IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250AWD hit by someone who ran a red, crashed into pole, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-08, 07:35 AM
Scottina08
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so sorry and glad you are ok. Car is not so lucky though. I say time for a new 08!
Old 01-03-08, 07:52 AM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

Another totalled 2GIS... Sorry to see this and glad the car held you in place. Safety 1st!

-Mike
Old 01-03-08, 07:53 AM
tshek
Pole Position

I am glad that you can safely get out the car and take picture. Man, if this is an Civic or something, you might be in the ER already.

I hope your car is total......
Old 01-03-08, 02:35 PM
burnabykid
Pole Position

what intersection is this? glad your ok! i just got my bumper fixed at Vieta, wicked job good service, but i guess it depends on where abouts you live. good luck dealing with ICBC, hopefully they'll let you write off your car, and hopefully you paid that clause in your insurance that gives you full value for your car.
Old 01-03-08, 03:10 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

OUCH! It hurts to look at all these crashed IS pictures lately. Why is it so many people are getting into accidents with the IS?

Thank God for airbags.
Old 01-03-08, 03:39 PM
Kayo
Rookie

Amazing! That guy must have been cruising. Thank god your ok! If my new lexus was totaled like that we'd be talking new car.

Unbelievable
Old 01-03-08, 03:49 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

OMG! that one is totalled....

Glad that you are ok....like I said.... cars are replaceable while drivers can't

PUSH ICBC to get you a check so you can get another IS !
Old 01-03-08, 06:23 PM
Katsumi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeez! Good thing your okay! If thats from after the collision i'd hate to see the side he smacked you on!
Old 01-03-08, 06:44 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
OUCH! It hurts to look at all these crashed IS pictures lately. Why is it so many people are getting into accidents with the IS?

Thank God for airbags.
because IS drivers are always first to the light! so they get hit by red light runners and silly U-turners. AND rear ended by people approaching the light! simple!

did you have any injury? looks bad! where did the other car hit you? front and rear look good!
Old 01-03-08, 07:18 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

Totaled, awesome that you're ok considering the amount of damage. Time to take the insurance check and upgrade to an 08!
Old 01-03-08, 07:58 PM
ViEtNaStEe
Driver

Pretty much totaled. Glad you're okay though.
Old 01-03-08, 08:35 PM
treestub
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexyIS350
Just the fact that you writing to us, is a testimony on Lexus great safety protection. Where that beam hitted the door would've been pretty bad on your face if it wasn't for the side curtain airbags. Like everyone else said, that looks totaled. Did the other person have insurance?
Yes I agree.. Without the side curtain, my head would've went straight through the window and into the pole. I never actually saw the other person, so don't know about his insurance. I stayed inside my car until the fireman helped me out through the passenger side, and stayed inside the ambulance to have the medics check me out. When I got out, other driver already left (after talking to the cops I was told).
Old 01-03-08, 08:39 PM
treestub
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by burnabykid
what intersection is this? glad your ok! i just got my bumper fixed at Vieta, wicked job good service, but i guess it depends on where abouts you live. good luck dealing with ICBC, hopefully they'll let you write off your car, and hopefully you paid that clause in your insurance that gives you full value for your car.
It's at Burrard and Broadway. I heard about Vieta, but those guys are pretty busy. Someone recommended Fraserview Collisions to have my car damages estimated there... I'll probably hear back from them tomorrow...
Old 01-03-08, 08:43 PM
treestub
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hapaboy
because IS drivers are always first to the light! so they get hit by red light runners and silly U-turners. AND rear ended by people approaching the light! simple!

did you have any injury? looks bad! where did the other car hit you? front and rear look good!
I got bruised hand, thigh, sore neck, back, etc etc.. Got hit in the rear passenger side... here's another pic...
Attached Thumbnails IS250AWD hit by someone who ran a red, crashed into pole, need advice-lexus-is250-crash-03-smalla.jpg  
Old 01-03-08, 09:15 PM
Katsumi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Car's done, but all and all she held up pretty darn well for what she went through! Sister rolled my ole' Civic in the Okanagan and it didn't have a single peice on it that wasn't damaged. Good luck dealing with ICBC. I've heard it can be troublesome.

Quick Reply: IS250AWD hit by someone who ran a red, crashed into pole, need advice