IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: So what do you think?
Great offer
15.38%
Decent offer
42.31%
Pretty bad offer, wait (post why)
3.85%
You can do much better (post why)
15.38%
Go for an '07 328xi instead...
23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

How does this offer sound?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 10:56 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had sent messages out to about 15 dealers today, ranging from the PA/NJ/NY area to the CT/MA/ME area. The best deal seemed to be $33,000 even.

I'd also just like to say that Kevin Rogers (Lexus of Massapequa) and Manny Almonte (Lexus of Manhattan) were the best to deal with. Lightning fast replies to any emails I sent out, even towards the end of the day and on such short notice. They were both very personable and honest, and were great to deal with. If you need any more info about them, please PM me. The communications from both of them couldn't have been any better.

I'd highly recommend them to anyone in the Massapequa/Manhattan areas.
Old 01-05-08, 10:37 AM
GS350
Pole Position

I'm surprised witht the number of folks telling you to go for a BMW.....
Old 01-05-08, 11:03 AM
aequitas3
Driver

Originally Posted by GS350
I'm surprised witht the number of folks telling you to go for a BMW.....
lol yeah i know! that's in second place at the moment, 27% of the votes...

i do have a month of vacation time and they are probably taking european delivery requests for the new 1 series.. hmm...

i just got back from the dealer, and they kinda lowballed me on the trade so it was a no go on the '08 obsidian. as i was about to leave, he also showed me an '06 IS250 though.. 26k miles, navigation system, park assist, bluetooth and xenons. it still has the shiftable automatic and and heated/cooled ventillated leather seats. it's a CPO. they're offering a pretty solid price on that, so that's pretty tempting. i'd be getting more features for less, with basically the same body style. the only difference really seems to be the shark fin antenna, and that's no big deal.

(i really should've brought my camera, but i forgot it in my rush out the door this morning)
Old 01-05-08, 11:47 AM
GS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aequitas3
lol yeah i know! that's in second place at the moment, 27% of the votes...

i do have a month of vacation time and they are probably taking european delivery requests for the new 1 series.. hmm...

i just got back from the dealer, and they kinda lowballed me on the trade so it was a no go on the '08 obsidian. as i was about to leave, he also showed me an '06 IS250 though.. 26k miles, navigation system, park assist, bluetooth and xenons. it still has the shiftable automatic and and heated/cooled ventillated leather seats. it's a CPO. they're offering a pretty solid price on that, so that's pretty tempting. i'd be getting more features for less, with basically the same body style. the only difference really seems to be the shark fin antenna, and that's no big deal.

(i really should've brought my camera, but i forgot it in my rush out the door this morning)
Yea, I'm still kinda shocked by that. And the new 1 series

This is my opinion, if you are buying a lexus for the comforts of it, then I don't think the engine matters. But if you like going fast and and the luxury I would spring for the 350. Either way, you get a badass Lexus

Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-05-08, 12:11 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It's tough,if not impossible,to get a mentioned here $5700 off an AWD in the NY,NJ,PA area.
Old 01-05-08, 05:21 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Originally Posted by Joeb427
It's tough,if not impossible,to get a mentioned here $5700 off an AWD in the NY,NJ,PA area.
Yeah, seriously...

Also - I'm thinking I might go to Germany regardless this summer, my old roommate from Penn State wants to go, and since I've never been outside the US yet, that sounds pretty sweet.

Back on topic... I wasn't able to test out the navigation on the '06 today since I had to head home. I plan on checking it out Monday evening if possible. I know some of you on here have an '06 IS with the Nav... What do you think of it? I currently have a Garmin that works perfectly, which would be going to one of my parents if I went through with the '06 IS. Does the Lexus nav pronounce street names? (Example: The Garmin would say "In 2 miles, turn left... turn left." What would the Lexus nav say?)
Old 01-05-08, 07:26 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for all the replies!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on all the paperwork to make sure..

Excellent post, thank you for the awesome advice. I'll keep all of this in mind.

Yeah, people in Florida/California/etc seem to get a lot more off. Being in northeast PA, the AWD is definitely more in demand.

I did a test drive during the December to Remember event, and the sales agent gave me this price then. I spoke with him again last night, and he said even though it's beyond the December to Remeber sale, he'd still honor that price. I know half of that is just salesman-speak, but it still sounds like a pretty good offer.

That's very true. I'll fill some out now and see where it goes... I filled one out last night, and here was my message to them:
"I was offered an Obsidian Black '08 IS250 with the perforated black leather
and AWD for $33,785.

Options included Bi Xenon HIDs with Adaptive Front Lights and the
Luxury/Premium package.

Can you beat this price of $33,785? Please let me know tomorrow. If I
don't hear back from you, I'll purchase locally.

Thanks!"

Their reply:
"Thanks for the inquiry. I don't have a black IS in stock, and even if I did,
I couldn't sell it for the price you were offered. Take advantage of that
deal and buy the car!"

I found it kind of odd that they didn't try to counter offer, or say "we don't have that, but we do have this", or "but we do have it in this color"...

What do you guys think? Also, could I have phrased my email to them better?
I wouldn't give so much info. Just that you need their best offer. don't let them cop out over email like that.

they don't have a black IS (or expect one in their next 2 wks of allocation)? sounds like a small dealer.

nav doesn't call out street names--only interstate (and some state) route numbers ("Enter Route I-276 on the left")

Last edited by tex2670; 01-05-08 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-05-08, 07:34 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Originally Posted by tex2670
I wouldn't give so much info. Just that you need their best offer. don't let them cop out over email like that.

they don't have a black IS (or expect one in their next 2 wks of allocation)? sounds like a small dealer.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too... This other deal sounds decent ('06 IS250 w/ AWD & nav), but I am going to consider the European Delivery option too. I'm going to check out some rates on Priceline right now and see exactly how much the flight/hotel would cost out in Munich.

Off topic - but has anyone here ever been to Germany or Japan? I really want to see some other parts of the world, I've only ever been around the US at this point...
Old 01-05-08, 07:36 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Originally Posted by tex2670
nav doesn't call out street names--only interstate (and some state) route numbers ("Enter Route I-276 on the left")
How does it handle recalculating routes? For example, if I miss a turn, my Garmin will beep twice and say "Recalculating" as a heads up that I missed it.

Also - can you program any avoidances in it? With the Garmin, I can tell it to avoid unpaved roads, U-Turns, highways and tolls..
Old 01-06-08, 11:23 AM
aequitas3
Driver

One other quick question - is there really much of a difference between the '06 IS250 and the '08 IS250? It seems like visually the only difference was the shark fin, but were there any major problems that exist for the '06 that don't exist on the '08?
Old 01-06-08, 12:38 PM
GS350
Pole Position

One other quick question - is there really much of a difference between the '06 IS250 and the '08 IS250? It seems like visually the only difference was the shark fin, but were there any major problems that exist for the '06 that don't exist on the '08?
The '08s have redesigned seatbacks for more rear seat leg room.
Old 01-06-08, 12:42 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Originally Posted by GS350
The '08s have redesigned seatbacks for more rear seat leg room.
Since the other car I was considering is a 2 seater, that doesn't bother me

Is $32k a good deal for an '06 IS250 with AWD, Navigation + rear camera, park assist, Xenons and Bluetooth? Black Sapphire Metallic with a cream colored interior. (not sure of the exact color name)
Old 01-06-08, 12:44 PM
GS350
Pole Position

Is $32k a good deal for an '06 IS250 with AWD, Navigation + rear camera, park assist, Xenons and Bluetooth? Black Sapphire Metallic with a cream colored interior. (not sure of the exact color name)
A 2008 IS350 with the Nav/ML package and rear spoiler is $42K. Just some food for thought.
Old 01-07-08, 04:11 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How does it handle recalculating routes? For example, if I miss a turn, my Garmin will beep twice and say "Recalculating" as a heads up that I missed it.

Also - can you program any avoidances in it? With the Garmin, I can tell it to avoid unpaved roads, U-Turns, highways and tolls..
Definitely recalculates if you miss a turn, and you can program "areas to avoid" but I never have done that. You could go on another test drive, and tell the guy you want to see details of the nav.

Differences 06-08 are minor only.
Old 01-07-08, 12:05 PM
mark5
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

32K w/26k miles? seems a little high, i'd rather pay a little more for a new BMW lol

Quick Reply: How does this offer sound?