tech Service Selection Menu ?

Joe Z
rear camera grayed out box???
Old 12-24-07, 09:09 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

To each their own depending on personal circumstances, but I had all the locking nannies disabled. If I use the remote to unlock the doors ALL doors open with one push, when I use the door handle ALL doors unlock, doors do not lock at all when I shift into park or hit 13mph. I want control on when and where to lock the doors. I live in small town and rarely venture into the big city, so that's how I want them set up. I suppose if I lived in a larger city I might think different.
Old 12-25-07, 08:34 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

you can do it yourself.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=26

Quick Reply: Door locks..how do I....