IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scratch on Car?!? o.O

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-08, 02:55 AM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratch on Car?!? o.O

OMG!!! I just had the car for less then a month and all of a sudden there is like a long scratch on the back of my car on the trunk above the emblem. I'm guessing it was a kid because when I was going to go out I went to the trunk to get something and there was a pencil on the trunk. I didn't notice it at first until my friends came over to check out the new car and told me I had a long scratch on the back. I was able to wipe it off with a soft cloth and the mark disappeared, but the scratch is still there.

Well....my point is, is there like a way to just buy some kind of touch up paint for it(which I think maybe hard to find since it is a two color paint)? Or do you know if the dealers may have some kind of touch up paint for things like this?!
Old 01-05-08, 05:25 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it just a small scratch? or your nail gets caught in it as it goes over it. If it is smooth you can buff it out with some polish. Otherwise go to your dealer and get some touchup paint.
Old 01-05-08, 09:17 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Goto NAPA or Checkers and get Meguiers scratch x... i MIGHT work, might not too BUT its always good to have a bottle of it anyway.

AND dont forget to post up in the regional *hawaii* section even if you no stay oahu, we get da superwhalerunumover now so you never know
Old 01-05-08, 09:57 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
is it just a small scratch? or your nail gets caught in it as it goes over it. If it is smooth you can buff it out with some polish. Otherwise go to your dealer and get some touchup paint.
The scratch is somewhat like my nail gets caught through it and I can feel a bump. Thnx for the advice.

llamaboiz: Goto NAPA or Checkers and get Meguiers scratch x... i MIGHT work, might not too BUT its always good to have a bottle of it anyway.

AND dont forget to post up in the regional *hawaii* section even if you no stay oahu, we get da superwhalerunumover now so you never know
Thnx also! Sorry, I'm like a new Lexus owner and I was wondering what the superwhalerunumover was?! And, I'am from Oahu so its all good! I'm basically trying to get around and see if there is any car clubs or events for some Lexus owners on Oahu.