IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What personalize settings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08 | 11:33 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Default What personalize settings?

I'm scheduled for my 1k checkup this week and was thinking about some LPS.. so what settings did you guys get changed? Need some ideas...

Do they even do anything for the 1k checkup??
Old 01-10-08 | 11:36 PM
Audiofan2
Pole Position

DRL off is my suggestion.
Old 01-10-08 | 11:55 PM
stvn
Pole Position

i am gonna go in for 1k service soon too and i was gonna turn off the drls and auto-unlocking doors when park. i saw a long list of lps on here a while back but can't find it again..
Old 01-11-08 | 12:10 AM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

yeah i think want them to change the door locks too. So when i touch the handle all doors unlock. Its annoying to have to open the door and press the button inside.
Old 01-11-08 | 12:35 AM
triple_c
Pole Position
CL Folding 200000

the door unlock function is a setting you can change yourself without having to go to the dealer. it's described in page 9 in the owners manual. to summarize, you simply sit in your car with your engine off. get your key fob, make sure that little red light on the fob isn't on, and press and hold the unlock and lock buttons on the fob for 5 seconds. if done correctly, the display in the instrument cluster will show the car with all four doors open. the car will also beep twice outside, while making a single tone inside.

similarly, the door unlock setting when shifting to park is also something you can change yourself. its on pages 20-21 in the manual. close all doors and hit the start button twice with the foot off the brake. the manual states to do those two steps within 10 seconds. to turn off auto-unlock when shifting to park, keep the shift lever in park, and hold the door unlock button on your driver's side door for 5 seconds and then release. i've heard that you need to hold it for nearly exactly 5 seconds. you'll know you've done it right when you release the button and all the doors lock then unlock. there will be no other indications.
Old 01-11-08 | 04:18 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XprincoX
I'm scheduled for my 1k checkup this week and was thinking about some LPS.. so what settings did you guys get changed? Need some ideas...

I didn't even know there was a 1k checkup--is this something just for your dealer?

Guys--they are the LPS because they are the Lexus "Personalized" Settings. Have them change what YOU like or don't like. You may want to wait a bit--you can have them changed 1x in the 1st 12 months for free, so you may want to have the car a little longer to figure out what you like/don't like.

I'm having mine adjusted next week. I'm having them set the headlight shut off to 0 seconds, instead of 30, and set the auto headlight sensitivity to 1 (both of which they were supposed to do when I picked up the car). I already changed all 4 doors to unlock when I grab the driver's door handle (you can do this yourself).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IS_LPS_PG 2.pdf (31.1 KB, 229 views)
Old 01-11-08 | 04:19 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

yeah i think want them to change the door locks too. So when i touch the handle all doors unlock. Its annoying to have to open the door and press the button inside.
Yeah--I hate this, especially when I'm driving the kids around. I don't understand why they didn't make all 4 doors with sensors like the ES and GS. BUT--if that's the only thing you change, DON'T waste your free LPS on this. You can do it yourself.
Old 01-11-08 | 06:06 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

I had them turn off all automatic door locking when shifting into drive. I hate that feature. I want to control the locking/unlocking of my doors. If you live in a sketchy area it may be important to you, but it isn't an issue where I live.

And had the light feature turned off. As soon as the door is open the lights go off.

And pressing the fob button ONE time to unlock all doors. And ONE push to unlock the trunk.

Decreased the sensitivity of the automatic headlights to "4". That way they don't automatically click on when I drive into my garage.

And I disabled the climate control so I can select the mode. It doesn't switch automatically.

And turned the DRL's off, although that is technically not an LPS feature.

As others have said, make changes which make sense to YOU, not what others think. You have a year to make your selection, so live with the car for awhile and see what 'bugs' you.
Old 01-11-08 | 07:22 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tex2670
I'm having them set the headlight shut off to 0 seconds, instead of 30, and set the auto headlight sensitivity to 1
Just curious, but why set the headlights to super sensitive "1"? They'll turn on with every passing cloud (almost). I don't like cycling HID headlights unnecessarily ..... can't be good for their longetivity.
Old 01-11-08 | 09:47 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Just curious, but why set the headlights to super sensitive "1"? They'll turn on with every passing cloud (almost). I don't like cycling HID headlights unnecessarily ..... can't be good for their longetivity.
I find that I frequently have to manually turn them on as it gets dark in the evening, before they come on automatically.
Old 01-11-08 | 09:54 AM
sykocus
Lead Lap
CL Folding 3M

The 1k mi checkup is a joke. I just pulled up next to the showroom. A guy came out, checked the levels and topped off wiper fluid. I think the check up took as long as it did for him to fill out the service record in the manual.

Also here's a more complete list of LPS that I found on this forum.
Attached Files

Last edited by sykocus; 01-11-08 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-11-08 | 10:08 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Audiofan2
DRL off is my suggestion.
Totally agree, I hate the DRL's .

The way my LX470 set up is : Of course no DRL

The front doors, from Park to either Drive or Reverse LOCK all doors.

From Drive or Reverse to Park all doors remain CLOSED ( I prefer to individually open the door ) This a safety factor .
Old 01-11-08 | 10:37 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

yeah i'll probably save my LPS for the 5k oil change and figure out what kinda stuff i want exactly first. I'll just stop by the dealer for some leather conditioner/cleaner and maybe a window shade.
Old 01-12-08 | 01:00 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Just got back from Longo Lexus. I ended up not getting anything changed this time but did get the 1k checkup. The service agent said once they program my preferences it's locked forever?? So i better be 100% sure i know what settings i want first. I'm thinking that guy was talking out of his ***. Or is it different for 08 models?
Old 01-12-08 | 02:58 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Just got back from Longo Lexus. I ended up not getting anything changed this time but did get the 1k checkup. The service agent said once they program my preferences it's locked forever?? So i better be 100% sure i know what settings i want first. I'm thinking that guy was talking out of his ***. Or is it different for 08 models?
Diamonds are forever, LPS are not. Any change can be reversed, but you'll have to pay for susequent changes. Maybe that is what he was referring to, or maybe he was talking out of his backside.

Quick Reply: What personalize settings?