IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250/IS350 price check thread (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 10:46 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suggest going with the 2006 IS 350. If you can get the price down to the low $20's that would be an awesome deal. 35k miles is pretty average for the age of the car. I think its worth it especially with all the bonus add ons. I would go for it ... especially if you can knock down a few bucks. Would be an added bonus if the car is certified.
Old 07-13-09, 12:45 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zinda
I have a coin holder?
I find the sunglasses holder to be much more useful.
Old 07-13-09, 03:17 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

i am going to mod my car to something like this
[img=http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3084/img0140h.th.jpg]

anyone know where they sell those kind of mirrors?

anyways we got around 4 votes for IS 350, 1 vote for brand new IS 350, 1 vote for IS 250???
Old 07-13-09, 03:30 PM
leescape
Driver

Let me ask you this. If you get enough votes for a brand new IS350, are you able to buy one? If so, then it's a no brainer. Otherwise, why are you even including it in your poll?
Old 07-13-09, 04:10 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

haha maybe i miscounted? i typed that in a hurry. sry

yes i been thinking about getting a brand new IS 350, but the dealer's price is way too high, i don't think its worth it and clearly they were trying to rip me off. their salesman even told me " sorry this is the last IS 350 we have, so my manager is going to raise the price on the last one we have, we can not offer you a better price". and the price they offered me is around 44,500 ( can't remember the exact price they offered me but its around there) and it was a luxury package with navigation , NO Mark levinson and NO rear spoiler.

so far YES i been thinking getting a 2006 or maybe even a 2007 lexus is 350
Old 07-13-09, 07:32 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

if you don't have the budget for a brand new is350, why bother looking for one? makes no sense to sit in negotiations trying to lowball the dealer when it's obvious that you can't afford their asking price.

imo, this really shouldn't be as hard as you're making it out to be.

slightly off-topic, but i am not a fan of the exterior cosmetic "improvements" for MY2009 - especially the tail lights.
Old 07-13-09, 10:10 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
if you don't have the budget for a brand new is350, why bother looking for one? makes no sense to sit in negotiations trying to lowball the dealer when it's obvious that you can't afford their asking price.

imo, this really shouldn't be as hard as you're making it out to be.

slightly off-topic, but i am not a fan of the exterior cosmetic "improvements" for MY2009 - especially the tail lights.
Thank you.

Someboy, you are making this way too difficult. Stick with what you can afford, which is obviously the used is350.
Old 07-13-09, 10:11 PM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

Get the 350!!! try to get to down to 24000 out the door i think that will be good haha play some games with the dealer
Old 07-13-09, 10:45 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

i keep telling you guys, YES i do have the budget for a brand NEW IS 350, however i feel like i am being ripped off due to the brand new doesn't have a mark levinson sound system and it is their LAST 2009 IS 350, so they won't lower the price for me.

as a member stated, he got his ( believe it was 2007 ) brand new IS 350 with mark levinson with 42k out of the door. now it is a recession i should pay even less with a model that doesn't even have the premium sound system.

hope you understand my concern here. what is call low balling? i am simply asking for a reasonable reason, as from what their saleman told me, et me summarize his meant, "it is our last car, due to that reason my manager is going to rip you off, no point of any further negotiation, hope you can consider the price ". if you consider that "low balling", let me ask you a question. are you happy ripping yourself off just to look good in front of other people? if you are extremely rich, then i have nothing to say.

since the member got his brand new 2007 IS 350 with luxury, navigation and ML for 42k out the door, i will be happy with the price if they give me 41k or 40,500, considering we are still in recession and 2010 IS C is already here, and the car has no ML and NO spoiler. always consider is the price they are giving you reasonable. instead of trying to look good and be like i got cash here have some! why not save the extra 1 - 4k, spend it on yourself? spend it on your family? buy your gf/wife something expensive? spend it on MODs on your car !

if you don't think the dealers are ripping people off, go type in the zip code 94015 and you will see some dealers are selling a used 2006 IS 350 for as much as 35k !!!!!! they are only equipped with luxury package with navigation thats all !!!! you think that price is reasonable? even for a luxury car like this? from what i am seeing, some have their post up for over 1 - 2 some even 3 monthes and nobody is buying it ! because its a RIP OFFFFF!!!
try autotrader, try craigslist, you will find some very good examples.

yes i agree the 2009 tail light is not as attractive as the 2008 model, also part of the reason stopping me from buying it.

also, for a brand new 2009 IS 350, my insurance company is going to charge me 1.7k half a year! can i afford it ?yes!!! do i really want to pay that much? NO!!

so far i have been convinced on buying a USed IS 350. hope you guys can understand my concern.

did i tell you guys it took my mom over 6 trips to the dealer in order for them to give her the 38,000 out of the door deal on her 2009 RX 350 ?( she didn't like the 2010) she saved over 6000 and not even counting the government taxes!!!!! image what everybody can do with their spare 6000 dollars? did you know how angry her friend was when she told him she got it for 38,000 and her friend got it for 42,000? her friend was furious ! he was all like " what !!!!! how you got it for 38,000 !!!!!! how you manage to buy it for that lower, dammm i wasted 4k !!!?" YEAH you can say my mom " low balled " the dealer!!!!! and kicked them in the ***** too

Last edited by someboy; 07-13-09 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-13-09, 11:17 PM
djrobsd
Rookie

Go for the used IS350, you won't look back. I just picked up a 2006 IS350 with 46k miles, Nav, Premium, Levinson, for $24,900 + T&L, and I love it. Only thing that I hate is the seat squeak, but it's still under warranty so I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow.
Old 07-13-09, 11:52 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the more i read your posts, the more i think, "are you even reading what the rest of us are posting, or is this a case of a 'gotta-have-it' tunnel vision?"

have you thought about going to other nearby/not so nearby lexus dealerships? you live in the bay area, and there should be more than that one you visited. hell, i drove all over LA and orange county (and even into the inland empire) when i was car shopping. to repeat, you'll be better off having more options on the table than having just one.

fyi, reasons such as "the economy sucks," "demand is low," "it's the only is350 they've got," "it's not even fully equipped," "another member got a fully loaded for cheap," etc., has little to nothing to do with the dealership's pricing and willingness to sell the car. as such, it means that you won't get a deal. the dealership does not have to - and obviously by now, won't - give in during negotiations, and can choose to price the car whichever way they choose. playing hardball and - again - trying to lowball the dealer over and over again will make you look not only cheap but annoying.

btw, reciting how your mom got a deal on the rx does not apply in this case. the RX may have a lower margin, but as lexus sells them in higher quantities dealerships can afford to sell them for less - and still make money on them (read: economies of scale). due to the relative exclusivity and limited availability of the is350, they're going to do as much as they can to make as much money on them as much as possible.

if you don't want to buy the car at their asking price, and they don't want to sell you the car at your asking price, isn't it already obvious that IT IS NOT GOING TO WORK? really, it's time to move on.

another thing: as you're set on an is350, expect to pay higher insurance rates. just like the price of the car, if you want to play, you've got to pay. same goes for maintaining and modding the is350. so to repeat, "if you want to play, you've got to pay."

finally, and i repeat, this really shouldn't be as hard as you're making it out to be. the only person giving you a hard time is you. expand your options, keep looking, and sooner or later you'll finally find "that" is350.
Old 07-14-09, 10:37 AM
isFiend
Rookie

Yeah honestly it doesn't seem like you can afford a brand new 350 in your area. I say save yourself the trouble and time and get the '06 350 whenever you can

Based on the options you want, a reasonable price to pay for an IS 350 with luxury package, navigation and no ML before tax, title, and license is $38,814. That's what most people are paying in your area.

Tax alone is at least 6% in most cases (more like 6.5%-7.5%). Adding only 6% tax brings the price with tax up to $41,100 already. Add title/license onto that, and a $42,000 OTD price is just not unreasonable at all like you make it sound.

Unfortunately, given that $42k OTD is pretty much spot on (maybe even a slightly better bargain) in terms of what most people are paying in your area, I don't think you'll be able to afford this car because the dealers don't really have a great reason to sell it below the TMV price when others are willing to pay.
Old 07-14-09, 03:03 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

okay just because i don't want to pay that much for the LAST brand new white on black IS 350 in the bay area. so that automatically makes me poor and can't afford it. okay!!

as you stated, "Based on the options you want, a reasonable price to pay for an IS 350 with luxury package, navigation and no ML before tax, title, and license is $38,814". i have no problem with that price + tax out the door.

okay i went into the dealer again, just to get the number right

the MSRP for a 2009 IS 350, luxury package with navigation NO ML, No spoiler, is estimated 43k, they are giving me 1k discount === 42k + government tax. you do the math.

yeah just because i don't want to pay that much automatically makes me unable to afford it. thanks i am offended

Last edited by someboy; 07-14-09 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-14-09, 03:10 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha, knew you was in the bay area, white on black is super rare. I wanted that combo too but settled for SGM cause it was the only one in the bay with the options I like and also had to settle for grey interior unless I wanted to special order for everything I wanted which I wish I did but overall I love my color combo still and options. GL finding one...but you'll probably find a lot of 250 with that combo btw
Old 07-14-09, 03:18 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

thank you ! yeah i found a lot of IS 250 that has the options i wanted, not much for IS 350 though XD

Quick Reply: IS250/IS350 price check thread (merged threads)