IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250/IS350 price check thread (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 02:26 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by teeder27
I would think that a price quote would be good for 30 days, not several months.
I dont think you are understand what I mean. Ofcourse prices quote are not good forever. Don't you see how much the others paid for their car.
Old 07-23-09, 03:51 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...msrp-poll.html

Check that thread out if you want to know what kind of deals others are getting. Little dated but still some pricing info.

Last edited by 92 SC400; 07-23-09 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 07:49 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...msrp-poll.html

Check that thread out if you want to know what kind of deals others are getting. Little dated but still some pricing info.
Thanks! I just gonna wait around to see if I can get a good deal. I really don't want spend 14kplus to upgrade. Thanks everybody!
Old 07-23-09, 08:50 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he is ripping you off !!!
Old 07-24-09, 08:57 AM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by someboy
he is ripping you off !!!
Thanks. I think he is. But someone in here think that's the decent price. uhmm. Mind as well wait for 2010 in 2 more month. Hate to wait tho. I can't even get the color that I wanted.
Old 07-24-09, 10:03 AM
tmaung
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with a used one in this economy. First chance you find a used car to your specs, don't hesitate and pay close to or under the private value in edmunds.com . Just save your money for a 3IS instead of taking a huge hit twice on buying two new cars. I found my IS350 and my M3 that way and saved over 35% on both cars with them being only 1 year old.
Old 08-08-09, 12:55 PM
kl323
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Good deal or no for 09 IS 350?

For those of you who remember, I originally wanted an IS350 Black Sapphire/black leather fully loaded.. (no ML)

The dealer told me he'd try his hardest to get it for me. So I accepted his offer. The car was priced at $41131.50. My trade-in was appraised at $7200. After all the applicable fees and taxes, my OTD price (after taking into account my trade-in) was $37010.42.

A week has passed since. Since they can't find my color, they are willing to toss in the spoiler for free. I told them that I wanted the alarm system and extended warranty tossed in. They won't budge. They are willing to only offer a 10% discount on the alarm and $200 off the warranty. When they tell me that they are tossing in the spoiler, I wasn't all that impressed because MOST, if not all, fully loaded cars already have the lip spoiler pre-installed. I called other dealers only to realize that most cars with navigation systems install will have the lip installed already.

But all in all, how do those numbers look? The salesman refuses to budge. The general manager ended up being the person to call me to convince me that that is the best they could do.

Should I just give up and wait for the 2010? I heard the MSRP is going up and the IS350 will be harder to find...
Old 08-08-09, 12:59 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

uh theres no way i would expect to get an extended warranty and alarm for free. thats pretty unreasonable.
Old 08-08-09, 01:05 PM
kl323
Intermediate

I know, I'm starting low to see what their counter offer is.

But in the end, I wonder if I'm still paying too much for the car that is probably "outdated" considering the 2010 is probably coming out in the next 2 months.
Old 08-08-09, 01:07 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

The 2010 doesn't bring anything radical. I think the most important difference is blue tooth comes standard on all models, that's about it.

The 06-08 to 09 transition was probably more "radical" than the 09 to 10 transition will be., and 06-08 to 09 wasn't radical at all lol. Just a few aesthetic changes
Old 08-08-09, 01:08 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

i bought my 2008 july 31 last year. so roughly same time when the next model year was rolling out. my msrp was 45k. i got the car for invoice + 300 or around 39.8. so your price seems high. however back then there were a lot of 2008s on the lot left before the 2009s were released which caused them to delay the release of the 2009 model. supposedly car dealers do not have much inventory on hand currently so prices may not be as low.
Old 08-08-09, 07:20 PM
kl323
Intermediate

soupdawg, I also think its because you are in cali. I'm from NY, the 350 is a rare commodity here lol

------

On the Lexus site, this is the package they allow me to add with my zip code:

Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth®Technology with Additional Options $5,095.00
Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth®Technology
Additional Options:
- Bi-Xenon™ High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Premium Package
- 18-in alloy wheels with all-season tires

I only see premium and no luxury package. The dealer said I would still be getting the luxury package items in the car (memory seat, electric steering wheel, etc). Would I also be getting the power rear sunshade?

From what I've read, anytime you get memory seats, the car has the luxury package...Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!
Old 08-08-09, 07:51 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kl323
soupdawg, I also think its because you are in cali. I'm from NY, the 350 is a rare commodity here lol

------

On the Lexus site, this is the package they allow me to add with my zip code:

Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth®Technology with Additional Options $5,095.00
Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth®Technology
Additional Options:
- Bi-Xenon™ High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Premium Package
- 18-in alloy wheels with all-season tires

I only see premium and no luxury package. The dealer said I would still be getting the luxury package items in the car (memory seat, electric steering wheel, etc). Would I also be getting the power rear sunshade?

From what I've read, anytime you get memory seats, the car has the luxury package...Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!
Hey man!
I just recieved your msg. I was on the same boat as you trying to purchase a 2009 is350 black/black interior. It took about a month for the salesman to locate a car since the black/black interior (is350) is so rare to find. Almost had to wait 4-6 months to get it shipped from japan. In fact, the only 2009 is350 that is present in philadelphia is I lol=0. The car comes with everything that you listed except the rear sunshades. I believe watching a youtube video, that option is available in foreign countries and not in the states. Also, the spoiler comes with the navigation package / luxury package so hes toying with you. But after I read your post, I never knew that electric steering wheels is in the luxury package. I always have to adjust the steering wheel by hand. Gonna have to call the dealer! If you have any questions than ask me but im not a pro since this is my first is350 purchase too =P.
Old 08-08-09, 08:24 PM
kl323
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KangstaxD
Hey man!
I just recieved your msg. I was on the same boat as you trying to purchase a 2009 is350 black/black interior. It took about a month for the salesman to locate a car since the black/black interior (is350) is so rare to find. Almost had to wait 4-6 months to get it shipped from japan. In fact, the only 2009 is350 that is present in philadelphia is I lol=0. The car comes with everything that you listed except the rear sunshades. I believe watching a youtube video, that option is available in foreign countries and not in the states. Also, the spoiler comes with the navigation package / luxury package so hes toying with you. But after I read your post, I never knew that electric steering wheels is in the luxury package. I always have to adjust the steering wheel by hand. Gonna have to call the dealer! If you have any questions than ask me but im not a pro since this is my first is350 purchase too =P.
Hey thanks for the reply. I'm SURE the rear shade is available in the US. I've seen it in my test drive car.

But you're right. I think he is toying with me. When I was researching the 250 AWD, the dealers told me that the vehicles with navigation will come fully loaded, which means spoilers are included (as they come installed from Japan).

But can anyone verify this? If he is in fact toying with me, I really don't want to do business with him. I'm on the verge of giving him the okay. The 350 is hard to come by, which makes it really difficult for me to say no. The dealer has more leverage than I...
Old 08-08-09, 10:27 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

honestly, pass on it....they can do better on the price and i think you're right about the spoiler. I would wait for the 2010 even if it's just because you work with someone who isn't going to lie to you about something as stupid as the spoiler...go to a better dealership

Quick Reply: IS250/IS350 price check thread (merged threads)