IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

do you think i can beat him??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 11:01 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gotta love the street racing posts! never fails to get everyone riled up. so did thsi race happen or not? i skipped page 2-5, looked like a bunch of bs.
edit: never mind, i decided to go back and look at those pages.
turns out like it thought it would.
be careful out there.
Old 01-04-08, 11:12 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NGG
I am actually 65, a proud owner of an IS350, other past high performance cars and the victim of youthful indescretion of street racing (with scars to prove it). Additionally, I suspect that your stated New Year's resolutions will prove temporary at best. Whatever you do, stay safe......you seem to have a good sense of humor.
Well the people that caused you to be victimized should be the blame. If lextasy and his friends made sure the road is safe and that the public does not enter the road it should be safe enough to do a couple of runs. They made sure everything is safe before doing so it's all good.

Just wondering NGG, how fast do you drive your is350? Such a fast car, but driven at such a slow rate, i feel sorry that the car will never live to see 45000RPM @ 65 MPH...

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
oh ok.. I sure hope when im at your age.. "30 years from now" I can be as mature and awesome as you...
AHA.+1 Maybe we are the ones done growing up and s/he is still trying to get there..
Old 01-04-08, 01:48 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NGG
And to you Igofast, I am not a grammer professor, just someone who was educated to express himself articulately so there is little chance of miscommunication.
NGG, I would step down from your high and mighty horse or get the money back for your so-called education. Any high school student knows it's Grammar and not Grammer professor. Really sad considering all PHP forums have built in spell check enabled by default.

Granted the original poster is probably some dorky kid with a fast car(i am taking a wild guess at this based on how he responds every thread that has ever been posted since he has joined), his subject isn't misleading. With a title as "do you think I can beat him" we pretty much know what the article is going to be about. Cut the kid a break. He seemed to be relatively safe about his racing.

OK i am done, and love you all.

Last edited by combfilter; 01-04-08 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-04-08, 02:31 PM
Collins
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh ok.. I sure hope when im at your age.. "30 years from now" I can be as mature and awesome as you...
I doubt it....
Old 01-04-08, 02:52 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

comb- haha "some dorky kid"..NO!! more like some movie star!! was on the news today for the second year in a row working out at lifetime fitness woo woo!! lol

oh and collins.. you are so much better than me at life right? Im 18 years old and just today opened an account with Scottrade. How many kids do you know that started out investing at age 18?? I bet you were so grown up huh?

Last edited by Lextasy89; 01-04-08 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-04-08, 02:53 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

but maybe this thread should be closed since the main point is no longer being discussed
Old 01-04-08, 02:56 PM
thisisj0
Driver

real men dont talk about how much money they have no matter how old they are. especially online.
Old 01-04-08, 02:56 PM
truoutkast
Pole Position

"it's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car"
Old 01-04-08, 03:00 PM
thisisj0
Driver

haha trueoutkast your future mod will def. hands down provide the most gains.
Old 01-04-08, 03:08 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Let's get back to the original topic..... were you able to get video of the race?
Old 01-04-08, 03:13 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

well we had planned to take a video as soon as i got my exhaust on..
my exhaust wont be built until monday and i have to drive back to school on tuesday.. so i will have to call my friend and ask if we could meet up tuesday morning and make it happen
Old 01-04-08, 03:49 PM
NGG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by combfilter
NGG, I would step down from your high and mighty horse or get the money back for your so-called education. Any high school student knows it's Grammar and not Grammer professor. Really sad considering all PHP forums have built in spell check enabled by default.

OK i am done, and love you all.
Combfilter, your post made me think...something I can't remember doing in a long while....seems the neurons were misreading the pathways and the synapses misfiring. Did I get all that spelt right? Not sure, as this depleted brain can only do one thing at a time.(Remember brain cells start to die some time in our teens, so mine must be close to being depleted). Anyway here are some of the more cogent thoughts that took hours to dribble out and be keyed in...hopefully in understandable language. (Might get lucky and it will be English).

Three things: my English education was free...high school and business experience.(Seems I got what I paid for). Second, I guess no one else has ever hit a wrong key.(Maybe I can blame the magnifying glass or the cataracts). And thirdly spell check is not enabled...maybe because of my advanced age I am techno challenged. Hey, from the tone of some of these posts, I am in my dotage and slowly shuffling off into the dwindling sunset as I have been commanded not to ride my "high and mighty horse".

Stay safe and enjoy your IS, as I do mine.
Old 01-04-08, 04:07 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

comb- haha "some dorky kid"..NO!! more like some movie star!! was on the news today for the second year in a row working out at lifetime fitness woo woo!! lol
Im 18 years old and just today opened an account with Scottrade. How many kids do you know that started out investing at age 18?? I bet you were so grown up huh?
I rest my case
Old 01-04-08, 04:09 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

ya ya whatever.. maybe not old like everyone else
BUT NOT DORKY!! far from it!
Old 01-04-08, 04:58 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Wait, we're not talking about a foot race?

Quick Reply: do you think i can beat him??