IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Problems with a dealership what do i do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-08 | 03:43 PM
360LexusEs
Driver

The point is you don't call people back to pick up a car when all the work is not done and in reply to this comment

[QUOTE]The bottom line here is that you expected too much from the dealer in fixing all the car’s problems. If you can’t now rescind the sale, I suggest you just move on and pay for repairs at your own expense, and chalk it up to a lesson well-learned./QUOTE]

Right. Pay for the repairs that were promised by the sales manager that makes sense, let it go that they caused an additional scratch to the car, yea no biggie, and I should let it go that they wasted my time by calling me up to the dealership 4 times without the work being done. That sounds about right, wow what was I thinking............
Old 01-06-08 | 07:16 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

You know after the fact, it's easy for us to say what you should have done. However, a good dealer either corrects any problem that was created at their cost, or isn't really that wonderful a dealer. My car once received a tiny dent in the door while it was in for service. They sent it out and had it fixed. In fact, one of the reasons I would recommend the dealer is they go out of their way to make sure everything is right. Whatever comes up they are there for me. I haven't had to ever go to Lexus corporate to complain because the dealer and its service department has always helped me. When I originally purchased the car they didn't have the cheapest price, but they were honest and have always stood by the product. It has been 9 years since I purchased my first Lexus there (I still have it) and have bought 2 more since then.
Old 01-23-08 | 09:41 AM
360LexusEs
Driver

Default Update

Ok so I finally did get my car back I must say, Lexus headquarters was VERY dissapointing, the manager over there I believe his name was sean wong was good at returning my phone call, but their customer service is just plain horrible. I filed a complaint on a friday, they told me that i would get a call within two business days, it took 5 Business days and the person handling my case never got back to me, on the fourth day I had to ask for her manager, in which on the 5th day he explained to me that they were in a transition period, and that the woman that was handling my case was being removed from the dept, a few of the reps (not all ) were very rude, telling me the "the girl had lost her voice" that is why she didnt call back. Now I don't know what type of Job anyone here is in, but as a former manager for an insurance company, if I was sick AND in the office, and i had a certain time frame to call someone back, I would either have a co-worker explain the situation and give an update as to what is going on, or hand it off to my manager, not give the customer B.S. excuses completely unprofessional on the part of Lexus. Her manager agreed. I proceeded to explain what happened for the 10th time, and he explained to me they could not financially reimburse me, but that he could make sure the job was done right, and that the car was ready by the time I went to pick it up. At this point there was not much else I could do, and i was fed up with the dealership, as well as lexus headquarters. When I picked the car up, it was mint, and the dealer apologized and agreed that their service dept handled everything poorly, he gave me two free oil changes in which they will drive to my house to pick up the car and drop off the loaner. I love my car, but I don't know if i would ever buy another Lexus, I think the deciding factor will be how this car hold's up. Anyhow she's finally home and now I can put all the BS behind me
Old 01-23-08 | 10:25 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

This is unfortunate and the tire situation is scary.
Old 01-23-08 | 10:28 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 360LexusEs
Ok so I finally did get my car back I must say, Lexus headquarters was VERY dissapointing, the manager over there I believe his name was sean wong was good at returning my phone call, but their customer service is just plain horrible. I filed a complaint on a friday, they told me that i would get a call within two business days, it took 5 Business days and the person handling my case never got back to me, on the fourth day I had to ask for her manager, in which on the 5th day he explained to me that they were in a transition period, and that the woman that was handling my case was being removed from the dept, a few of the reps (not all ) were very rude, telling me the "the girl had lost her voice" that is why she didnt call back. Now I don't know what type of Job anyone here is in, but as a former manager for an insurance company, if I was sick AND in the office, and i had a certain time frame to call someone back, I would either have a co-worker explain the situation and give an update as to what is going on, or hand it off to my manager, not give the customer B.S. excuses completely unprofessional on the part of Lexus. Her manager agreed. I proceeded to explain what happened for the 10th time, and he explained to me they could not financially reimburse me, but that he could make sure the job was done right, and that the car was ready by the time I went to pick it up. At this point there was not much else I could do, and i was fed up with the dealership, as well as lexus headquarters. When I picked the car up, it was mint, and the dealer apologized and agreed that their service dept handled everything poorly, he gave me two free oil changes in which they will drive to my house to pick up the car and drop off the loaner. I love my car, but I don't know if i would ever buy another Lexus, I think the deciding factor will be how this car hold's up. Anyhow she's finally home and now I can put all the BS behind me

I think you shouldn't rule out Lexus entirley, you should just choose another dealer. I had a bad experience with total dishonesty at McGrath Lexus in Westmont, IL and I will never return.
Old 01-23-08 | 10:32 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian231
This is unfortunate and the tire situation is scary.

I agree.That was outright bad,real bad.

360LexusEs,at least everything is ok now after all that hassle.
On one hand I would use another Lexus dealer for service.On the other hand the present dealer may treat you like gold because of the past issues.
Old 01-23-08 | 11:44 AM
Toptier
Pole Position

glad to hear everything turned out ok