IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

do you think i can beat him??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-08, 10:59 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My good buddy has a new m5 and ya my 350 was a spec in his rear view mirror, it was fun though..once he hit 3rd gear it was over for me
Old 01-02-08, 11:24 AM
jimmyjazz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10 pistons can make that happen.
Old 01-02-08, 10:17 PM
NGG
Pole Position

Default Street racing

Five pages seemingly supportive of street racing. What's wrong with this picture. I guess those of youth and those who want to do their "own thing" will bray "its our right". Hopefully time and maturity will set in. In the big scheme of things none of this is really important, in fact it is downright irresponsible as it places at risk innocent bystanders, whether of physical proximity or those not involved, whose insurance rates will increase because of the selfish wishes of a few immature drivers who wish to boast that they "best" another. Sick and selfish in the true meaning of the words.
Old 01-02-08, 10:48 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NGG
Five pages seemingly supportive of street racing. What's wrong with this picture. I guess those of youth and those who want to do their "own thing" will bray "its our right". Hopefully time and maturity will set in. In the big scheme of things none of this is really important, in fact it is downright irresponsible as it places at risk innocent bystanders, whether of physical proximity or those not involved, whose insurance rates will increase because of the selfish wishes of a few immature drivers who wish to boast that they "best" another. Sick and selfish in the true meaning of the words.
well if u wreck while drive a maximum of 85 to 90 mph in a straight line.. ur a moron and shouldnt be driving in the first place... this race was taken place on a road where no other people were around nor could they be with the road blocked by a friends car just in case
Old 01-02-08, 11:01 PM
350ripper
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they were not street racing, they found an abandoned stretch of road and drove at speed slower than the speed of traffic on most interstates. it isn't as if they drove through a school yard
Old 01-03-08, 01:36 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NGG
NGG, i remember you flaming me in my thread. Are you like 60 years old or something? Do you normally speak like that Or are you trying to act like a grammar professor? His empty road is like a track. He said he had a car blocking the only entrance and he should be familiar with the roads since it's his home area. It's more likely that people racing on the track will hit something or someone than lextasy and his buddy.

Me on the other hand admit to 'street racing'. But my new years resolution is to slow it down to 50 mph locally..haha...i lowered it to speed limit -_-. So NGG is you want flame me go ahead, cuz flaming a perfectly safe environment will get you flamed.
Old 01-03-08, 01:44 AM
Wests
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NGG
QQ....................
Old 01-03-08, 02:16 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Less QQ more PEWPEW? XD
Old 01-03-08, 11:00 PM
NGG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by igofast
NGG, i remember you flaming me in my thread. Are you like 60 years old or something? Do you normally speak like that Or are you trying to act like a grammar professor? His empty road is like a track. He said he had a car blocking the only entrance and he should be familiar with the roads since it's his home area. It's more likely that people racing on the track will hit something or someone than lextasy and his buddy.

Me on the other hand admit to 'street racing'. But my new years resolution is to slow it down to 50 mph locally..haha...i lowered it to speed limit -_-. So NGG is you want flame me go ahead, cuz flaming a perfectly safe environment will get you flamed.
Oh how easy it is to wind you of youth up. My comments were addressed to street racing in general, even though this thread referenced a "controlled" public road. That in itself is selfish...appropriating public property for private use..ah well just another proof of the thoughtlessness of the participants.

And to you Igofast, I am not a grammer professor, just someone who was educated to express himself articulately so there is little chance of miscommunication. You are however, directionally correct on your guess as to my age. I am actually 65, a proud owner of an IS350, other past high performance cars and the victim of youthful indescretion of street racing (with scars to prove it). Additionally, I suspect that your stated New Year's resolutions will prove temporary at best. Whatever you do, stay safe......you seem to have a good sense of humor.
Old 01-04-08, 05:57 AM
Collins
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
Hey guys.. i got some buddies with some pretty quick cars and i've shown them all whose boss except one..

theres a 07' stock 350z auto.. i beat him BADDD from any speed

theres a 07" Mustang GT cali edition.5 speed. and he can drive very good..with just an exhaust.. i ve always beat him by a car or two by 80mph.. today i raced him with my traction disable with the pedal dance and just destroyed him.. off the line everytime.. and just kept pulling hard all the way till 100 when i was probably a bus in front of him

tomorrow im racing my buddy who has a 2001 M5... he also is a very good driver.. his car is stock.. but he keps telling me hes gonna spank me...

what do u guys think?? ..

oh also he just got new tires today.. not sure if that will change anything..
Grow up.....
Old 01-04-08, 06:27 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NGG
Oh how easy it is to wind you of youth up. My comments were addressed to street racing in general, even though this thread referenced a "controlled" public road. That in itself is selfish...appropriating public property for private use..ah well just another proof of the thoughtlessness of the participants.
Sounds to me like this road is probably still private. Cities won't accept the financial burdon of a road until a development is fairly well established. If this property is just now starting to be built up, the roads are probably still privately owned and maintained by the developer. I believe the only crime here was possibly criminal mischief or trespassing.
Old 01-04-08, 06:33 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Gernby......SHHH!!! If you make his moral high horse out to be more of a donkey.....you might hurt his feelings.
Old 01-04-08, 06:45 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
Gernby......SHHH!!! If you make his moral high horse out to be more of a donkey.....you might hurt his feelings.
That wasn't really my intent. I'm not really a fan of street racing either. I just think that this particular race was about as safe and publicly responsible as street racing can be.
Old 01-04-08, 06:55 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

If my hunch is correct, the topic is irrelevant. I know the type; some people just love to judge. Deep down, they don't want to...but they cannot help it. It is a neurotic addiction.

My thoughts about street racing aside, I am also glad that it was conducted in as safe a manner as possible.
Old 01-04-08, 08:34 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Collins
Grow up.....
oh ok.. I sure hope when im at your age.. "30 years from now" I can be as mature and awesome as you...

Quick Reply: do you think i can beat him??