IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

accident and insurance settlement

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-08, 03:16 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No they didn't take any of the money they just made big promises that they couldn't keep.
Old 01-13-08, 03:23 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

I just sent you a PM with the info.

Originally Posted by ssmoked
what company was that. please inform me so i don't go through the mistake
thanks
Old 01-13-08, 06:08 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See if you can get a paralegal to file a case for you. They are much cheaper the since lawers charge by the minutes.

Are you dealing with there insurance or is your insurance dealing with there insurance? If your insurance is dealing with it you are SOL. If you trade in your car you are SOL anyways because they will never give you what you want. Tho they will not check to see if the car was in an accident or not. That is the only good thing.
Old 01-13-08, 07:02 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by slee18
See if you can get a paralegal to file a case for you. They are much cheaper the since lawers charge by the minutes.

Are you dealing with there insurance or is your insurance dealing with there insurance? If your insurance is dealing with it you are SOL. If you trade in your car you are SOL anyways because they will never give you what you want. Tho they will not check to see if the car was in an accident or not. That is the only good thing.
i am planning to deal with their insurance myself. Why would you say i will be SOL if my insurance deals with it?

I think about it this way, if I trade it in I will get tax credit back compared to selling it myself, although i might get less money but at the end with the tax credit it cancels out and i sell my vehicle faster. with my last car, the dealer did pull a carfax on it
Old 01-13-08, 07:51 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insurances usually will benefit themselves. They wont help you get the most out of you accident. they will just settle as soon as pdeossible.

Your right out the tax credit. think it depends on how much credit u get back vs net profit of selling it back.

I would have a paralegal look at your case too and see if you have any chance on getting more.
Old 01-13-08, 08:57 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slee18
Paralegals have no license to practice law. You have to graduate from an accredited law school and pass the bar exam to practice law. In my state only a lawyer can give legal advice or represent someone else in court.
Old 01-14-08, 04:17 AM
Rod_24
Rookie

This is very interesting if someone that has sucessfully accomplished can post what would be the best approach on how to go about this that would be awesome!
Old 01-14-08, 05:25 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

I got $4,000 Diminished Value for my accident by hiring a 3rd party appriser to submit the claim for it. Took some fighting and I didn't get as much as the appraiser promised or really enough to cover my true loss in value on my car.

Originally Posted by Rod_24
This is very interesting if someone that has sucessfully accomplished can post what would be the best approach on how to go about this that would be awesome!
Old 01-14-08, 08:02 AM
Scottina08
Lead Lap

I posted what to do on page 1. You need to find tha statuate or law that covers this. Then get the car appraissed before and after the accident(another words...their opinion on the value had it not been wrecked) and the value now. Take the repair bill and any pics you have. Then file the claim with the insurance company...they will want the appraissal.
Old 01-14-08, 01:27 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Unfortunately he is in Florida and Florida has NO laws or statutes regarding diminished value. I just went through this after my accident and even called the Florida Insurance Commissioners office.

Originally Posted by Scottina08
I posted what to do on page 1. You need to find tha statuate or law that covers this. Then get the car appraissed before and after the accident(another words...their opinion on the value had it not been wrecked) and the value now. Take the repair bill and any pics you have. Then file the claim with the insurance company...they will want the appraissal.
Old 01-14-08, 06:59 PM
Rod_24
Rookie

Originally Posted by wednesday
Unfortunately he is in Florida and Florida has NO laws or statutes regarding diminished value. I just went through this after my accident and even called the Florida Insurance Commissioners office.

Luckily im in NC but i been searching but cant find anything
Old 01-17-08, 05:50 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

intresting. didnt know about this. i was side swipped and my car was only 3 months old. its fixed now. cant tell . the shop did a good job. wonder if i can still file something like this. or is it even worth the trouble.
Old 01-17-08, 06:11 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

I think as long as you haven't signed anything releasing them from liability then you can. Might be worth a try. Check your states laws and see if there is anything regarding Diminished Value. Even if there isn't you can probably still get something, I did.